Scambaiters intercept/hack scam victim calls

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting. YouTube scambaiters including Scammer Payback, Jim Browning and Pleasant Green assemble at a call center to save scam victims. This while victims are actually on the phone with the scammers.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting. YouTube scambaiters including Scammer Payback, Jim Browning and Pleasant Green assemble at a call center to save scam victims. This while victims are actually on the phone with the scammers.

Are the Scambaiters hackers themselves?

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the Scambaiters hackers themselves?

Yes, they are well qualified in IT so know how to infiltrate the scammers' call centers which operate out of India as big (criminal) business.

They also give information about the scammers' operations to the authorities in the USA, Canada and even India. Although some of the Indian police apparently are paid off by the owners of the scam centers.

The father of scambaiters is apparently Jim Browning. He approaches them very methodically and explains their tactics to us.
Scammer Payback (Pierogi) is also very good.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sent the above video to a few friends.

One of them wrote back thanking me for the video because she said she was almost scammed.

Reactions: dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another video of saving several scam victims....

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a call asking for my medical information. He said, he was from CVS on main st. I hanged up and called CVS. This is a common scam that goes on to ask more questions to gain too much information

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With AI now,all a scammer needs is a clip of someone's voice to copy it.

Then they do the research and call family members as that voice. They claim they're stranded and desperate for money to be wired to them.

Or,worse, a fake kidnapper calls and asks for ransom. Then put that faked AI voice of the supposed kidnapped family victim on the phone as proof of life so they can beg for the cash to be sent.

What a world.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have a program over here that intercepts scammers - I use to watch it with my dad. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was interesting to watch. Also it made you much more aware x

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to watch out for Facebook. If you friend someone they get your birthdate and then if you message with them they get your phone number, plus they already have your name.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s the same with the stupid questions and quizzes that do the rounds on Facebook- they come across as being for fun but in with the fun questions they find out years you were born, went to school, middle names , where you have lived before.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had automated phone calls ,saying that money has been taken out of my account, when I asked them what bank I was with...they said Nat West, “ WRONG” LOL....you have to be on your tiptoes with these darn scammers....

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s the same with the stupid questions and quizzes that do the rounds on Facebook- they come across as being for fun but in with the fun questions they find out years you were born, went to school, middle names , where you have lived before.
Have you seen the ones saying type done, then you win a brand new car, some people actually fall for this....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you seen the ones saying type done, then you win a brand new car, some people actually fall for this....
Yes, there are loads like that, perhaps when I was younger I would have equally fallen for things like that but now they just make me cringe !
Also the click bait with things , they don’t post the whole story but ask you to check the first comment and they manipulate through the headline. That happens with all kinds of things, including conspiracy things. When you check them out they are often out of context but have reeled you in to get more popularity

Reactions: Debp and Ritajanice

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had ads with some interesting news in it on Facebook and it sends me off site and thru all these portal sites and then asks me to click on something. I reported it to Facebook, but definitely hackers.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also never friend someone on Facebook that you don't know in person. I did that once cause they looked legit and now I get all these scammer phone calls trying to get personal info.

Reactions: Debp and Ritajanice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check out Kitboga. He is hilarious when talking with scammers. He pretends to be an old lady or sometimes an old man. He is so funny!!!!
Wow. LOL
Watched some video shorts.
He had a scammer on the phone for over 10 hours.
The scammers are so angry. They are cussing at him.

/