Second Coming of Jesus on May 21 2011?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AshleeNik

Mar 15, 2011
Reading your posts have really helped me. I have been scared and anxious about tomorrow. I know the coming of Jesus can not be predicted, and it is nothing to be scared about. Reading all these posts has refreshed everything I've already heard, sometimes I just need to be reminded. My husband is gone tonight so please pray that my anxiety stays away and that I can get a good nights rest without worrying about things that aren't going to happen tomorrow.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Reading your posts have really helped me. I have been scared and anxious about tomorrow. I know the coming of Jesus can not be predicted, and it is nothing to be scared about. Reading all these posts has refreshed everything I've already heard, sometimes I just need to be reminded. My husband is gone tonight so please pray that my anxiety stays away and that I can get a good nights rest without worrying about things that aren't going to happen tomorrow.

Darling no need to worry...if the Lord comes and you are His...well...how much better is glory than earth...you know..I heard this the other day and it makes perfect sense to me.....earth is as close to hell a follower of Christ will ever get...and as close to Heaven a non follower will get....

Mercy..I guess.... that Harold or who ever he is...forgot to mention whether the 21st was the date in northern hemisphere or whether the 21st was the date in the southern hemisphere...

AshleeNik

Mar 15, 2011
Darling no need to worry...if the Lord comes and you are His...well...how much better is glory than earth...you know..I heard this the other day and it makes perfect sense to me.....earth is as close to hell a follower of Christ will ever get...and as close to Heaven a non follower will get....

Mercy..I guess.... that Harold or who ever he is...forgot to mention whether the 21st was the date in northern hemisphere or whether the 21st was the date in the southern hemisphere...

I noticed that someone said it was already the 21st there lol.

I know there is no need to worry. But for some reason I can't stop myself. In my head I KNOW there is no logical reason why the 2nd coming would be tomorrow, but for some reason I still feel this tension in my mind. Having this forum has really helped. Its probably a good thing I'm anxious about it, even though I am a Christian this has made me want to apply myself more to the church and get more involved. Thanks so much.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

Amen Shep. Whether you view the Rapture as a Post Tribulation Event or a pre-tribulation event, it is still considered our Blessed Hope. It is something that we should long for, because our Savior and King is coming.

[bible='John 14:1-3'] 1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.[/bible]

Heavenly Father,

I thank you Lord for the promise of your coming, and I ask that you send your peace to our beloved sister. Keep you hand upon her and her family. Thank you for loving us, providing for us, but most of all for saving us. I pray in your blessed Son's name, Jesus. Amen

Joshua David

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Well, it's 2:00pm in Australia, and we're all still here!
I know that come tomorrow nothing will have changed. I feel for the people who will have their faith shaken by this foolish belief. And I also feel frustrated that through it, they have invited the entire population of earth to laugh at us, and at God. That is not cool.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Don't worry Rach... people are used to it by now... this has been happening since our grandparents were kids... there's always some new church that's convinced everyone the end is coming so everyone should just give them all their money... notice they never say, "The rapture is coming so don't bother giving us your money because we're out of here... just go give your money to the homeless" haha... When someone actually believes what they're preaching they'll probably say, "Don't bother giving us your money because we're out of here" hahahaha

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Matthew 25:13 (NKJV)
[sup]13 [/sup]Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man (Jesus) is coming.

But it will happen.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Well, here I am still here. We must all be terrible sinners round here becuse I havn't seen anyone floatingupto Heaven yet. I'm looking out for flying pigs as well.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rapture.jpg

I went to ask my pastor about this but this was all I could find...hummmm

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say I am a bit disappointed about the rapture not happening - what a let down.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have to say I am a bit disappointed about the rapture not happening - what a let down.

If the remark is an attempt at humor, it's a good one. Let down, indeed. Wish I'd thought of it myself.
attaboy

The date came and went and the only thing that changed was the page on the calendar.
No rapture this weekend.

