Senate democrats LOST their majority when one of their own had a stroke!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it is now 49 democrat to 50 republican, and Harris can only create a tie vote.
And notice the attitude of the senate democrats they are in shock that they can no longer do whatever they want. If republicans want they can kill democrat agendas if they stick together.

49-year-old U.S. senator who suffered tragic stroke was fully vaccinated and boosted

The Democrats’ 50-50 majority in the Senate is hanging by a thread after Sen. Ben Ray

Luján (D-N.M.) suffered a stroke not long after getting “vaccinated” and “boosted” for the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19).

When Luján was still in good health, the Democrats led the Senate with fake “vice president” Kamala Harris holding the tiebreaker vote. Now that Luján is potentially on the brink, however, the Democrats are powerless to do anything further unless he returns.

“It’s just a reminder that in a 50-50 Senate, any unexpected development could be a challenge to our moving forward on an agenda that the Democratic caucus shares,” announced Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), adding that he is very optimistic that the 49-year-old Luján will make a full recovery.

Until he does, Democrats will only hold 49 active seats in the Senate plus Harris while the Republicans hold 50. This makes it a dead tie which is probably a good thing to prevent either party from screwing Americans, at least for a little while.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what about this latest choice by Biden for Justice of the Supreme Court, who is easy on pedophiles?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And what about this latest choice by Biden for Justice of the Supreme Court, who is easy on pedophiles?
Susan Collins a republican, said she will vote for that person. What I read is she will get on the SCOTUS.
But technically it will then be 6 conservative to 3 liberal and Kagan has actually shown herself to be more of an originalist, from some commentary I have read.

I still think it is shameful to appoint people like her to be judges of any kind, I also read many of her verdicts have been overturned by higher courts.

I Like Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas a lot more than the others.
Kavanaugh seems a disappointment to me, surprised how he voted on some cases, and not sure about Barret, referring to some covid vax cases and the military.

Current Members

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Susan Collins a republican, said she will vote for that person. What I read is she will get on the SCOTUS.
But technically it will then be 6 conservative to 3 liberal and Kagan has actually shown herself to be more of an originalist, from some commentary I have read.

I still think it is shameful to appoint people like her to be judges of any kind, I also read many of her verdicts have been overturned by higher courts.

I Like Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas a lot more than the others.
Kavanaugh seems a disappointment to me, surprised how he voted on some cases, and not sure about Barret, referring to some covid vax cases and the military.

Current Members
The problem is the Democrats appoint minorities to the Supreme court based on ethnicity and color instead of qualifications and Judicial record.

I agree I also like Clarence Thomas.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, it is interesting that at any time, one of the democrat senators could be incapacitated and the democrat agenda can be thwarted.
Even if only for a time.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it is interesting that at any time, one of the democrat senators could be incapacitated and the democrat agenda can be thwarted.
Even if only for a time.
How can they even consider a Judge who is soft on pedophiles? One of the most heinous crimes.

It's all so he can gain votes, he could care a less about a Judge's court record as long as it brings him votes, I'm sure if he wanted to pick a African-American there are plenty out there that are worthy, but then again Biden does whatever brings him votes from the minorities, look at his pick for VP.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And notice the attitude of the senate democrats they are in shock that they can no longer do whatever they want. If republicans want they can kill democrat agendas if they stick together.

49-year-old U.S. senator who suffered tragic stroke was fully vaccinated and boosted

The Democrats’ 50-50 majority in the Senate is hanging by a thread after Sen. Ben Ray

Luján (D-N.M.) suffered a stroke not long after getting “vaccinated” and “boosted” for the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19).

When Luján was still in good health, the Democrats led the Senate with fake “vice president” Kamala Harris holding the tiebreaker vote. Now that Luján is potentially on the brink, however, the Democrats are powerless to do anything further unless he returns.

“It’s just a reminder that in a 50-50 Senate, any unexpected development could be a challenge to our moving forward on an agenda that the Democratic caucus shares,” announced Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), adding that he is very optimistic that the 49-year-old Luján will make a full recovery.

Until he does, Democrats will only hold 49 active seats in the Senate plus Harris while the Republicans hold 50. This makes it a dead tie which is probably a good thing to prevent either party from screwing Americans, at least for a little while.
Any republican that votes for Ketanji Brown Jackson is a Rino, short and simple.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well Kamala cannot vote when their is no tie. Kamala as president of the Senate can only cast a vote when the Senate is tied! So as of now the Senate has a 50-49 Republican Majority. It will just depend on the laws New Mexico has to replace a senator temporarily.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is the Democrats appoint minorities to the Supreme court based on ethnicity and color instead of qualifications and Judicial record.

I agree I also like Clarence Thomas.

That plus a belief that the constitution is a living document and subject to reinterpretation! They hate what is written for it robs them of the power they seek.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And there is no medical professional or evidence that ties teh shots to his stroke! One does not lead to the other.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In case you're not aware, Senator Ben Ray Lujan has recovered from his stroke and continues to represent the great state of New Mexico.

"Democratic Sen. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico has returned to work full time about one month after suffering a stroke.

He was greeted with a standing ovation from his colleagues, and hugs from some Democratic senators when he arrived at his first in-person committee hearing since his stroke.
"It's an absolute honor to be back," Luján said, at a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on Thursday morning."

source: Ben Ray Luján: New Mexico Democrat back at work about a month after stroke - CNNPolitics