Seminary?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
That certainly shows what has happened to me when I got saved. Everything really did become new. I didn't know anything about Jesus or God but that changed quickly along with the passions of my heart. Praise God!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Then thats what its all about the next steps are up to you learning his word even an hour or half an hour a day ... thats where you start when you are hungry for food you find time to eat ...So it is with spiritual food ... Start with snacks if thats all you have time for ... until you have time for ... a whole meal ... I have a begining to learn the Bible section you might want to read or ask questions here read a verse or two and ask about it ... Start a book and ask about what you dont understandhttp://biblestudy.madmooseforum.com/viewforum.php?f=41

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Jimmy Engle;75040 said:
:D AMEN TO THIS! One of the reasons why I am so miserable about school is because I have a HUGE urge to read the bible and to just lock myself up in my room so when I come out of my room I might have something to say about God. What you say is true. The bulk of what God teaches me will come through prayer and His word and not from school. I wish I had time for bible studies and just good solid fellowship with brother's and sister's in Christ. I'm not sure if I will continue going to school next semester I feel extremely tempted to stop going. This would give me time to study the bible and grow in faith and also save money and when I am ready just go straight to a school that teaches theology.
I guess my advice would be to not put the cart before the horse. Sit back and take a breath. You do not want to hurry into this decision. Jimmy, you said you had been a Christian for less than a year ("Ever since I got saved over the summer ….") now you want to "study theology and teach." That is commendable, and I understand your enthusiasm but Paul didn't even start preaching immediately after he was struck down, and he had all ready been a student of Scripture since his youth. You do not need Theology yet. How much Scripture have you read with understanding? (I am not saying here that you must understand everything in Scripture). It would be better to get grounded in Scripture before thinking about seminary because they don't teach much Scripture, believe it or not. Seminaries train church leaders, they are not Bible Schools.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
[quote name='Christina;75044]Then thats what its all about the next steps are up to you learning his word even an hour or half an hour a day ... thats where you start when you are hungry for food you find time to eat ...So it is with spiritual food ... Start with snacks if thats all you have time for ... until you have time for ... a whole meal ... I have a begining to learn the Bible section you might want to read or ask questions here read a verse or two and ask about it ... Start a book and ask about what you dont understand[URL]http://biblestudy.madmooseforum.com/viewforum.php?f=41[/URL][/QUOTE]Thanks Christina that's a good idea and I'll start doing that![QUOTE=jerryjohnson;75045]I guess my advice would be to not put the cart before the horse. Sit back and take a breath. You do not want to hurry into this decision. Jimmy' date=' you said you had been a Christian for less than a year ("Ever since I got saved over the summer ….") now you want to "study theology and teach." That is commendable, and I understand your enthusiasm but Paul didn't even start preaching immediately after he was struck down, and he had all ready been a student of Scripture since his youth. You do not need Theology yet. How much Scripture have you read with understanding? (I am not saying here that you must understand everything in Scripture)[/QUOTE']Your hitting the nail right on the head by saying this and I totally agree and I know I am not ready yet. I am very far from being ready. I don't plan on going to school for this for a year or two from now anyways. I still believe it would benefit me to take off of school so I can devote all my time to studying which is what I really would like to do.I spend most of my time in the NT and I haven't spent anytime in the OT. I read through Genesis and Exodus and part of Proverbs, Isaiah and some others but most of my time I am reading the NT. Out of all the books I spent the most time in the book of James and I feel I understand it's message fairly well. But like Christina mentioned above I should start reading the bible and discuss what I have read with you guys so you can help in my understanding.BTW, the reason I am so eager to go and pursue spreading the gospel is because for the first time in my life I have found something that I am extremely passionate about. Like no matter what is going on in any given day I am always thinking about God to such a degree that it keeps me up at night just thinking about Him lol.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
These nothing wrong with reading the New testament first I usally recommend reading Genesis, Exodus, then Mathew,Mark, and Luke because it gives one a good overall foundation in which to build on then go back and pick up the other books ...

