Sent Out As Lambs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ideas Needed:

When Jesus sent out the newly chosen Seventy to enter the Harvest and add to the Workers of the Field of Christ, what Power, or Powers, were they given? Is it possible, that like Christ, they were granted the Power to lift the Curse of Adam and Eve from the Hearts of people?

Luke 10:1-3 KJV - "After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. 2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves."

The Power they had been given was remarkable. Check this out . . .

Luke 10:17-19 KJV - "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

So again, scholars, were these men given the "appointed" Power to Circumcise the hearts of people? Were they like John the Baptist who had been granted a Powerful Baptism that altered the belief system of those he baptized?

Luke 7:28-30 NLT - "I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of God is greater than he is!" When they heard this, all the people--even the tax collectors--agreed that God's way was right, for they had been baptized by John. But the Pharisees and experts in religious law rejected God's plan for them, for they had refused John's baptism."

Ideas are encouraged!