Should a Full-Time Pastor Work?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
This is because you're in Nigeria, LoL. Come to the States and you'll see in action, continually... or do you mean successfully, like in a proper way.

I agree.

Yes, and this is yet another temptation that shouldn't be there. I see this with some people here. They want to branch off and start their own church, but the motive is only partly to serve God. Secretly they want to mooch off His people without having to work for a living anymore.

Good points.

Quite alright. We disagree there, but out of curiosity why do you think it is unwise to let everyone know?

Well, members may misunderstand things and may react inappropriately. Hence, I am of the opinion that such matters be left to the church council.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, members may misunderstand things and may react inappropriately. Hence, I am of the opinion that such matters be left to the church council.

Ok. We differ here, but I certainly respect your decision if that's what you were certain the Lord was telling you to do.

But just bear in mind, I have a pastor friend who felt the same way, and although he is a very gifted man of God, he has seen his church split time after time and time primarily over financial issues, because many developed a mistrust for him and his wife. I don't see that changing anytime soon, and it is a bit of a sad thing, because he has lost so many good people and has had to take steps farther and farther backward instead of moving forward.

Anyway, to each his own. I only wish to see His people prosper and not suffer setbacks.