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
As I was writting there were some other posts. I think what I said is relevent since I wrote it without reading them; I won't rewrite it all, but leave it as is:[quote name='Jimmy Engle;75037]I never said that I didn't think I was saved or that the holy spirit isn't in me or working in my life. It definitely is but from my understanding I can have that to a much greater degree if I was given this precious gift of being filled to overflowing with the holy ghost. But maybe that is the reason why I haven't received the baptism of the holy spirit yet. When I pray for it I expect to experience the sensation of being filled with it's power but maybe by thinking that is the sign of having it is making my faith dwindle so God is holding it back until I change. :confused:[/QUOTE]I will disagree with Christina slightly about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. When you are saved' date=' you have the Holy Spirit in you. I don't call that the baptism of the Holy Spirit.Example: Christ breathes into the disciples saying "Receive the Holy Spirit" in John 20:19-31: This is spiritual regeneration, i.e. "getting saved". You "receive God into your heart. However, about 40 days [I']later[/I] Jesus told the disciples to not leave Jerusalem but to wait until they were baptized with the Holy Spirit. (Which happened at Pentecost). This giving of the Holy Spirit was of a different purpose than the first: empowerment for ministry. The terminology can be tricky. "Receiving the Holy Spirit" can mean different things.I love metaphors. First metaphor: When you are dead in your sins, you are an empty glass. When you get saved, you are filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit. When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, your glass is overflowing.Second metaphor. You are a television, plugged into the wall. You are dead, and have no electricity moving through you. Someone presses the power button (you are now saved). You now have life flowing through you. You have some ability to communicate information to people, but you are on mute. Having the volume turned on is baptism of the Holy Spirit. You are no more saved. However, you have been customized and empowered for ministry.Sometimes, the baptism of the Holy Spirit happens immediately when a person gets saved. For example Acts 10:44-48. Water Baptism can even come after it.Many people describe a very tangible and powerful experience when they are baptized in the HS. Keep in mind baptized means to immerse (like a cloth in dye), to sink (like a ship), or to be overwhelmed, as I remember. Sometimes the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is VERY tangible. Sometimes it is not. Sometimes, it produces speaking in tongues. Sometimes, it does not.I did not have a dramatic baptism of the Holy Spirit. I felt God's presence somewhat, and became better empowered to communicate the Gospel. No fireworks.My friend, a minister, has told me about years ago when he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He had never heard of it before. He had been a Christian only briefly, and had not read much of the Bible. He went into a Church. They asked if anyone wanted prayer. He was feeling guilty because he had been sleeping with his girlfriend, so he said "yes" but didn't say what he wanted prayer for. Somebody prayed that he would be baptized in the Holy Spirit (remember he still didn't even know what it was). It is like Acts 8:15-17, when the baptism wasn't asked for by the receiving person. My friend says it felt like there was literally hot oil pouring over his head and then over his whole body. He had never felt anything like it. He left the building looking for people to tell about Jesus. The baptism gave him a deep desire to tell people about God. Before it, he hadn't even thought about telling people about God.You can't earn a baptism. You can prepare for it by humbling yourself, and studying up on what it means. Jimmy, it is even possible that you have been baptized in the HS and don't realize it because it wasn't dramatic. Possibly it happened when you got saved. If I were you, I would just trust God with it. Don't worry about it. When you trust God with it, I would guess that is when you would either receive it, or have revealed that you already have it. At the very least, you will grow from trusting God.I used to worry a lot about why I couldn’t speak in tongues. It didn’t help. -Redeemed22

