Severe US weather.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Minnesota north central USA 10 in of snow wind chill -31 f on Friday
To day temperatures 6 f. The storm has moved east

Attachments

• 39BF8868-2B96-4A55-9A6F-3FF8BD00F8D3.jpeg
    39BF8868-2B96-4A55-9A6F-3FF8BD00F8D3.jpeg
    800.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not on topic really but, I must comment on how the garments of the saints will be dipped in His blood and be white as snow...working in a lab for 23 years and working with all kinds of blood and many other specimens...Ever wonder how something dipped in blood could be white?? The DNA is in the WHITE CELLS!!! We centrifuge the samples, the red cells end up on the bottom of the tube and the white cells rise to the top and THAT is what is used for many many blood tests...including....DNA!!! :)
Years ago I use to work in the Pathology lab, but only dealing with sorting the specimens - fascinating job xxx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago I use to work in the Pathology lab, but only dealing with sorting the specimens - fascinating job xxx
Oh, I always stopped by the Pathology lab whether I had a specimen for them or not, lol. Yes, very interesting and would turn many folks stomachs :eek:. I found it fascinating and a bit scary too as I was a smoker back then.

Reactions: pompadour

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet you saw allot. The one specimen I remember over all the others was a jaw that had just been removed from a man. He had cancer. He was also on my rounds allot and I remember him "writing" to quit smoking if I was a smoker...that was scary yet I continued to smoke for years after that...not that there weren't MANY attempts to quit. Going on 15 years with no ciggs. now although, I do vape.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I always stopped by the Pathology lab whether I had a specimen for them or not, lol. Yes, very interesting and would turn many folks stomachs :eek:. I found it fascinating and a bit scary too as I was a smoker back then.
I remember it took me awhile to adjust to seeing everything but the first day I went home and my mum had cooked meatballs - couldn’t eat them !!!!!! Lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita, as far as Western Ny is concerned, we have the blizzard warning until tomorrow (Christmas) 7 A.M. It's 12 degrees F. now, and blustery. The drifting has covered one of my fences in back where you cannot even tell I have a separation between my property and the one next door! Yikes...! Can't wait till Spring...
Are you anywhere near Buffalo @Nancy ? There were pictures on our evening news and it looks horrendous.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Minnesota north central USA 10 in of snow wind chill -31 f on Friday
To day temperatures 6 f. The storm has moved east
Oooh, that’s cold enough that you could have tossed a cup of hot water up and had some success in it coming to the ground as snow. I’ve never been in temps where you could do that!

Reactions: pompadour

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen it colder then that in Minnesota, Christmas eve in 1970 The temp was -31 F and the wind chill was -74 F. and that was in the south part of the state. Don't remember what the temp was in the northern part.
Now that is cold for the north pole.

I didn't try the water test then, was to busy trying to stay worm.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace