Sexual Dreams

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is embarrassing but here it goes...
I have reoccurring sexual dreams...
Almost every night...
It's like I'm being mocked for being single...
I guess it could be worse, I could be having terrifying nightmares but I don't like these dreams. I roll solo and am mentally prepared for that. These dreams disturb that peace and only make me long for the love of a woman, sexual and otherwise.
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
Is God trying to say something?
Is he trying to tell me to try and find a woman to marry and procreate with?
How can I make these dirty dreams go away?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure we have control over dreams Cristo, also, just curious, but why do you call them dirty!?
If you are single you are surely going to have sexual needs and I would have thought it was quite normal, especially for men, to have some kind of reaction to those needs being unfulfilled.
Out of interest, was there something that happened prior to the dreams starting, You said every night , is there a time frame to when they began !?
I guess that I am not the best person to ask, but I admire your openness and hope that many of the brothers on this site can come alongside and offer some input. Rita

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost every night...
I guess it could be worse, I could be having terrifying nightmares but I don't like these dreams. I roll solo and am mentally prepared for that. These dreams disturb that peace and only make me long for the love of a woman, sexual and otherwise.
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
When you get those dreams pray fervently to God that he take away those thoughts.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christianity is not a list of things to avoid. It has to do with what we are to do. An idle mind is the devil's plaything. Study the Word. Look more deeply into a proper understanding of the truth. When you put more effort into seeking the Lord then God helps you with the rest of your life. Seek first the kingdom and ALL other things will line up.

Of course the devil is there too trying to make you feel dirty. Don't take him seriously. Dreams are make-believe. Give that to the Lord. When you walk in the Spirit even your dreams will be in heaven. Continue to press on in seeking the Lord for His strength by investing in deeper seeking. Perhaps a good book on holiness would help.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Almost every night...
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
Perhaps you could try praying before you go to sleep that God will be in control of your dreams and unconscious thoughts.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Almost every night...
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
My only help for the identical 'burden' is God's protection Cristo ....which I ask for daily.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure we have control over dreams Cristo, also, just curious, but why do you call them dirty!?
If you are single you are surely going to have sexual needs and I would have thought it was quite normal, especially for men, to have some kind of reaction to those needs being unfulfilled.
Out of interest, was there something that happened prior to the dreams starting, You said every night , is there a time frame to when they began !?
I guess that I am not the best person to ask, but I admire your openness and hope that many of the brothers on this site can come alongside and offer some input. Rita

Thanks for everyone's input.

The reason I call them dirty dreams is because its a sin to have sex with a woman that isn't your wife, and that's what I'm dreaming about, sin, enjoying sin.

I think iv always had such dreams but it hasn't been so regular as it is now. I can't point to any changes in my life to bring it on either. Iv been single for years now and am at peace with it. At least I like to think I'm at peace with it but to be honest I do feel lonely sometimes, I just try to suppress those feelings cos they will only lead to depression.

I don't like to ask God to change His plan for me. What I do ask for is fortitude and strength to overcome adversities.

But like someone else said. It's just a dream. I believe some are spiritual but I also think that most are not. It's just your subconscious, soul or spirit staying active while you sleep I think.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and God bless...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You might as well be honest and ask God for what you want. He already knows anyway.

What if it's his way of testing me?
What if it's part of His plan for me?
Who am I to ask Him to change His plan?
I'm just a microbe, a speck of dust compared to God.
That's why I don't like asking Him to change His plan just for me. I'd rather carry the cross

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know the single life is God's plan? As Paul said, better to marry than burn.

I didn't say single life was Gods plan for me.
I'm not sure what His plan for me is.
Burning is an overstatement but lol.
I'm not burning

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost every night...
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
I get what you're going through and I honestly think there's a huge chance from reading this, that you may be a human being with natural biological stuff.

Anyway when stuff like this was happening to me it was emotionally charged and extremely unhealthy for me on an emotional level, so I avoided it entirely, even disconnected from the internet for a year, and did every new hobby imaginable.

And when they come up now, I pray God just takes things I don't need away and eventually,
I learned to successfully become a robot and program myself to detach entirely until it is safe.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if it's his way of testing me?
What if it's part of His plan for me?
Who am I to ask Him to change His plan?
I'm just a microbe, a speck of dust compared to God.
That's why I don't like asking Him to change His plan just for me. I'd rather carry the cross
Huh? Whatever happens in your life IS “God’s plan”, period. What you want is for your desires to align with God’s desires. How do you know what God desires? What if He desires for you to trust Him enough to ask for what you want? Ask. Seek. Knock.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure that’s healthy? Maybe safe, but it doesn’t sound healthy.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it, but it was more unhealthy with being alone and all that.

Cause it's kind of tormenting just a little bit - especially on an emotional level. It's like a mirage in a desert while you're like Spongebob on dry land.

summer-water-spongebob-squarepants.gif

Basically I rely on God now

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Glad to hear that bro. Dont want that van of yours steaming up too much, could create a condemnation... Sorry... Condensation issue.
well, the oft repeated rhetoric here is 'burn baby burn' ie, with hell fire and condemnation. Not much hope for a condom nation o_O

Reactions: Lambano

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's why I don't like asking Him to change His plan just for me.
KJV Luke 11:5-13
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

What is Jesus saying here? He's saying that if earthly fathers know how to love their children, how much more your heavenly Father? When you're visitor has a need, and you can't meet that need, you go to a friend. The friend response favorably because of the need. Not because your a friend. Same
With God. God responds to our prayers, even on behalf of others, not because we are Good friend or even His children, but because we need His help. This isn't only about the holy Spirit either. He knows how many hairs on our head and He knows we need to rest and eat and sleep and survive. And He has promised to provide for all our needs. Now, you may need a wife. I don't know. It seems you don't know either, because you say 'it may be a test'. Maybe it is. Maybe not. But I suggest you pay and ask God what is going on, and if He thinks you will be better off with a partner, (it was Jesus'who said man cannot live by bread alone... And it is not good for man to be alone) then make yourself available for Him to work for you and find someone for you. He did that for me. And I've no regrets.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost every night...
Is God testing me?
Is Satan mocking me?
When are the engagement, bachelor and wedding parties? I might be able to make one of them...lol
There are lots of decent, Christian, Christ loving, sheilas (not trying to be degrading here) in Tassie. I can see you married with a couple of sweet kids crying Daddy....it's a plan then....?

And I would not consider these dreams 'dirty'...every man and woman have natural desires that I believe are 'normal' from the time of adulthood to even at retirement age and beyond, especially if they are single, or when their married spouse has serious issues now for years and these feeling are being constantly suppressed...etc.

It's a delicate and personal subject indeed. Go to God and pray for some serious guidance, many times. And meantime check out a possible future date before and after church services, at the library, the cafes, colleges, the parks, grocery stores/shops... for a bit of chemistry to happen with a spark of love.

All the best Cristo from someone that is also roughly 'human' and 'normal' as you are...lol

Bless you for wanting to share this very personal subject with others. You wear your heart out so innocently for all to see....it is a rare trait.