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is one baptism Eph 4:5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, John preached the baptism of repentance you are reading into scripture what isn't there .... We are saved by grace upon belief and repentance. It has no other waiting period no other condition that is religion of men not the Word of God ...Your talking about a time when Christ hadn't even fully finished his mission before rising to take his place at the right hand of God.... It isn't a condition of baptism of the spirit ....There is One baptism not two and to claim different is against Gods Word.. and spirit and ghost are used interchangeably they are not different things ... There's the father son and Holy Ghost/spirit.......NOT THE FATHER, SON. HOLY GHOST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ... Gods Word has no denominations only believing in Christ Christ is not a Pentecostal nor a Catholic nor a Lutheran nor a Baptist he is Savior of all ....By Grace one baptism of repentance of sins which can only occur when you confess a belief that Christ died for you sins ... If you want to preach a religion denomination doctrine as a condition of salvation and Gods spirit..... please read Swampfoxs post at link http://www.christianityboard.com/showthread.php?p=74822#post74822

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christina;75053]There is one baptism [URL=http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Eph&c=4&v=5&t=KJV#5][COLOR=#0000ff]Eph 4:5[/COLOR][/URL][B][U]One Lord said:
[/B] John preached the baptism of repentance you are reading into scripture what isn't there .... We are saved by grace upon belief and repentance. It has no other waiting period no other condition that is religion of men not the Word of God ...Your talking about a time when Christ hadn't even fully finished his mission before rising to take his place at the right hand of God.... It isn't a condition of baptism of the spirit ....There is One baptism not two and to claim different is against Gods Word.. and spirit and ghost are used interchangeably they are not different things ... There's the father son and Holy Ghost/spirit.......NOT THE FATHER, SON. HOLY GHOST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ... Gods Word has no denominations only believing in Christ Christ is not a Pentecostal nor a Catholic nor a Lutheran nor a Baptist he is Savior of all ....By Grace one baptism of repentance of sins which can only occur when you confess a belief that Christ died for you sins ... If you want to preach a religion denomination doctrine as a condition of salvation and Gods spirit..... please read Swampfoxs post at link http://www.christianityboard.com/showthread.php?p=74822#post74822
God makes something very clear here, he says in the mouth of 2 or 3 wittness's let it be so. This is why he often repeats himself in differnt books to be a wittness unto each other ..... Now when God repeats something 4 times let it be very clear how serious he is when he speaks Mat 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
copyChkboxOff.gif
Mat 16:4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Mar 8:12And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Luk 11:29And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. Not the sign of tongues not the the sign of some second baptism of a holy ghost. there will be no sign given this generation of believers except ..of Jonas what sign did Jonas give he was in the whale three days this is the type of Jesus being three days in the tomb Jesus his death his resurrection was the only sign we will be given for faith is belief in things not seen ... There is no other sign ..Christ was it ...One baptism One God one religion

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Redeemed22 If you are a Christian , you have accomplished something that is the ultimate thing a person could do on the face of this earth.God is pleased and the angels rejoice.We often make the mistake of thinking we should now add to that and become preachers , pastors, or evangelists. Or go to seminary , or become theologians.Keep in mind that some of the greatest Christian works have come through people who remain as they are with an eye toward a life with the Lord ..... consider that .... and then watch how things unfold.Hope that makes sense Redeemed22 , God chose you , just as you are , for reasons he only knows at this time. He has a plan for you. I do not know what it is and for that reason will not give you advice on what you should do at this time.I have enjoyed your posts , your questions , and your enthusiasm , just remember God has a plan for you it will unfold as intended, not always easy , not always recognized by others , but guided just right for you. You are a unique individual who will do things most of us are not capable of. Individual talents within the Church are gifts. We all can benefit.Thanks again for your enthusiasm.Martin W.

