Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was made a spirit body after resurrecting....

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Did you have some JW or SDA influence on your beliefs?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts church only embraced this...

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
Acts 2:16-21

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The falling away occurred immediately after the Apostles left a congregation or died. False teachers subverted them immediately. The endless commentary was born.
I think you are just making this stuff up.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God would know that. Do you believe you're God?
No silly, I am a thinker.

Try it...think outside the box when reading scripture and when it does not seem to say what you have been taught.

I did, and now I am free to read it....I was a oneness teacher, mind you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
Acts 2:16-21
Right...2, not 3.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are just making this stuff up.
If we become "sola scriptura", we cannot be duped....

Sola scriptura (by scripture alone in English) is a theological doctrine held by some Protestant Christian denominations that the Christian scriptures are the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY God would know that.
Here is what I mean...

Stare at this and think like a new convert that has picked up a Bible for the 1st time....

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Now, do you read it that Jesus simply has a God?

Why don't we talk about Jesus' God anymore?

We "matured"....ick.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just figured you out.

You are un-sola scriptura. de-sola scriptura. anti-sola scriptura.

C'mon man!
I'm just a Bible believer "man". I'm trying to figure out if you're JW, SDA, Muslim? Do you even know?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sola scriptura (by scripture alone in English) is a theological doctrine held by some Protestant Christian denominations that the Christian scriptures are the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.
Hi Truther,

Using Scripture alone please tell me what books are supposed to be in Scripture.

All Protestant denominations disagree with each other even though they all allegedly practice sola Scriptura. How can that happen if Scripture alone is the “the sole infallible source of authority”? Can you give me a list of which denominations have NOT been duped”?

Curious Mary

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was made a spirit body after resurrecting....

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Wow, such warping of scripture! Those verses don't say what you claim. Remember Thomas? Jesus has a physical body.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only you aren't following scripture, you are following false teachings about what scripture actually says.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just a Bible believer "man". I'm trying to figure out if you're JW, SDA, Muslim? Do you even know?
I was kidding about the "C'mon man" thing(Biden...lol) I have him saying that on my screen saver.

I am assimilating myself with the church that started in Acts 2 only these days.

I was raised RCC and became oneness and taught it for nearly 40 years.

I just got tired of ducking particular verses, primarily John's writings and did a reset of my beliefs.

It was interesting to say the least to find out how out of step I was, while teaching some of theses denominal doctrines.

I found myself biased and defensive of particular doctrines I could not prove.

I did a reboot on several doctrines over the recent years, not just theology.

I can say this though, I do not feel strange saying "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ...etc" anymore.

This thread OP is based on my personal experience...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, such warping of scripture! Those verses don't say what you claim. Remember Thomas? Jesus has a physical body.
Yes he did.
Is that the same body that every eye shall see in the clouds and that John saw in Rev 1?
Is that the same body of Christ that knocked Paul down?

Fact is, Jesus can appear in any form, anywhere at any time.

Folks that distort Col 2:9 disagree vehemently with this.

A little man with all power of heaven and earth...I think not.