Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man-made Trinity theory holds that God is three co-eternal persons ... that the Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Father.

Trinity - simply means
Tri- 3
Unity- united

Is One God.

I believe The Lord God Almighty Is The One Creator and Maker.

While I do NOT believe anyone has A Copyright on the WORD, Trinity, to Dictate, and Imply with a sketch, what Trinity, does not mean.

The Sketch:
Devised centuries ago by Catholics.
Called a "Banner",
Called the "Shield" OF THE Trinity.
Explained in the terms OF MAKING God multiple "persons".

I do believe Scripture reveals multiple facets OF God, and Scripture itself lands on the Highlights...
OF Gods Word- Lord
OF Gods Will- God
OF Gods Power- Almighty

I believe a person is:
A HUMAN Being, created and Made By the One Lord God Almighty.

I do NOT believe the Lord God Almighy IS:
A person.

Point being:
I believe the Lord God Almighty IS appropriately called "A" TRINITY:
Three United IS ONE Lord God Almighty.

I do NOT Believe IN the man-made:
Doctrine of the "Trinity Shield" or its Teaching of God is Persons;
And what God is Not.

The Big Picture IS The Whole of Gods...
Will- Word- Power ... IS ALWAYS in Agreement,

Mankind's Own Individual - will- word- power
IS NOT always in Agreement.

The WHOLE of Scripture IS: about Teaching mankind...God has Offered A WAY for mankind, through God, with God, by God, for an individual TO become MADE Wholly in Agreement WITHIN Himself...according to Gods WAY...
MAKING;
The man's will- word- power IN the Likeness of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. 13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together. 14 "All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; He shall do His pleasure on Babylon, And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; Yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."

Jesus is God of the Bible!

Let's take a deep look at this, and expand the view...

Isaiah 44:24 "...I am the LORD (all caps) that maketh ALL THINGS; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;" (The first person of the trinity did it alone and by himself).

Isaiah 43:10-11 " ... that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD (all caps); and beside me there is no saviour." (The first person of the trinity is the first and only God and there is no saviour at His side or in His presence).

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD (all caps) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (all caps) hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (the first person of the trinity and the second <or third> person of the trinity <if they assert that two are speaking here> are both claiming to be the first and the last with no God standing beside Him or in His presence.)

Isaiah 44:8 "...Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." (I don't know to which person the trinitarians give credit for this statement, but ever which one it is, He doesn't know another God/Deity.)

Isaiah 45:5-6 "I am the LORD (all caps), and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me; That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me, I am the LORD (all caps), and there is none else. (The first person of the trinity does not acknowledge the second or third person whatsoever.)

Isaiah 45:21 "...have not I the LORD (all caps)? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." (The first person of the trinity still does not acknowledge the second or third person).

Where are the Trinitarins' "THREE PERSONS" of God in any of the scriptures above???

God Bless!

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?

You just admitted that Jesus is God.
Of course he is...by default.

You would be too if you were made onmipresent by your God, then all of your God fully indwelled your body with all of His being, then ran His creation THROUGH you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Question: do you believe that all of God is not inside Christ, bodily?

Please answer.

#1....every bit of what God consists of in the omnipresent body of Jesus?

#2....only the qualities of God?

Pick one, thanks.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay then, do you believe that the body of Jesus is only man sized and only the fullness of the "qualities' of God are inside Jesus' body?

Man size? Jesus body was not particularly tall.

Qualities? What specifically?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take a deep look at this, and expand the view...

Isaiah 44:24 "...I am the LORD (all caps) that maketh ALL THINGS; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;" (The first person of the trinity did it alone and by himself).

Isaiah 43:10-11 " ... that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD (all caps); and beside me there is no saviour." (The first person of the trinity is the first and only God and there is no saviour at His side or in His presence).

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD (all caps) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (all caps) hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (the first person of the trinity and the second <or third> person of the trinity <if they assert that two are speaking here> are both claiming to be the first and the last with no God standing beside Him or in His presence.)

Isaiah 44:8 "...Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." (I don't know to which person the trinitarians give credit for this statement, but ever which one it is, He doesn't know another God/Deity.)

Isaiah 45:5-6 "I am the LORD (all caps), and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me; That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me, I am the LORD (all caps), and there is none else. (The first person of the trinity does not acknowledge the second or third person whatsoever.)

Isaiah 45:21 "...have not I the LORD (all caps)? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." (The first person of the trinity still does not acknowledge the second or third person).

Where are the Trinitarins' "THREE PERSONS" of God in any of the scriptures above???

God Bless!
I've been looking at it for years. It agrees with the rest of the Bible. Jesus is God the Creator.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: do you believe that all of God is not inside Christ, bodily?

Please answer.

#1....every bit of what God consists of in the omnipresent body of Jesus?

#2....only the qualities of God?

Pick one, thanks.
If you reject the Bible why would I expect you to believe me?

Colossians 2

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man size? Jesus body was not particularly tall.

Qualities? What specifically?
So, you think Col 2:9 REALLY says this?...

"For in his small body dwells all the fullness of God's qualities only".

Far cry from this...

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you reject the Bible why would I expect you to believe me?

Colossians 2
I really am interested in your answer.

I am yet to find any Christian that believes that every bit of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus per the verse.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am yet to find any Christian that believes that every bit of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus per the verse.
Since the Bible plainly says that Jesus is God, what exactly is your problem? UNBELIEF?