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
Christina;75053]There is one baptism [URL=http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Eph&c=4&v=5&t=KJV#5][COLOR=#0000ff]Eph 4:5[/COLOR][/URL][B][U]One Lord said:
[/B] John preached the baptism of repentance you are reading into scripture what isn't there .... We are saved by grace upon belief and repentance. It has no other waiting period no other condition that is religion of men not the Word of God ...Your talking about a time when Christ hadn't even fully finished his mission before rising to take his place at the right hand of God.... It isn't a condition of baptism of the spirit ....There is One baptism not two and to claim different is against Gods Word.. and spirit and ghost are used interchangeably they are not different things ... There's the father son and Holy Ghost/spirit.......NOT THE FATHER, SON. HOLY GHOST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT ... Gods Word has no denominations only believing in Christ Christ is not a Pentecostal nor a Catholic nor a Lutheran nor a Baptist he is Savior of all ....By Grace one baptism of repentance of sins which can only occur when you confess a belief that Christ died for you sins ... If you want to preach a religion denomination doctrine as a condition of salvation and Gods spirit..... please read Swampfoxs post at link http://www.christianityboard.com/showthread.php?p=74822#post74822
I don't see the fruitfulness of discussing this more. I think it might be an argument over semantics. 2 Timothy 2:14. Thus I won't defend my positions about baptism here, but I will explain why I have diagnosed this as semantics.Yes, there is only "one baptism". Quintessially so.In another sense, and in no way contradictory: there are many "types" of "baptisms" in scripture.....examples: baptism of John, baptism of water, baptism of suffering, baptism of repentance (Luke 3:3), baptism of fire, baptism of the Holy Spirit, baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire, the baptism of Moses (1 Corinthians 10:2), Christ's baptism that causes "division" (Luke 12:49-51).... (which is probably Christ's "passion"), Christ's water baptism, the baptism that Paul was not concerned about achieving even while he was preaching the gospel (1 Cor 1:17, "baptism from man", "baptism from heaven", baptism which Elijah or a prophet could do (John 1:25), being baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus without receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:16 contrast with Acts 10:47-48), being baptized into Christ's death (Romans 6:3), baptized by one Spirit into one body (1 Cor 12:13), baptism that saves you "also" (1 Peter 3:21), baptism as a burial, etcHebrews 6:2 "...instruction on baptisms" (plural baptisms) even when laying on of hands, eternal judgement, resurrection are singular (not individual instances, but the single ideas themselves.)I do not believe that this list proves you, or anyone else, wrong. I don't intend to here; I'm not making any arguments in that regard. My point is that because baptism is a deep and beautiful issue, with tons of room for semantic confusion, we can both trust that there is "one Lord, one faith, one baptism" and yet possess different understandings [not that there isn't one Truth].I say this for conscience sake. You don't need to worry about me not trusting Ephesians 4:5, nor I you, and I think it will be best to drop the topic here.I appologize if I was ever unclear about Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit and Spirit, They are one and the same. I don't see where I was unclear, but let me apologize and clear it up now.As far as preaching a denomination, I don't have one. If my views happen to coincide with one denomination or other, you can chide me as you like, but it will become a slippery slope. ;) There are many denominations.
Christina;75053 said:
We are saved by grace upon belief and repentance.
Quite.

Redeemed22

Nov 10, 2009
Citizen of Heaven
Martin W.;75059][B]Redeemed22 [/B]If you are a Christian said:
Redeemed22[/B] , God chose you , just as you are , for reasons he only knows at this time. He has a plan for you. I do not know what it is and for that reason will not give you advice on what you should do at this time.I have enjoyed your posts , your questions , and your enthusiasm , just remember God has a plan for you it will unfold as intended, not always easy , not always recognized by others , but guided just right for you. You are a unique individual who will do things most of us are not capable of. Individual talents within the Church are gifts. We all can benefit.Thanks again for your enthusiasm.Martin W.
Now to run as if to win a prize.... by grace and grace alone.Being a pastor, etc, could never add anything to my salvation, which is the source of relationship with God. I can't make God like me more, or love me more. It is for freedom we are set free. I will live in a manner consistant with my calling. By that, I mean my calling to faith. ;)Thanks, Martin

