Seeking God's Approval

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 11-30-19, Kislev 3, 5780 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 69th. Fall day,

In one opinion, The first step in seeking God’s approval is to start with a willing attitude of praise towards Him. Praising God in either song or reading the Psalms begins the process of a transformed mind. Your thoughts will be more focused on pleasing God first and everyone else afterwards.

The Apostle Paul said, But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
1 Thessalonians Two:4

1 Thessalonians 2:4 Instead, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, not in order to please men but God, who examines our hearts.

1 Thessalonians Two:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:

2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.

3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Try starting from the begining.

The first step in seeking Gods approval is to to repent.
You are assuming that those seeking Gods approval are Christian.
as hebrews says, 'without faith it is impossible to please God.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try starting from the begining.

The first step in seeking Gods approval is to to repent.
You are assuming that those seeking Gods approval are Christian.
as hebrews says, 'without faith it is impossible to please God.
Amen, I had my mind more on the OP rather than repentance. A person attitude is very important. I think that I would have used that scripture in another context, but thanks a good thought.

love always, Walter

Reactions: Jennifer

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere in there also is the need to yield all to Him.

We need to come to the understanding that God made us, and that we are His and not our own. With that understanding, "approval" is perhaps not even the right word--for we should not seek to co-exist with God, but rather to take our rightful place under Him and in Him.

Nonetheless, all the answers thus far are true and good.

Blessings!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In one opinion, The first step in seeking God’s approval is to start with a willing attitude of praise towards Him. Praising God in either song or reading the Psalms begins the process of a transformed mind. Your thoughts will be more focused on pleasing God first and everyone else afterwards.

"And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever." I Chron 28:9

"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. [=God's people]" Psalm 22:3

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere in there also is the need to yield all to Him.

We need to come to the understanding that God made us, and that we are His and not our own. With that understanding, "approval" is perhaps not even the right word--for we should not seek to co-exist with God, but rather to take our rightful place under Him and in Him.

Nonetheless, all the answers thus far are true and good.

Blessings!
@ScottA Amen, Really, I was reading one of the booklets from Our Daily Bread for Saturday Nov. 23rd. titled: The Approval Of One, but while I was reading down to the end, was the question, What does it mean to seek God's approval? it went on to say, At the very least, it involves two things: turning from the desire for the applause of others and allowing His spirit to make us more like Christ.

The one who loved us and through us, we can anticipate a day when we will experience the smile of His approval-the approval of the one who matters most.

Now, I guess you might say, what do the word approval has to do with anything, well, I used that word to describe the OP.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever." I Chron 28:9

"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. [=God's people]" Psalm 22:3
Amen, and thanks.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA Amen, Really, I was reading one of the booklets from Our Daily Bread for Saturday Nov. 23rd. titled: The Approval Of One, but while I was reading down to the end, was the question, What does it mean to seek God's approval? it went on to say, At the very least, it involves two things: turning from the desire for the applause of others and allowing His spirit to make us more like Christ.

The one who loved us and through us, we can anticipate a day when we will experience the smile of His approval-the approval of the one who matters most.

Now, I guess you might say, what do the word approval has to do with anything, well, I used that word to describe the OP.

Love always, Walter
Amen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Apostle Paul said, But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
1 Thessalonians Two:4

1 Thessalonians 2:4 Instead, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, not in order to please men but God, who examines our hearts.

1 Thessalonians Two:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:

2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.

3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Thanks. Has me considering Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: WalterandDebbie