The root of the madness lies in a false ideology; the pre-tribulation rapture.
I use the word ideology, because this pathetic excuse for logic cannot even be graced with the connotation of 'doctrine'.

That Christ will return is a core principle of the Christian faith. The problem lies in a very fast and loose interpretation of scripture along with the willful neglect of Christ's own words.

Everyone has heard that Jesus Himself did not know the day or hour of His return. We have all read that He cautioned us against extremist interpretations in that regard.
If Jesus Christ didn't know, then how can any of us claim to have a lock on it?
The bottom line is that we can't. History is riddled with the shattered sad stories of those who have falsely claimed and believed this bogus knowledge. This past weekend is nothing new in that regard.

What everyone does NOT know, or do not act like they know, is that Jesus will not return at a predetermined moment. Predetermined by man, that is.

Oh yes, there is lots and lots of empty lip service paid to it, but at the end of the day there are those who STILL firmly believe in the pre-tribulation rapture. They ignore the words of the Christ they claim to follow.
This despite HISTORIC EVIDENCE and logic that it is untrue. Time and again false prophets have raised their heads and opened their mouths to declare that Christ will return BEFORE THE SEASON. Time and again muddle headed individuals have accepted this fiction and marched like lemmings into an empty result, a non-event.

There are two reasons and only one result for the religious comedy of this weekend's past expectation of a rapture that did not happen. The result is that Christians are made to look like idiots. The two reasons for this is the presumptive notion of a pre-tribulation rapture and the juvenile desire to escape reality and the responsibilities of life. The common view of a pre-tribulation rapture is nothing less than a desire to escape reality mixed with a lack of faith, a sin in God's eyes.

When will Jesus really return? He gave us a clue.

He said that there would be a season unlike any in history prior to His return. There are lots of clues all over the Bible as to what that 'season' would look like in reality. Those that look for a rapture BEFORE THE SEASON are either deluded fools or wandering sheep who have paid no attention to their shepard. This weekend's religious comedy act proves once again the fallacy of believing the words of those who look for an advent prior to the proper season. The whole thing is a trap and is rooted in pre-tribulation rapture science fiction. No aliens, no Star Trek beam out, and no Jesus before the time.

The rapture will come when Jesus comes. Anybody who believes otherwise is in for ANOTHER disappointment. It is so certain that you can bet on it. The problem is that no sane person would take the bet.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christ will not be returning on Dec 21, 2012 either, that's not what the date is about.

That day is my wife's birthday. If I did not celebrate the day properly then hell would come instead of Jesus.

I studied the matter when gathering information for my book. The Mayan date is merely the end of a cycle, much like the end of our own Gregorian calendar on December 31st each year.
On that evening we gather to remember the past and look forward to the future. It is not a portent of evil or ends other than those which we make for ourselves.

In truth 12/21/2012 marks the winter solstice. In ancient times calendars were not created to track business appointments, but to aid in sowing and harvesting crops. One had a higher chance of a successful crop if one planted and harvested at the proper time, hence the invention of calendars. Times of sowing and harvesting are cyclical and so was the Mayan calendar. Dec. 12, 2012 is merely the end of one such cycle.

HOWEVER.....

Fearmongers multiply and profit by erroneous interpretations of any document and event. In the modern world it's simply good business. No one is really concerned about the truth.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
God's not gonna end time until there's no hope for change because at that moment everything will be what it is... in that moment whatever is unrighteous or righteous will stay that way... so the reason why no one knows is because God doesn't have a date set... He's just waiting for the right moment to basically set everything in stone... change is the one thing that times keeps constant and in eternity everything will be what it is... that's my belief anyways...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
God's not gonna end time until there's no hope for change because at that moment everything will be what it is... in that moment whatever is unrighteous or righteous will stay that way... so the reason why no one knows is because God doesn't have a date set... He's just waiting for the right moment to basically set everything in stone... change is the one thing that times keeps constant and in eternity everything will be what it is... that's my belief anyways...

You keep thinking that way, rob, you keep thinking that way!