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I do apoligize if you were not preaching a denomination as it was very simular to some when you start with tongues ...However these are not differnt baptisms but differnt aspects of the ONE baptisim you cant have it both ways and you cant have contradictions ... If you have one its because we are misunderstanding something ... You can't state there are both many baptisims and One baptisim there is one baptism of reptance in the name of the Lord water is the outward sign of the enter repentance of the heart these are all one baptism My point for bringing up the scipture was for some this One baptism may have in the past included the gifts of 1 Cor. but not in our day we are that wicked generation that we are told four times there will be no sign except Jonah Mat 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: Mat 16:4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. We are this last generation as the parable of the fig tree tells us ...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A passion for Jesus, doesnt always include being a pastor etc, if Jesus has a call for you, then you will know for He will tell you Himself, and just becasue He calls you doesnt mean it will happen right away. Becomong a pastor is a huge responsiblity, you are basically assuming the role of Jesus, and so if you lie to anyone the sin becomes greater, for people assume you are teaching the truth, for is it not written' Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. And is it not better to come to know Jesus the man then the bible, which is the greater and which one can save, or is it that you think that you can impress God by your knowledge, we are suppposed to comform to the image of His Son not the image of man.In His Love

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
mjrhealth;75087]A passion for Jesus said:
The meat is the knowledge of Gods Word[/B] and God calls some to be Pastors to help us learn how to cut the meat so to speak so we can fully chew and digest it ... Unfortunately as prophesied many today think the milk is the meat ... or think the knowledge is theirs ... Its not in either case ... Its Gods knowledge there to read for anyone but where are the Pastors who teach us how to cut the meat how to understand it .. They are too busy either claiming their traditions of men are the meat or think the milk will sustain their sheep or claiming its their own knowledge that's right .... Gods word only says one thing not 500 different things ... Where are the sheep that demand to know want to learn the one thing God Word says ? .. They are stuck in the milk lets just be nice to everyone and let everyone have their own beliefs. God never says this ! Men say it .. True we are not to judge ..we are to love the sinner not the sin ..We are also told not to cast pearls before swine.. dust off your feet and leave .. I could go on and on .. No where are we told to just be nice and not boldly preach what scripture says ... Even if it is against what men say ... Are we to do it out of love most certainly ... but love does not mean letting those one loves walk off a cliff rather than speak out because you might offend them .... Where are these Pastors ? Where are these sheep? Amos 8: 10And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day. 11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: our Pastors ? 12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. our sheep ? Mat7: 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mat 22:14For many are called, but few [are] chosen. This includes Pastors and sheep if sheep don't demand a good Pastors they wont get any thats where we are today if being a good Pastor means not just being nice and let everyone have their own beliefs whether its scriptural or not, if being a good pastor means talking against men's traditions, then the sheep don't want them ....lets just live on milk ...Be fore warned Gods says the good news milk will not sustain you. So I say if there are those out there wanting to be real Pastors step up ..If there are those that want to really be led/taught step up demand your Pastors give you real meat... but it wont be taught in most theology schools ... They teach milk... Wisdom only comes from God he will teach you his meat ..and that requires study and shutting out the noise in your ears and closing your eyes to men and traditions.Last but not least God says of these kind of Pastors and sheep Mat 10:22And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. Not just hated by non believers but you will be hated by believers that want to stay in their traditions of men they will hate you for teaching/preaching Gods Word over men's. but he that endureth to the end shall be saved

