Second Coming of Jesus on May 21 2011?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

scpro

Mar 21, 2011
Whoa

So - there are tons of news stories, websites, and twitter posts about how May 21 2011 will be the 2nd coming of Jesus. Yeah? What do YOU think about that?

I kind of agree, the signs do seem to point to the a May 21 Doomsday, but I also question whether or not that is true. I have posted on my facebook and twitter, but want to know what you think? Perhaps you too could do the same (post on twitter and facebook) to find out what your peers are thinking. Are all the earthquakes and disasters around the world just signs that The End of the World is on it's way very soon?

Here is the site that I first found out about it from - JudgementDay2011.com

Your Thoughts?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Again, for these claims to be true, Jesus would have to have been wrong in Matt 24:36 - "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

There are too many things that haven't happened that must transpire before Christ's return.

I will be looking to see what these people have to say come May 22nd of this year.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I seriously don't understand why people continue to try and pin a date on when Christ will return. He quite clearly tells us that no one will know, that we will be going on and living life as usual when He comes.
Do we really think that just because we've 'tracked the signs' and 'read into the scriptures' that Jesus is going to look down and say "gee, you know, they've got that planned out so well, I'm just gonna have to come now, despite what I said"!!
I really get that we are so very anxious for our Lord to return and make everything perfect again, but in our desire for that return, we musn't neglect His teachings! We must remember that He is Lord, and that every day that He doesn't return, another soul is added to those redeemed! And that is wonderful! So when we are tempted to put a date on His return, we should remember that despite the previous dates set, He didn't return....and we were saved! And He won't return on May 21, and maybe after that date we will see our parents, siblings, children saved. Worth the wait? Oh yeah!!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
What will probably happen, is some guy every dislikes will spout that Christ is coming back on "this day". People dislike Him so much, no one believes that Christ will come back on that day. That guy never even believed in His own prediction, he was just in it for the money/attention, and thus God chooses to come on that day. That would be funny. Just comical speculation.

LightofChrist111

Apr 9, 2011
Read scripture have you yet seen the four horsemen events of famine, pestilence, war, death? That comes first I say you should prepare for that now maybe it coming very soon the Second coming will come later when it is time for it to come other things must first be fulfilled. Does it not say that a loaf of bread shall cost a weeks wages what do you think this is suggesting to you? I tell you this I know 100% that the Second Coming is not happening in may but can tell you this also it is coming soon it is best you begin to prepare spiritually and physically for the harder times ahead, those which endure shall be given eternal life.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read scripture have you yet seen the four horsemen events of famine, pestilence, war, death? That comes first I say you should prepare for that now maybe it coming very soon the Second coming will come later when it is time for it to come other things must first be fulfilled. Does it not say that a loaf of bread shall cost a weeks wages what do you think this is suggesting to you? I tell you this I know 100% that the Second Coming is not happening in may but can tell you this also it is coming soon it is best you begin to prepare spiritually and physically for the harder times ahead, those which endure shall be given eternal life.
I like LightofChrist111's answer. For therein is wisdom and sound counsel that all should take seriously and give earnest heed to insure every needful preparation is made against the trying time just ahead of us today.

"He who is prepared shall not fear" and "If we fail to prepare, we prepare to fail".

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can positively, without a doubt promise you that Jesus will not come yesterday.

Julian of York

Mar 23, 2011
I think much harm has been done through the centuries by date setting.
I think that looking for Signs of the Second Coming is unscriptural. Christ said that the Jew seeketh for a sign. He said that there would be no sign given but the Sign of Jonah, where Christ would spend three days in the depths of the earth before Ressurecting. That has been fulfilled.
People keep saying,"Things can't get any worse!" That.of course, is incorrect. Ask the people in Zaire,Libya,Chad, or Syria if things can be worse than we in the West deal with. Ask the closet Christians in Iran. Or the Persecuted in the Soviet prison camps (the Gulag Archipelego) or in Red China,Nazi Germany, Tsarist Russia, Revolutionary France or those tortured by the Inquisition.
Unfortunately, things can get a LOT WORSE. AND THEY WILL, UNLESS GOD INTERVENES.
Question: If Christ does NOT come soon,what are YOU going to do? Most modern Christians don't have the faith,the ability to pray,the knowledge of Scripture, or a holy life enough to make it through REAL tough times.

Julian of York

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
We should already be living like He's here and then we won't have to worry about when He's coming...

I kinda agree with this...we should live like it. But on the other hand I also think we should be living with the hope of His return in our hearts. Because while God lives within us, it is still a far cry from the perfection of what will be. It's like Paul said...that without Jesus' resurrection, without the hope of our own, we are basically fools. Because the wondrous end, when our Lord returns, is why we live like we do!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... I also can't wait till everything is submitted to Him... "The LORD said to my Lord,“ Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"

The last enemy that's defeated will be death... can't wait for that... death sucks!!!

magman

May 8, 2011
Hi All, my first post here, I am still learning my way around the forum, but a blessing to be able to share word and views with other Christians around the world.

I feel we are heading towards the end times, but maybe not in our generation, maybe in the next 20-40 years even. I just feel that we should use our salvation to save others around us,

I was watching a education tv program the other night, where a professor was teaching the students to do a very hard equation. But what I noticed, is the teacher does not teach the whole subject, or how to understand the formula, all the teacher was trying to teach the students, was how to answer the question in an exam, and I felt that is like us Christians too, where we are not learning the whole subject, but we are just preparing for our judgement day exam. I was trying to find a scripture while this came to me, and I want to share this scripture,
Galations 2vs20. "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

The last few days I just feel that we are too focused on ourselves, bringing ourselves to Jesus, but we don't let Jesus inside us do our work. I think we should be sharing and witnessing more, instead of worrying or looking forward to the end times. I don't know if I make sense, but also I just feel my calling is heading more towards evangalism, or maybe because time is running out, who knows, but I want to start letting the Jesus in me out for the sake and salvation of others, instead of trying to find the end times.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Christ will not be returning on Dec 21, 2012 either, that's not what the date is about.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I hope He comes back on June 24th so he can make me and my friends a bunch of wine out of water to keep the party going for my birthday... I just hope he doesn't get confused and think it's Australian time or something and show up a day early though...

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christian Post has a story on this today and here's just one thing that I find so sad about this whole story. These predictions have very real victims. I can only wonder how many more people have taken similar actions as these did.

Robert Fitzpatrick – a 60-year-old, retired transit worker from Staten Island who invested his entire life savings of $140,000 into the campaign.

27-year-old Adrienne Martinez: “Knowing the date of the end of the world changes all your future plans.”So, instead of going to medical school like she planned, she gave up that idea. She and her husband, Joel, quit their jobs and moved from New York City to Orlando, where they rented a home and are currently passing out tracts. Joel says they are spending the last of their savings because they don’t see a need for one more dollar.“You know, you think about retirement and stuff like that,” he said. “What’s the point of having some money just sitting there?”“We budgeted everything so that, on May 21, we won’t have anything left,” Adrienne added.

My heart is sad today as I think about these people who have been so taken in by Harold Camping and his false predictions. This is not the first time he has made predictions like this. How many lives has he ruined and how many more victims will he have?

When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick. When he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were distressed and scattered, as sheep not having a shepherd.