Share What is on Your Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share What is in Your Heart
Mayflower

I read a wise thought from someone yesterday that really encouraged me. She said, "if God has given us assurance in any form be it in thought or word, we should not shrink from telling others, but be prepared, if it be His will, to make it known." She was referencing this after what God told Moses In Exodus 4:10-12- 'And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?' Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.'

Here of course, Moses was a chosen prophet of God, but this applies to all Christians. We are chosen for a purpose. God made us and loves us. He gave us Holy Spirit to teach us and comfort us just like with Moses. He has promised never to leave or forsake us. Many times it is easy to compare ourselves to other Christians. I have often waited for someone "older and wiser" to share their insights into scripture or offer counsel to another person. And when I do speak up sometimes, I feel I look for the validation of another person to have confidence that what I am saying is good and right. Brothers and sister, God has laid this on my heart. "You do not need his or her validation. You need My validation."

We need to encourage ourselves and others with Jesus' Words. God gives us testimonies, spiritual gifts, and spiritual insights that we need to not hide under a bushel. After being hidden so long, the light starts to fade and go out. When we share our flame for God, it feeds the flame. We learn when we share with others. We are vulnerable, but there is good cause. We do not need any other validation of what to speak or do, but we do need Holy Spirit's validation. The little tongue is talked about a lot in God's Word. We should always speak and post prayerfully and carefully, and we should always speak with God and others in mind rather then ourselves. But...Let us not shrink back from telling others about Jesus Christ and what He puts on our hearts. Our words and actions can make a difference for others and for God's kingdom no matter how big or small. God bless ya'll!

(Thank you @charity for your wise words and for letting me use them. It really inspired me) :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My heart is full of my family today as we meeting for a celebration Sunday lunch for my 80th birthday. I was thinking of my children and how many other people have descended from me. And then I read Job 5:17-27 and certain verses just jumped out at me as being relevant to the thoughts I was having and the prayers I was praying. And also - although I already knew it in my mind - I suddenly realised in my spirit that Job's God is my God; David's God is my God. And that passage spoke to me at a number of different levels - praise God for his timely words to our hearts.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My heart is full of my family today as we meeting for a celebration Sunday lunch for my 80th birthday. I was thinking of my children and how many other people have descended from me. And then I read Job 5:17-27 and certain verses just jumped out at me as being relevant to the thoughts I was having and the prayers I was praying. And also - although I already knew it in my mind - I suddenly realised in my spirit that Job's God is my God; David's God is my God. And that passage spoke to me at a number of different levels - praise God for his timely words to our hearts.
@Pearl Hoping you have a lovely day with the family on Sunday.... :)

EBENEZER: 1 Samuel 7.12: 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us...'

Reactions: marks and Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Share What is in Your Heart
Mayflower

I read a wise thought from someone yesterday that really encouraged me. She said, "if God has given us assurance in any form be it in thought or word, we should not shrink from telling others, but be prepared, if it be His will, to make it known." She was referencing this after what God told Moses In Exodus 4:10-12- 'And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?' Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.'

Here of course, Moses was a chosen prophet of God, but this applies to all Christians. We are chosen for a purpose. God made us and loves us. He gave us Holy Spirit to teach us and comfort us just like with Moses. He has promised never to leave or forsake us. Many times it is easy to compare ourselves to other Christians. I have often waited for someone "older and wiser" to share their insights into scripture or offer counsel to another person. And when I do speak up sometimes, I feel I look for the validation of another person to have confidence that what I am saying is good and right. Brothers and sister, God has laid this on my heart. "You do not need his or her validation. You need My validation."

We need to encourage ourselves and others with Jesus' Words. God gives us testimonies, spiritual gifts, and spiritual insights that we need to not hide under a bushel. After being hidden so long, the light starts to fade and go out. When we share our flame for God, it feeds the flame. We learn when we share with others. We are vulnerable, but there is good cause. We do not need any other validation of what to speak or do, but we do need Holy Spirit's validation. The little tongue is talked about a lot in God's Word. We should always speak and post prayerfully and carefully, and we should always speak with God and others in mind rather then ourselves. But...Let us not shrink back from telling others about Jesus Christ and what He puts on our hearts. Our words and actions can make a difference for others and for God's kingdom no matter how big or small. God bless ya'll!

(Thank you @charity for your wise words and for letting me use them. It really inspired me) :)
@Mayflower Reminds me of 1 Samuel 30.6: "...David encouraged himself in the Lord his God."

Reactions: marks and Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really want to say @Mayflower that I praise God that he is using you. I can see lately that you have been growing spiritually and speaking from the spirit.

It is awesome and it makes me really happy.

(I wanted to say that when I first read it, but I have difficulty expressing valid emotions and hide them.)

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really want to say @Mayflower that I praise God that he is using you. I can see lately that you have been growing spiritually and speaking from the spirit.

It is awesome and it makes me really happy.

(I wanted to say that when I first read it, but I have difficulty expressing valid emotions and hide them.)

Just as others on this forum can see your spiritual growth.

Shalom