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, God/ Jesus never mention anybook that is going to be wriitten. Jesus only refers to th Ot , The Torah, for that is what He was taught, the only other book ever given was the book of revelation. But we have being lied to for so long it has being ingrained into our religious beliefs, and i guess people are afraid of offending God. Jesus is the word come in the flesh, just because He is mentioned in the bible does not make the whole bible the word of God, that is a false assumption, and if you really knew God then you would know that the bible says things about God that are completely out of His nature. There is only one head and that is Jesus, we should be under noone else. But like the israelites, when God said I have a King for you, they didnt want what God had to give so they took second best and had a man and look at all the trouble that caused. The disciples where led and taught by the holy spirit, just as Jesus said they would be, bu no, that isnt for us , we prefer to work it all out by ourselves, and if its not in the bible we dont want to know. And since God who is infinite is not bound by any book or law that we should make, makes us limit Him to our conditions, and try to conform Him to what we think He is instead of us conforming to the image of His son.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agree with you 100% Jerry anyone who doesnt belive the Entire Bible is the inspired word of God denys the Fathers own words and already is in big trouble. Any man that thinks he can pick and choose this is right and from God and that is wrong and not from God is surley speaking folly and foolishness First was the word ...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is alive ,' isnt He", or is it my foolishness that I actually believe Him when He says," my sheep hear my voice and will follow no other", or, I stand at the door knocking, if anyman will hear my voice and let me in I will sup with Him and Him with Me', I know Jesus so why do I need the bible, Is it foolishness to have faith in God.In Hids LOve

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christina;75110]True a passion for Jesus doesn said:
The meat is the knowledge of Gods Word[/B] and God calls some to be Pastors to help us learn how to cut the meat so to speak so we can fully chew and digest it ... Unfortunately as prophesied many today think the milk is the meat ... or think the knowledge is theirs ... Its not in either case ... Its Gods knowledge there to read for anyone but where are the Pastors who teach us how to cut the meat how to understand it .. They are too busy either claiming their traditions of men are the meat or think the milk will sustain their sheep or claiming its their own knowledge that's right .... Gods word only says one thing not 500 different things ... Where are the sheep that demand to know want to learn the one thing God Word says ? .. They are stuck in the milk lets just be nice to everyone and let everyone have their own beliefs. God never says this ! Men say it .. True we are not to judge ..we are to love the sinner not the sin ..We are also told not to cast pearls before swine.. dust off your feet and leave .. I could go on and on .. No where are we told to just be nice and not boldly preach what scripture says ... Even if it is against what men say ... Are we to do it out of love most certainly ... but love does not mean letting those one loves walk off a cliff rather than speak out because you might offend them .... Where are these Pastors ? Where are these sheep? Amos 8: 10And I will turn your feasts into mourning' date=' and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day. [B']11[/B]Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: our Pastors ? 12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. our sheep ? Mat7: 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mat 22:14For many are called, but few [are] chosen. This includes Pastors and sheep if sheep don't demand a good Pastors they wont get any thats where we are today if being a good Pastor means not just being nice and let everyone have their own beliefs whether its scriptural or not, if being a good pastor means talking against men's traditions, then the sheep don't want them ....lets just live on milk ...Be fore warned Gods says the good news milk will not sustain you. So I say if there are those out there wanting to be real Pastors step up ..If there are those that want to really be led/taught step up demand your Pastors give you real meat... but it wont be taught in most theology schools ... They teach milk... Wisdom only comes from God he will teach you his meat ..and that requires study and shutting out the noise in your ears and closing your eyes to men and traditions.Last but not least God says of these kind of Pastors and sheep Mat 10:22And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. Not just hated by non believers but you will be hated by believers that want to stay in their traditions of men they will hate you for teaching/preaching Gods Word over men's. but he that endureth to the end shall be saved
mjrhealthreread my post you have exactly the kind of attitude of the sheep Im am talking to here ....If you think Gods Word is all just about the good news of Christ your in trouble what are you going to do when the fake christ comes ? How do you know the differance ... God wrote you a book for a reason its only because you dont know the meat you would even say the things you have you just want easy milk be like Jesus ... Thats a great start but thats all it is a start ... Its like running a race and never leaving the starting line and then saying you win because your at the start line first ... I didnt intend to be insulting to you but I did intend to try to get your attention and wake you up ... God didnt appoint the prophets and inspire them to write down his Words For no reason ... Its you who are lying to yourself not us who is being lied to the price will be yours to pay ...