Sex before marring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(treeoflife;57068)
Where is that found? What is that quote?
I was quoting "super's" post.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(tomwebster;57070)
Oh, so it wasn't anything that is actually found in the Word of God. I thought so, but was just making sure.
smile.gif
smile.gif
:study:

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
We have been called by God. We didn't love Him, He first loved us.
1 John 4:13-19 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.Galatians 5:13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.​
It is a gift of God that we have eternal life in Christ. That is His GIFT to us.
John 4:10Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.Acts 8:20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.Ephesians 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
God knows what He is doing by giving us this gift, and is faithful to keep His promise.
Romans 11:29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:John 6:39-40And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.​

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;57083)
(tomwebster;57070)
Oh, so it wasn't anything that is actually found in the Word of God. I thought so, but was just making sure.
progress.gif
Around and around we go and behold we are back to square one.This has nothing to do with God breaking His promises. This has to do with man breaking their covenant with God, in short leaving God for Satan, leaving Truth for a Lie.
rolleyes.gif
... :study:

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
It has to do with people trying to think we earn our salvation, but without actually saying it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;57093)
It has to do with people trying to think we earn our salvation, but without actually saying it.
Can only be received. Turn away from God and believing in a Lie is another thing. One day, you will find out.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;57095)
Turn away from God and believing in a Lie is another thing. One day, you will find out.
Ditto.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
[quote name='treeoflife;57083]Oh' date=' so it wasn't anything that is actually found in the Word of God. I thought so, but was just making sure.QUOTE']Apostasy IS in the Bible, in a number of places and it means to reject Christ, to turn away. We have done this before, we do not agree. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours, so why try. And putting all your words in large print will not make a difference.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(treeoflife;57093)
No, it doesn't have to do with earning salvation, we can't earn salvation. It has to do with receiving the gift, opening it and then giving it back because something else comes along that looks better.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Apostasy IS in the Bible, in a number of places and it means to reject Christ, to turn away. We have done this before, we do not agree. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours, so why try. And putting all your words in large print will not make a difference.
What does apostasy have to do with losing salvation? I don't see them following suit or having anything to do with the other since we have eternal life, and we can't lose our salvation. I wish putting things in large print did make the difference. If it did I'd have you trusting the Lord for His completed work in no time.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tomwebster;57101)
(treeoflife;57083)
Apostasy IS in the Bible, in a number of places and it means to reject Christ, to turn away. We have done this before, we do not agree. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours, so why try. And putting all your words in large print will not make a difference.Thanks Tom for the wonderful and lovely post.
smile.gif
smile.gif
:study:

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
The last word I remember from the Cross is (not) was "it is finished". Never again will Jesus be asked to go back to the Cross to suffer for sins past, present, and future. l John 1:9. Many times I've run across christians who seem to think they are Heaven's police force. Many times my board of directors of OFM would give me a tongue lashing as I would allow men who were in our discipleship program would fall into drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. and I would welcome them back with open arms until the Lord did His work and they got set on the right track. I said to my board "thank God we are not God, we'd all be in trouble.". Remeber God hates sin but loves the sinner.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(pastorlesofm;57116)
The last word I remember from the Cross is (not) was "it is finished". Never again will Jesus be asked to go back to the Cross to suffer for sins past, present, and future. l John 1:9. Many times I've run across christians who seem to think they are Heaven's police force. Many times my board of directors of OFM would give me a tongue lashing as I would allow men who were in our discipleship program would fall into drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. and I would welcome them back with open arms until the Lord did His work and they got set on the right track. I said to my board "thank God we are not God, we'd all be in trouble.". Remeber God hates sin but loves the sinner.
Agreed. People need to stop policing others and realize that we, in Christ, are simply, compeltely, not under the law. We live under grace. Sin is never a matter of salvation for a Christian. It is a matter of fruitfulness... in this life now, and in the life to come. If a person chooses to walk away from the True Vine and not bare fruit, then they will experience unnecessary pain, and will not have the gifts of the Spirit that come. If they want to be poppers in heaven and on Earth, that is their choice. Salvation is not the issue, and it is unwise completely wrong to dangle someone's salvation out in front of someone. It is possible that a conversion was not legit... but only God knows that. I make no judgment on that matter... that is God's call. We aren't called to the ministry of telling other people they aren't saved. EXAMINE YOURSELVES to see if you are in the faith or not... By all means, if someone comes to you and asks for help on this, so be it.We are under grace, and we do not claim, unclaim, or reclaim our salvation with works. He has done the work, it is finished, period, end of story. Salvation can't be lost by works, because it wasn't gained by works. Even many seasoned Christians don't, and may never grasp this for some reason... God knows.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Nobody in this forum are policing anybody anyway. But I can't partake in a doctrine that leads souls astray.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;57156)
Nobody in this forum are policing anybody anyway. But I can't partake in a doctrine that leads souls astray.
The doctrine of the Gospel? The Gospel of eternal security apart from works doesn't lead souls astray. The teaching that we earn our or lose our salvation does that.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;57158)
(thesuperjag;57156)
The doctrine of the Gospel? The Gospel of eternal security apart from works doesn't lead souls astray. The teaching that we earn our or lose our salvation does that.This has nothing to do with earning salvation. I already told you that we can only receive it. This has something to do with receiving the gift, opening it up, and then give it back because the person who receive a gift from someone, HATES it.And no, OSAS, is not one of the gospel's doctrine.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
It's not one of them Gospel's doctine, it *is* the Gospel's docrine. This is the good news, that JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. We have been removed from sin... not just our sins individually, but our state of sin. We are no longer in sin, we are in Christ. Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation.We are not under the law any longer. What did Paul say about it? He said the he would not have known sin without the law. We are a new creation, no longer under the law, but under grace. We know that we are no longer under the law, but under grace, because of Jesus' singular and complete work on the cross for us. If we sin according to the law, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. Regarding our salvation, sin against the law is of no concequence. Anyone who disagrees with this is simply misinformed and misunderstanding, and fights against the Gospel of Grace. I did for a long time before I better understood God's calling and gift in Christ.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Matthew 5:20 - For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven....John 8:37 - I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.John 8:38 - I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.John 8:39 - They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.John 8:40 - But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.John 8:41 - Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.John 8:42 - Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.John 8:43 - Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.John 8:44 - Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it....II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
I know all these, and none of what the Lord has said there has anything to do with losing salvation. That's because concerning the losing of salvation, we are only told that we are eternally secure in Christ, by Christ, because of Christ. We are under grace, saved by grace, not the law, not of works.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Matthew 24:13 - But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.Mark 13:13 - And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.