Emma Kim

Aug 13, 2020
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Scoot @Truther
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
I think before we go to any of this verse, we need to understand the meaning of "Word" and "God" first.

The God that we know is the one and only true God the creator (As proven in Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth)
There are 3 distinctive characteristics of God:
1. Creator (Gen 1:1 it means God can create anything. Whenever he said something, he has the power to create, not just merely the physical things, but also everything that he promise. Is 14:24 Whenever God makes a promise, he always fulfill, and he never fail to fulfill)
2. Self Existence (Ex 3:14 I am who I am, that means God is the origin of everything. God is the beginning of everything and no one create God. Why does God introduce himself this way? Because unlike us, we have our ancestors and we come from someone, but God is the origin.
3. God is Spirit (Jn 4:24 that means God exist in spiritual form and we can't see God, because he exist in Spirit)

To understand John 1:1, we have to understand what is the Word?
Since God exist in spirit, the way we can know God is through the word, because God describe himself and all of his story inside this Word - He identify himself as the word, but also God doesn't just include his story inside this Word.
The contents inside this Word (Bible): there's History, Instruction, Prophecy and Fulfillment.
Before the book of John (4 gospel in NT), then if we see the 39 books of the Old Testaments: there's contents of History, Instruction, Prophecy and Fulfillment.
History & instruction - we can simply just read it and understand it
Prophecy - Prophecy means a promise, it's talking about God's promise that will happen in the future.
Fulfillment - Reality or facts that happen according to what has been promised.

in the OT, then what is the Word? Not just History, Instruction but God also made a promise in the OT.
God actually promised to send His Son (Saviour - Jesus Christ) to save in the First Coming.
Therefore, in Lk 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

That means God made a promise in the OT (which is to send Jesus the Messiah) and it has been fulfilled in the First Coming.
Hence in John 1:1 When it says The word is God,
This means God he describes everything about himself including His promise inside this Word (promise about Son of God, Jesus),
and He fulfilled his promise because Jesus came in the First Coming according to the promise that God has made.
Therefore in John 1:14, it says that the Word becomes Flesh -> This means that God's promise has become reality (Promise about Son of God, Saviour -> appear as reality and fulfillment according to the promises that is recorded inside this Word)

I hope this explanation help to understand what is the meaning of John 1:1, John 1:14
I'm sorry for lack of explanation, but let's grow our knowledge through this word so that we can become more closer to God and His words :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a weird thing for you to think and say.

In fact, this is what theologians think, but avoid saying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible plainly says that Jesus is God, what exactly is your problem? UNBELIEF?
You deflect.

You teach Col 2:9 is "really" saying this...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Scoot @Truther
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
I think before we go to any of this verse, we need to understand the meaning of "Word" and "God" first.

The God that we know is the one and only true God the creator (As proven in Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth)
There are 3 distinctive characteristics of God:
1. Creator (Gen 1:1 it means God can create anything. Whenever he said something, he has the power to create, not just merely the physical things, but also everything that he promise. Is 14:24 Whenever God makes a promise, he always fulfill, and he never fail to fulfill)
2. Self Existence (Ex 3:14 I am who I am, that means God is the origin of everything. God is the beginning of everything and no one create God. Why does God introduce himself this way? Because unlike us, we have our ancestors and we come from someone, but God is the origin.
3. God is Spirit (Jn 4:24 that means God exist in spiritual form and we can't see God, because he exist in Spirit)

To understand John 1:1, we have to understand what is the Word?
Since God exist in spirit, the way we can know God is through the word, because God describe himself and all of his story inside this Word - He identify himself as the word, but also God doesn't just include his story inside this Word.
The contents inside this Word (Bible): there's History, Instruction, Prophecy and Fulfillment.
Before the book of John (4 gospel in NT), then if we see the 39 books of the Old Testaments: there's contents of History, Instruction, Prophecy and Fulfillment.
History & instruction - we can simply just read it and understand it
Prophecy - Prophecy means a promise, it's talking about God's promise that will happen in the future.
Fulfillment - Reality or facts that happen according to what has been promised.

in the OT, then what is the Word? Not just History, Instruction but God also made a promise in the OT.
God actually promised to send His Son (Saviour - Jesus Christ) to save in the First Coming.
Therefore, in Lk 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

That means God made a promise in the OT (which is to send Jesus the Messiah) and it has been fulfilled in the First Coming.
Hence in John 1:1 When it says The word is God,
This means God he describes everything about himself including His promise inside this Word (promise about Son of God, Jesus),
and He fulfilled his promise because Jesus came in the First Coming according to the promise that God has made.
Therefore in John 1:14, it says that the Word becomes Flesh -> This means that God's promise has become reality (Promise about Son of God, Saviour -> appear as reality and fulfillment according to the promises that is recorded inside this Word)

I hope this explanation help to understand what is the meaning of John 1:1, John 1:14
I'm sorry for lack of explanation, but let's grow our knowledge through this word so that we can become more closer to God and His words :)
Hi there. Welcome to the thread.

My position is that the word of God is the SPOKEN word of God per John 1.

That is it.

God spoke in verse 3(per Gen 1) and everything that exists, exists.

God then spoke in verse 14(per Matt 1), and Jesus began his existence.

Man has made this simple process into another person of God, maned "the word".(Which is not what John 1 is saying).

Your word is you and with you, and not another person also.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you think Col 2:9 REALLY says this?...

Far cry from this...

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
1 Corinthians 2
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.