Severe US weather.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've just seen on our evening news programme a report on the very severe weather in the US. They called it a 'cyclone bomb' and I am hoping that all our US members are doing okay.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"More than half the US population is under winter storm.."
---
Mid-Atlantic Region (where I live).
- cold weather, some rain & windy..

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"More than half the US population is under winter storm.."
---
Mid-Atlantic Region (where I live).
- cold weather, some rain & windy..
Hi Pathfinder, I hope it doesn't get any worse. It showed the storm all the way down from the north as far as Florida, and temps well below freezing. I think it said Chicago was the worse hit, and my pen-pal lives there, so I need to send her an e-mail. Keep safe and warm.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
I live in Georgia, in the southern USA. This is typical weather when I was growing up in the south. When I was in high school this was normal. I remember 16 degrees in Fall during football games. I was in the marching band and remember it well. I remember snow days out of school. It never really stopped. People have short memories. We have had snow shut down the interstates. Its 17 degrees as I'm typing this. I believe in Florida, where many northern transplants live, they will do just fine. Most baby boomers know how to dress and survive without electricity. We all done it before.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just seen on our evening news programme a report on the very severe weather in the US. They called it a 'cyclone bomb' and I am hoping that all our US members are doing okay.
My county and city has banned any travel. It's a total white out, winds will be getting up to 50-70 MPH gusts. The temp will be somewhere south of zero and, no idea what those kind of wind chills will be. Looks like someone painted over all my windows with white paint! Then, every so often, I will get a sense of the shape of the house across the street. yeah, many are shut in for the Christmas holiday.
I so feel for the mid west as, I lived in South Dakota for 4 years and what they will be or have already gotten had to be really bad...not to mention Minnesota!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My county and city has banned any travel. It's a total white out, winds will be getting up to 50-70 MPH gusts. The temp will be somewhere south of zero and, no idea what those kind of wind chills will be. Looks like someone painted over all my windows with white paint! Then, every so often, I will get a sense of the shape of the house across the street. yeah, many are shut in for the Christmas holiday.
I so feel for the mid west as, I lived in South Dakota for 4 years and what they will be or have already gotten had to be really bad...not to mention Minnesota!
Keep warm and safe Nancy and cuddle up to your little dogs. xx

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa…again??
No rain, no snow, here in Maryland, but 10 degrees tonight and very cold through Christmas. And get this - New Year’s Day, 65 degrees here. Lol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa…again??
No rain, no snow, here in Maryland, but 10 degrees tonight and very cold through Christmas. And get this - New Year’s Day, 65 degrees here. Lol.
I'm so ready to run somewhat South!:running:So I can have more time tiptoeing through the tulips :spring: Cause, I gotta tell you, the older I get the less I want to deal with this amount of snow, the ice and the cold :cold:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they know how long this weather ‘ bomb ‘ will last !?
Hi Rita, as far as Western Ny is concerned, we have the blizzard warning until tomorrow (Christmas) 7 A.M. It's 12 degrees F. now, and blustery. The drifting has covered one of my fences in back where you cannot even tell I have a separation between my property and the one next door! Yikes...! Can't wait till Spring...

Reactions: pompadour and Pearl

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Down here in North Georgia its 8 degrees right now at 10 am. Sunny and clear. The wife went out and got donuts this morning. I pray everyone is safe and warm. The LORD blessed me with a new house last year. It has all the latest energy savings. I have no problems keeping the house warm.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rita, as far as Western Ny is concerned, we have the blizzard warning until tomorrow (Christmas) 7 A.M. It's 12 degrees F. now, and blustery. The drifting has covered one of my fences in back where you cannot even tell I have a separation between my property and the one next door! Yikes...! Can't wait till Spring...
Dig in and let the LORD be praised and thanked , FOR HE is with the lambs though it all .
One day all lambs will forever be in their home . A place where the sun shall smite no more . No more sufferings
just a home where all righteousness dwells and where the lambs shall sing as one unto the glorious LORD who saved them .
Now lift those hands and let the LORD be praised .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad I don't live east of the mountains. The weather they get is terrible. Tornados, Hurricanes, Snow storms and cold weather. It's pretty mild here in the Pacific Northwest and that storm just gave us 3" of snow. It turned bad after it went over the mountains. Sorry all that have to deal with it.

Reactions: pompadour and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s sounds awful in some places, it would throw the U.K. completely as we don’t cope with snow very well
Oh Rita, ours is still going, only had about a 20 minute reprieve today. They expect, by me, it will continue on till about 7A.M.
Here's a couple pics of my yard earlier. One is the back 6ft fencing and the other is the side where you cannot even see the 4 ft. fence there. It's the blowing and drifting...the whiteouts and very slippery road conditions that are placing things to quite a dead stop. I pray that emergency vehicles can get through...again, we've seen no plow since it all began and probably won't for a couple days depending.

Attachments

• Back Fence.jpg
    Back Fence.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Side fence DEC 2022.jpg
    Side fence DEC 2022.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 3

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow Nancy- hope you have got enough food in xx
It use to be like that every year when I was growing up and we kind of adapted but then gradually the bad winters stopped and are now quite rare ,so when it happens it throws many people. xxxxx

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Rita, ours is still going, only had about a 20 minute reprieve today. They expect, by me, it will continue on till about 7A.M.
Here's a couple pics of my yard earlier. One is the back 6ft fencing and the other is the side where you cannot even see the 4 ft. fence there. It's the blowing and drifting...the whiteouts and very slippery road conditions that are placing things to quite a dead stop. I pray that emergency vehicles can get through...again, we've seen no plow since it all began and probably won't for a couple days depending.
Sister nancy is buried in the white flakes . Just march onwards in the LORD dear sister .
For by the blood of the lamb we have been washed whiter than snow . Let all praise the glorious King .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow Nancy- hope you have got enough food in xx
It use to be like that every year when I was growing up and we kind of adapted but then gradually the bad winters stopped and are now quite rare ,so when it happens it throws many people. xxxxx
Oh we were all ready, the supermarket shelves were pretty bare even on Wednesday, I don't have much of an appetite anymore but have more than enough food. The snow has kind of insulated the house so, I only have my heat set to 65! It's all good, and thank you for your thoughts sister. I hope Helen and Dave will be warm and safe as well, I mean, c'mon, Alberta Canada!!! Brrrr!
xo!

Reactions: Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister nancy is buried in the white flakes . Just march onwards in the LORD dear sister .
For by the blood of the lamb we have been washed whiter than snow . Let all praise the glorious King .
Not on topic really but, I must comment on how the garments of the saints will be dipped in His blood and be white as snow...working in a lab for 23 years and working with all kinds of blood and many other specimens...Ever wonder how something dipped in blood could be white?? The DNA is in the WHITE CELLS!!! We centrifuge the samples, the red cells end up on the bottom of the tube and the white cells rise to the top and THAT is what is used for many many blood tests...including....DNA!!! :)

Reactions: dev553344