Sexual Dreams

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for everyone's input.

The reason I call them dirty dreams is because its a sin to have sex with a woman that isn't your wife, and that's what I'm dreaming about, sin, enjoying sin.

I think iv always had such dreams but it hasn't been so regular as it is now. I can't point to any changes in my life to bring it on either. Iv been single for years now and am at peace with it. At least I like to think I'm at peace with it but to be honest I do feel lonely sometimes, I just try to suppress those feelings cos they will only lead to depression.

I don't like to ask God to change His plan for me. What I do ask for is fortitude and strength to overcome adversities.

But like someone else said. It's just a dream. I believe some are spiritual but I also think that most are not. It's just your subconscious, soul or spirit staying active while you sleep I think.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and God bless...
One doesn't have much control over their dreams. You're a guy. Who is concerned about it. Being open like this isn't easy. It shows your sincerity about your walk with the Lord. Who knows...maybe in a year from now, you and I will be talking about our wives.
I've been single a long time, but at least I haven't been punched in the face for a long time. But I know what you mean...I get lonely sometimes too. They have a singles forum on the other site I was at. I knew a married couple who met there. They're happy. With my health the way it is, I don't need a wife, I need a personal support worker! Lol Fortunately, I don't have those dreams anymore...but I'm a lot older than you. You're a good guy...I hope and pray that the Lord will bring someone special into your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These dreams disturb that peace and only make me long for the love of a woman, sexual and otherwise.

At least I like to think I'm at peace with it but to be honest I do feel lonely sometimes, I just try to suppress those feelings cos they will only lead to depression.
Is this how you really feel?

I still recommend that you be honest to God.

[Post script]
The sexual dreams may well be your subconscious saying what you’re not allowing your conscious mind to say - that you really do long for a woman’s companionship.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is this how you really feel?

I still recommend that you be honest to God.

[Post script]
The sexual dreams may well be your subconscious saying what you’re not allowing your conscious mind to say - that you really do long for a woman’s companionship.

I'm honest to God. He knows.

The sexual dreams could mean nothing. They could also be the work of Satan using lust against me.

It's not like I have much of a choice to be single. I'm not closed to the chance of a relationship, one just hasn't come up since last time.

But as I said, I accept Gods will which ever direction it leads. And I'm prepared to live out either outcome. I wasn't prepared to live out the single life after my last relationship. That's when I was at my lowest, still without God. It took me a long time to accept the likelihood that I will remain single for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Lambano

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need a wife. I'm at peace as I am and happy to take what ever Gods sends to me
Yes don't ever rush into marriage believing you have to be married because of age or whatever, then you'll really have problems, if you are to marry it will happen eventually.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sexual dreams could mean nothing. They could also be the work of Satan using lust against me.

It's not like I have much of a choice to be single. I'm not closed to the chance of a relationship, one just hasn't come up since last time.

But as I said, I accept Gods will which ever direction it leads. And I'm prepared to live out either outcome. I wasn't prepared to live out the single life after my last relationship. That's when I was at my lowest, still without God. It took me a long time to accept the likelihood that I will remain single for the rest of my life.
You are a healthy male, it's only natural to have those feelings, don't knock yourself over them, just continue to pray that those feelings don't affect you in anyway that'll lead you to sin, after a while you will become a master a controlling those feelings.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mix - Linda Ronstadt-1977-05-I Never Will Marry YouTube YouTube •

Reactions: APAK and Cristo Rei

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need a wife. I'm at peace as I am and happy to take what ever Gods sends to me
I think it's good, too, to be content to be alone. I think sometimes it is the only fitting answer for the time, and yes, even if you are content alone, you will have moments of loneliness or ... "brain chaos" like this.

But it can also draw you closer to God and fully relying on him, and those things are irreplaceable.

And it actually does help to explore new things and find things you are personally interested in.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Linda, a voice as an angel and Dolly Parton on backup and what a backup.....perfect harmony....and Linda never did marry.
yes APAK....and I think of when we are resurrected our bodies will be as fresh and beautiful as Linda's in her youth.

Reactions: APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is something that is testing you, and you can resist the sinfulness you feel in these dream, and you can order your awake thoughts according to the Lord, and endure the dreams until they cease.

I remember one time I had a sexual dream that so threw me that I was filled with immoral thoughts for the next 2 weeks!

There is a purpose from God in this, and a certain thing He wants to happen in you as a result. What that thing is, I don't now, but He's promised that if you ask you will receive, including the understanding into this.

I had a dream a few nights ago that was so unlike anything I've ever dreamed, so unlike me, I figure I just woke up at the wrong time, and a few minutes later I wouldn't have remembered it. I dreamed a shot a man, my friend, murdering him in cold blood. My dreaming is typically extremely real seeming, and this was no exception! In the dream it seemed I had a reason, but I can't remember what it was.

Dreaming is thought by some to be a look at the brain as it's sorting out the day, and the overall thoughts of the mind, and associating to past memory. Memory Consolidation, they call it.

This is a contrary circumstance, like all the rest, only this one is in your mind, in your sleep, where you can't seem to directly touch it. In prayer, and generally filling your mind with the things of the Lord, that's the part you can do.

Psalms 119:9 KJV
BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Much love!

Reactions: DuckieLady

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think the true meanings of the dreams are...c'mon, let's be honest (not you), sex is great! But we gotta do it God's way for our own benefit. After I put my hand on the hot stove a few times, I learned not to do it. The plan is to get together with someone that you'll spend the rest of your life with so that you won't have to endure having your soul ripped apart from another's when it ends.
"…7‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” - Mark 10:7-9
I've learned that there are times in scripture, depending on the translation, when flesh means flesh and blood, and other times when flesh means soul. Perhaps in this instance, it means both.
If one has mental and/or physical health issues and is going to get married, please make sure that your spouse-to-be understands them. I don't know, it seem that no matter how you go about it, marriage is at best a crap shoot. Don't think it will last because you are a Christian...last I heard, the Christian divorce rate was slightly higher than the non-Christian.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you aren't feasting on lustful music, movies, or any other kind of media, I'd just ask the Lord to help you get rid of the dreams and not worry.

I find that when Satan cannot get me to sin in any other way, he loves to give me wild temptations to make feel dirty.

Being tempted is not the same as sinning.

One thing you might could try is going on YouTube and checking out Peaceful Scriptures for sleep. I always have a peaceful sleep when going to sleep to the Psalms being read or whatever passages are on the video.

Reactions: Truman and marks