Scholars can be dangerous to our faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is just a silly rant which actually goes against what is in the Bible. Looks like some unbelieving "scholars" got to you. All the cults deny the reality of an eternal Hell.
The Pharisees called Christianity a cult too

Matthew 23

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

1 Corinthians 15

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Amadeus, again: If some "Christian" tells you that if scientists do not find evidence of a planetary flood, you do not have to take the Biblical story literally, what would you say?

In other words: How can you respond to someone who says he is a Christian and tells you that the Biblical Flood did not happen?

A clue: did our spiritual Leader Jesus believe that the Flood was a real event?

Is there any other Biblical indication that allows the Christian to be convinced that the Flood was a real event?
If a person pushes to argue such a point with me, with God's help I have learned to back away. Only God gives any real increase to anyone. Yes, He does work through people, including me, at times, but I won't insist. The heart must be open to God, and I cannot open a heart.

When a person asks me an honest question and God has given me an answer, I then may respond, but again... only God gives the increase! [See I Cor 3:6-7]

Reactions: Adam

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you respond to someone who says he is a Christian and tells you that the Biblical Flood did not happen?

To the point: Jesus considered the Flood as a real event. If someone says the contrary, you know something indictable: that person is not Christian; he is just pretending.:cool:

Luke 17:25 First, however, he must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by this generation. 26 Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all.

o_OEither there are only machines here, fake-Christians only, or the Christians around here don't like to think mucho_O

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you respond to someone who says he is a Christian and tells you that the Biblical Flood did not happen?

To the point: Jesus considered the Flood as a real event. If someone says the contrary, you know something indictable: that person is not Christian; he is just pretending.:cool:

Luke 17:25 First, however, he must undergo many sufferings and be rejected by this generation. 26 Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all.

o_OEither there are only machines here, fake-Christians only, or the Christians around here don't like to think mucho_O
Your last line is total nonsense. Have you ever heard of solipsism? "In a solipsistic position, a person only believes their mind or self is sure to exist."

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another way to show that the Flood of Noah's day occurred is in the same chronologies that show that Adam and Eve were real people, such as those in Luke 3 and 1 Chron. one.

How can those genealogical trees be used to demonstrate the event of the Flood? ;)