Should the books of the bible been more like 77?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, again, you shift it to me. You have not told the truth. You actually lied about me. Oh, I forgot, you don't sin willfully (even though you doubled down on the lie after I called you on it). Yet I am the one that needs to repent?

Repeating myself is not doubling down. You just never understood to begin with, because there is much in scripture you don't recognize when mentioned. Why is that?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did lie and then changed your statements contradicting yourself. You do not have the correct context and are falsely teaching making you a false teacher. If I have wounded you then so be it. Grow thicker skin you are way too sensitive if anything that you posted of mine bothers you. I apologize for nothing. I will rebuke false teaching with no apology.

If you disparaged my mother, you would wound me, just as you have when you don't believe my best friend, God and His Word.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I abide by the New Covenant. As for the EoB, it plugged up holes in the Word of God making it now complete and completely profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

cc: @David Taylor

Anyone who wanted to, could make that a reason for considering some other book inspired by God. That is the worst reason in the world. It shows you believe the Scriptures we have are incomplete.

You say 'abide' by the New Testament. You probably reject the Old Testament, or parts of it, as inspired by God for things written in it. Is that not correct?

Stranger

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know it is not God's will, why ask for it? God doesn't say "no" so why teach that lie. That is not scriptural. The truth is, if you pray amiss or are not abiding in Him, He isn't listening. Jeremiah 11:11 So why pray amiss?

I am not a false teacher. It just seems so to you because you don't recognize the truth in plain scripture. And when I explain something like trespasses, you keep calling me a liar, but you just never understood to begin with. I don't lie, and you are making hateful assumptions of your sister in Christ. But the worst part about it, is you don't know any better.
Who said anything about knowing it is not God's will? Nobody. And yes, God does sometimes say no. God even said no it is not my will to Christ when he prayed that if it be God's will to let the cup pass from him. Again, you are not being Scriptural.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe God answers prayer? You must if you asked for healing. Why ask if you don't believe that God answers prayer? And you must believe in healing, so why have no faith that God can heal a dog through prayer?

If you were really hungry for God, you would want to know how to abide in Him and have His words abide in you. John 15:7; 1 John 3:21-24; 1 John 5:14-15.

Instead you DO NOT BELIEVE SCRIPTURE, but rather your own experience, and have the nerve to call me a liar just because my life proves the scripture to be true. You should believe scripture and find out what's wrong with you. My life confirms scripture, because I make sure I abide in Him. I also make sure I know His will BEFORE I pray. Think of chemistry class. To get the desired result, you must have and include all the ingredients in the right order. If you fail, it is not the fault of the formula.

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

That is probably the case also regarding your not believing the scriptures that say we are dead to sin, let alone 1 John 3:9. It is just not your experience, but also you don't know the true meaning of 1 John 5:16-17 as found in our schoolmaster.
No, you are like most charismatics and twist Scripture.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also @CharismaticLady as usual, I called you out that I was not actually abusive and what do you do? Immediately abandon the argument and start attacking me saying I don't know God, I don't know Scripture, etc, etc, etc. Pathetic really. You twist Scripture. You ARE a false teacher. You do not know Scripture, you take things out of context. You DO change your position in at least what you have written. You make distinctions that are not found in Scripture. And when pointed out all of this you cry "ABUSE!" even though you do the same things to me but that is somehow ok? Hypocrite.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who wanted to, could make that a reason for considering some other book inspired by God. That is the worst reason in the world. It shows you believe the Scriptures we have are incomplete.

You say 'abide' by the New Testament. You probably reject the Old Testament, or parts of it, as inspired by God for things written in it. Is that not correct?

Stranger

I've read all the extra-biblical books, and the EoB was the only one that was beneficial to my understanding of God. That is what the Bible is for, isn't it? And that especially includes the Old Testament. (You know what they say about people who assume!) The EoB is also the only book in the whole Bible that has a commandment directly against abortion and infanticide. How many of the 65,000,000 babies in the United States would have been saved if the mothers hadn't carnally reasoned it away as they weren't murdering a breathing human being. Abortion makes me sick, but not to those who need a law to stop them, or at least give them pause and stir up their silent conscience.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said anything about knowing it is not God's will? Nobody. And yes, God does sometimes say no. God even said no it is not my will to Christ when he prayed that if it be God's will to let the cup pass from him. Again, you are not being Scriptural.

When Jesus was praying, does scripture say what the Father said back to Him? Or was the Father even listening, and all Jesus got was silence? We only have other scripture to discern the rules of answered prayer. Jesus finally must have realized He was praying His own will, and conceded and said, "not My will, but Thine be done."

God didn't say "no." His will was already known to Jesus, but Jesus wanted to see if God's will could be done another way, and as I see it, He got silence. Jesus then had to wrestle in Himself to obey. "Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered." That was the night.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now I am not saved? My doctrine comes from Scripture. Yours comes from somewhere else because it isn't in the Bible.

I didn't say that, I was quoting scripture you don't seem to recognize. 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also @CharismaticLady as usual, I called you out that I was not actually abusive and what do you do? Immediately abandon the argument and start attacking me saying I don't know God, I don't know Scripture, etc, etc, etc. Pathetic really. You twist Scripture. You ARE a false teacher. You do not know Scripture, you take things out of context. You DO change your position in at least what you have written. You make distinctions that are not found in Scripture. And when pointed out all of this you cry "ABUSE!" even though you do the same things to me but that is somehow ok? Hypocrite.

I never said I don't spank you. I do, but always for your own good to become a pastor for truth, not the blatant errors in your denominationalism. But for you to lie and say you never have abused me is a lie. And if anyone believes their own lies or has no conscience, that is pathological to psychotic.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I don't spank you. I do, but always for your own good to become a pastor for truth, not the blatant errors in your denominationalism. But for you to lie and say you never have abused me is a lie. And if anyone believes their own lies or has no conscience, that is pathological to psychotic.
Actually I don't think you know what real abuse is. Did Jesus abuse the Pharisees when he called them vipers? Oh I know what you are going to say "Don't even compare yourself to Jesus" so rather than say that, how about actually answer the question. Was Jesus abusive?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and for the record, the definition of abuse is
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

I have not abused you.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that, I was quoting scripture you don't seem to recognize. 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
No I recognized the Scripture. But you didn't quote the Scripture and, with what you actually wrote, you questioned my salvation. You said someday I may be saved. That's not what the verse says.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read all the extra-biblical books, and the EoB was the only one that was beneficial to my understanding of God. That is what the Bible is for, isn't it? And that especially includes the Old Testament. (You know what they say about people who assume!) The EoB is also the only book in the whole Bible that has a commandment directly against abortion and infanticide. How many of the 65,000,000 babies in the United States would have been saved if the mothers hadn't carnally reasoned it away as they weren't murdering a breathing human being. Abortion makes me sick, but not to those who need a law to stop them, or at least give them pause and stir up their silent conscience.

What parts of the Bible do you reject as inspired?

Nothing wrong being against abortion. But a writings stand on abortion doesn't make it inspired by God.

Stranger

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't think you know what real abuse is. Did Jesus abuse the Pharisees when he called them vipers? Oh I know what you are going to say "Don't even compare yourself to Jesus" so rather than say that, how about actually answer the question. Was Jesus abusive?

No, and neither am I.