Should a Christian Fear Death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did we get from
"I came that you might have life, and more abundantly"
to "I can't wait to die, and 'go to heaven'?"

You would sometimes hear this from people full of the spirit who are just tired of the daily evil, suffering and toil of this life that they know will bring them nothing but a box to live in called a house and a pension check. They have come to a point in their life where they have seen what this world has to offer, which is NOTHING, and they want it to end now, and so do I. I'm not saying that I want to die now, but if that day were to come, I most certainly won't miss this hell hole. I would consider bringing children into this world a disservice to them, because the direction that it is headed is in the toilet.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You would sometimes hear this from people full of the spirit who are just tired of the daily evil, suffering and toil of this life that they know will bring them nothing but a box to live in called a house and a pension check. They have come to a point in their life where they have seen what this world has to offer, which is NOTHING, and they want it to end now, and so do I. I'm not saying that I want to die now, but if that day were to come, I most certainly won't miss this hell hole. I would consider bringing children into this world a disservice to them, because the direction that it is headed is in the toilet.
we live in a miracle, and we in particular--us developed-world people--are the most pampered people that the world has ever produced. Any article you need you can buy and have delivered without leaving your home, and any question you have is a click away from an answer.

where the rest of the world might have 100 things to be thankful for, you surely have 1000, D, wouldn't you say?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we live in a miracle, and we in particular--us developed-world people--are the most pampered people that the world has ever produced. Any article you need you can buy and have delivered without leaving your home, and any question you have is a click away from an answer.

where the rest of the world might have 100 things to be thankful for, you surely have 1000, D, wouldn't you say?

Nope, I'm thankful that I'm saved by the blood atonement of Jesus Christ when it comes down to it. All the conveniences of life has its consequences. The world at large, "developed" or not is becoming more complacent, docile and dependent on a system with the advent of technology. While its great to have, I'm sure this in of itself is the work of the Devil as well. The more things you are 'thankful' for in this world, the less likely you'll bite the hands that feed you. You can be destroyed by your love of the abundance of toys you have at your disposal.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The Kingdom is either undiscovered within the Pharisees, or the weeds of 'correct doctrine at the expense of people' is strangling it out

'undiscovered'?

So you are saying the Pharisees had the kingdom of God in them? Those who are of the devil have the kingdom of God in them? (John 8:41-44)

Stranger

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'undiscovered'?

So you are saying the Pharisees had the kingdom of God in them? Those who are of the devil have the kingdom of God in them? (John 8:41-44)

Stranger

God desires everyone to be saved. Jesus is knocking on everyone's door, even if the door remains unanswered

Reactions: Sword

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God desires everyone to be saved. Jesus is knocking on everyone's door, even if the door remains unanswered

I can desire to be the richest black man on the planet, it doesn't mean its gonna happen. Its God's desire that every soul come to repentance and be saved, but most simply won't. We are in a war, and in a war, there are casualties. You can either suck it up, wipe the dust off your feet and mush on, or you can weep like a little girl over someone that may never change.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can desire to be the richest black man on the planet, it doesn't mean its gonna happen. Its God's desire that every soul come to repentance and be saved, but most simply won't. We are in a war, and in a war, there are casualties. You can either suck it up and mush on, or weep like a little girl over someone that may never change.

Nothing wrong with weeping; in fact it's an expression of empathy, which is key to loving unconditionally (Gods will).

That being said; my post involved no weeping over lost souls.

War? If God is for us, who is against us?

Finally, do you think God sacrificed His Son for a losing cause?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with weeping; in fact it's an expression of empathy, which is key to loving unconditionally (Gods will).

That being said; my post involved no weeping over lost souls.

War? If God is for us, who is against us?

Finally, do you think God sacrificed His Son for a losing cause?

The one who is against God is also against us, that's why he is called the adversary. He's looking to devour as many souls as possible before the day of reckoning, and he will certainly have plenty of company in the fire. Where did I say his sacrifice was a losing cause?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the toothless lion? Satan is a warning against refusing to overthrow the false Self.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry, but what does that have to do with the kingdom of God being within someone?

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but what does that have to do with the kingdom of God being within someone?

Stranger

Still no answer? Well hell, I'm still waiting on the scripture saying that Satan is like a roaring Lion seeking who he may devour..........."toothless". :rolleyes:

The total lack of respect for the enemy is one thing that defines what it means to be luke warm.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no answer? Well hell, I'm still waiting on the scripture saying that Satan is like a roaring Lion seeking who he may devour..........."toothless". :rolleyes:

The total lack of respect for the enemy is one thing that defines what it means to be luke warm.

Some people work, friend.

An overblown, demon-behind-every-bush mentality evades personal responsibility for sin and teaches people to live in fear rather than love others. You sure have a powerful view of the devil - do you actually believe he can challenge God? Not sure why so many Christians focus more on the devil than God - it's as if they have a personal relationship with him - ridiculous!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger

About as much as you questions have to do with the OP, Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people work, friend.

An overblown, demon-behind-every-bush mentality evades personal responsibility for sin and teaches people to live in fear rather than love others. You sure have a powerful view of the devil - do you actually believe he can challenge God? Not sure why so many Christians focus more on the devil than God - it's as if they have a personal relationship with him - ridiculous!

"Do you actually believe he can challenge God"

Well yes, he's been challenging God since the Garden of Eden. Iniquity started with Satan, but we already know his eventual end which is the Lake of Fire. There are lots more scum bags where he came from. You seem intent on believing that he'll be alone. A little respect for the enemies ability to deceive would suffice, lest you are one of those elect who believe they can't be deceived.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Do you actually believe he can challenge God"

Well yes, he's been challenging God since the Garden of Eden. Iniquity started with Satan, but we already know his eventual end which is the Lake of Fire. There are lots more scum bags where he came from. You seem intent on believing that he'll be alone. A little respect for the enemies ability to deceive would suffice, lest you are one of those elect who believe they can't be deceived.

Your image of the Devil is way too powerful. You are preaching dualism, not Christianity

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our false self is our enemy

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your image of the Devil is way too powerful. You are preaching dualism, not Christianity

Well, I'm not preaching, I'm simply citing scripture, got no idea what this "dualism" crap is about.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About as much as you questions have to do with the OP, Stranger

My question was in response to your statement in your post #18. So, reread my post #51. Then again I ask, what does your answer have to do with the kingdom of God being in someone.

In other words, you started it.

Stranger