Should the books of the bible been more like 77?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and for the record, the definition of abuse is
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

I have not abused you.

And by those standards, I have not abused you.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I recognized the Scripture. But you didn't quote the Scripture and, with what you actually wrote, you questioned my salvation. You said someday I may be saved. That's not what the verse says.

And I explained ALREADY that is NOT what I meant. Now you are just being a baby.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What parts of the Bible do you reject as inspired?

Nothing wrong being against abortion. But a writings stand on abortion doesn't make it inspired by God.

Stranger

LOL You are funny in your reasoning. Just because I would like to add a book that I truly think is missing, you think I want to subtract a book. I'm not saying I would like to replace a book. I want them all, not less.

That being said, shouldn't a book of the Bible be completely inspired by God, and His words, word-for-word? They are infallible. So why does Paul give his own opinion that he claims is not from God, for us to make doctrine out of as if it is directly from God?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So why does Paul give his own opinion that he claims is not from God, for us to make doctrine out of as if it is directly from God?
That's called apostolic authority. Paul's opinions while writing his epistles would also be deemed to be inspired. And Peter tells us that in so many words. So for all practical purposes, the epistles are the Word of God. BELIEVE IT.

Reactions: Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, and if Jesus wasn't abusive when he called them vipers, then I have not been abusive either. Thanks for admitting it.

You are bearing false witness against me when you call me a false teacher. Look to yourself who is a viper.

At least I teach scripture; you just say I am a false teacher and call people names like a schoolyard bully, but NEVER give contradicting scripture as if you knew any. You don't even recognize a scripture when I use the truth of it in writing.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness against me when you call me a false teacher
If you teach things that are not according to Scripture you are a false teacher. That's not bearing false witness.

At least I teach scripture; you just say I am a false teacher and call people names like a schoolyard bully, but NEVER give contradicting scripture as if you knew any.
Now who is bearing false witness? I DO give Scripture and you know it because you have argued against the Scriptures I post.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you teach things that are not according to Scripture you are a false teacher. That's not bearing false witness.

Now who is bearing false witness? I DO give Scripture and you know it because you have argued against the Scriptures I post.

Go ahead, give me a scripture that you think I do not agree with. Stop playing teacher, and be one. Lets see if all your bragging and showing yourself in pictures actually means anything.

I'll be back later to see what nonsensical interpretation you come up with.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead, give me a scripture that you think I do not agree with. Stop playing teacher, and be one. Lets see if all your bragging and showing yourself in pictures actually means anything.

I'll be back later to see what nonsensical interpretation you come up with.
I've already done it in other posts, just pointing out your false witness. Willful false witness by the way...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already done it in other posts, just pointing out your false witness. Willful false witness by the way...

I rest my case. I knew you couldn't do it, but I thought 'I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.' It is not that you won't meet my challenge, it is that you can't. When you don't agree or know something you should, you don't supply additional information to actually debate; no, you just throw out "FALSE TEACHER" as if you think diversion tactics and calling people names will make people not see how uninformed you really are.

So fine. I actually know what I'm talking about and know the true meaning of 100 times the amount of the Word of God than you do. You parrot what your denomination teaches you, but still don't understand what they are saying, let alone discern how much error they actually teach. You can't even defend their beliefs with more than the one or two out of context scriptures they use. That is what I hate. Their teachers. The false teachers that started the carnal false doctrines. Not you. You are just a victim and still too immature and Biblically ignorant to know any better. You can't even recognize scripture when I use it in conversation. You need it in the carnal plain English of the unlearned.

God knows I tried, though I've had to spend way too much of my time defending myself than getting anything into your head. I'm wiping the dust off my feet and I'll leave you to your folly. Good bye. I hope you open your mind someday.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL You are funny in your reasoning. Just because I would like to add a book that I truly think is missing, you think I want to subtract a book. I'm not saying I would like to replace a book. I want them all, not less.

That being said, shouldn't a book of the Bible be completely inspired by God, and His words, word-for-word? They are infallible. So why does Paul give his own opinion that he claims is not from God, for us to make doctrine out of as if it is directly from God?

Really? What about the parts in the Old Testament that require Israel to slay men women and and children? (Num. 31:9-17) Is that inspired by God?

Stranger

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? What about the parts in the Old Testament that require Israel to slay men women and and children? (Num. 31:9-17) Is that inspired by God?

Stranger
Yes! But you have to know WHY God did that for us to know how its corresponds to His nature. There are some who never understand. Do you understand why? Hint: it is the same reason for the flood.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! But you have to know WHY God did that for us to know how its corresponds to His nature. There are some who never understand. Do you understand why? Hint: it is the same reason for the flood.

Yes, I understand it. But you indicated in post #(150) that because the Epistle of Barnabas spoke against abortion and infanticide, that is a factor that you use to accept it as Scripture. So, why wouldn't the 'infanticide' in (Num. 31:9-17), or concerning the Flood of Noah, be a reason to reject those portions of Scripture.

You are accepting a book that has been rejected as part of Scripture; not inspired by God. Your reason is for it's statements concerning abortion and infanticide. I suppose the bottom line is you can view any book as you wish. But it will never get it included into the Bible.

Stranger