Saying you are without sin verses in 1 John

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have some Christians gone to a bar, got drunk, and had a car wreck and were arrested for drunk driving? Yeah! It has happened, and the reason it happened can be many with the person suffering a personal tragedy, like divorce, death in the family, financial ruin, etc

The biblical reason is:

“…these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.” (Mark 4:18-19)

Here’s what the Lord thinks of these “Christians”:

“…these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?” (Luke 13:7)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This site is getting crazier by the minute!

Paul in Romans 3:25 specifically said "for the remission of sins that are past".

Yes, all sin is past, the very second you do it, its in the past.

Notice the verse does not say.."past sins".., as that is how you have wrongly understood it.
Instead, the context is...>>(not the greek mistranslated, or the commentary you are using)...but the real context is......."its as if you never sinned"....as that is How God sees the Born Again Spirit.
This is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge the born again with their sin, as they are past.....all gone......done away with by Christ who bore them and died for them : "once and for all".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical reason is:

“…these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.” (Mark 4:18-19)

Here’s what the Lord thinks of these “Christians”:

“…these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?” (Luke 13:7)

"Cherry picking" Scripture doesn't prove anything. It just shows that you will go to any length to try to prove your erroneous doctrine.

BTW, here is all of Luke 13:7 in English: So he said to the worker who tended the vineyard, ‘For three years now, I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree, and each time I inspect it I find none. Cut it down! Why should it continue to deplete the soil?’

Why "cumbereth" it??? What kind of archaic Englyshe is that? No wonder you don't understand the Bible.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow. What heresy!

we who have believed on Jesus Christ STILL NEED TO REPENT OF FUTURE SIN we may slip up and commit

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin… In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil” (1 John 3:9-10)

How do “slip up” @Davy ?

You slip and obey unrighteousness? How does that happen?

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

@Davy doesn’t know this.

Stop teaching @Davy

And don't tell me you don't sin anymore, because you will CONTINUE to slip at times as long as you live on earth in this flesh body.

No!

As long as you obey your flesh in direct disobedience to this scripture:

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin… God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)

You aren’t dead to sin @Davy .

So guess what, you aren’t going to live with Christ because:

“…if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:” (2 Timothy 2:11)

If you think you don't sin anymore, then you make Jesus a liar, like Apostle John said in 1 John 1.

No, here’s the real liar:

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

Your Lord said this:

“…sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)

Because:

“…Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.” (John 8:34)

Start serving God, not sin @Davy

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Cherry picking" Scripture doesn't prove anything.

You cannot prove anything. You cannot refute what the Bible says.

Why "cumbereth" it??? What kind of archaic Englyshe is that? No wonder you don't understand the Bible.

You don’t understand the scriptures with your versions. Post some of your modern scriptures to refute what I say or remain silent.