Should We Be Forcing Education On Children?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe basic education should be pushed upon children. Basic being knowing how to read and write. Everything else should be optional.

I say this because the public school system is nothing short of slavery, they push indoctrinated false beliefs upon children by telling them what to think, not how to think.. this is not education. The slavery similarity being that the state makes it illegal for children not to go, there is also a very unhealthy agenda being pushed. Connect the dots & you will see it's not education at all.

I see self education being the key importance here, and this is for anyone not just for children. This is why I push for basic education and knowing how to read and write as being the only importance to start with, once this is known.. you can educate yourself and grow from there.

As for biblical education it's the same standard, if a child can read, they can make up their own mind, teaching them how to think and not what to think is crucial.

Reactions: amigo de christo

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was a topic of conversation that came up today. We were debating whether or not I should have told one of the neighbor's child who wanted to be a vet that I used to want to be one when I was a kid too, but then I realized I didn't want to go to school for that long and since she doesn't like school either she's rethinking it. Well whoopdee freaking doo it's called giving her a little dose of reality!! I am honest with children and I don't hold back by constantly preaching that education and college is the way to success because I didn't go to college and I'm making out just fine!

That's why if I ever have children I will stress the importance of going to school because it's the law, but why should I make them go to college if they don't want to go and it's an option? If they want to go I'll support them, but I will never make them go. Just like with church.

I'll take them with me when they're younger but once they're old enough to decide for themselves and old enough to stay home why should I force them if they're not interested in having a relationship with Christ? Even Jesus Himself doesn't like forcing Himself on other people, He wants His children to come to Him willingly and I think that's the way it should be. I can only hope and pray that my future children and grandchildren decide that they want a relationship with Him,.. but I'm in no way, shape, or form going to force it on them.
it's their choice, we don't force someone to believe in Christ Jesus and the Word. God will give everyone a chance. As for education on children, it's just beneficial for them to learn things and know about things instead of knowing nothing about the law (mens rea, actus reas), politics, history, health, etc which you learn in HS. Why wouldn't you give your children education if it's beneficial and wise.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe basic education should be pushed upon children. Basic being knowing how to read and write. Everything else should be optional.

I say this because the public school system is nothing short of slavery, they push indoctrinated false beliefs upon children by telling them what to think, not how to think.. this is not education. The slavery similarity being that the state makes it illegal for children not to go, there is also a very unhealthy agenda being pushed. Connect the dots & you will see it's not education at all.

I see self education being the key importance here, and this is for anyone not just for children. This is why I push for basic education and knowing how to read and write as being the only importance to start with, once this is known.. you can educate yourself and grow from there.

As for biblical education it's the same standard, if a child can read, they can make up their own mind, teaching them how to think and not what to think is crucial.
Everything beyond knowing how to read and write should be optional? Really? Science, mathematics, history, etc. should be optional? Why are you promoting ignorance???

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everything beyond knowing how to read and write should be optional? Really? Science, mathematics, history, etc. should be optional? Why are you promoting ignorance???

Because self education is all that's needed. What's ignorant about that? I think that the Amish and some Irish gypsy's have the right idea about education.. there is no need for further school education than little school, not for christians anyway.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because self education is all that's needed. What's ignorant about that? I think that the Amish and some Irish gypsy's have the right idea about education.. there is no need for further school education than little school, not for christians anyway.
What do you define as "self education" (which should be hyphenated)? Christianity and ignorance are not synonymous (if you understand that word!).

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's their choice, we don't force someone to believe in Christ Jesus and the Word. God will give everyone a chance. As for education on children, it's just beneficial for them to learn things and know about things instead of knowing nothing about the law (mens rea, actus reas), politics, history, health, etc which you learn in HS. Why wouldn't you give your children education if it's beneficial and wise.
Because it's been proven that Home Schooled Children are much brighter and far more educated than their counter parts in the government indoctrination centers. You know ......shooting galleries ....

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it's been proven that Home Schooled Children are much brighter and far more educated than their counter parts in the government indoctrination centers. You know ......shooting galleries ....
Where has this been "proven"? BTW, it's not "counter parts", it's "counterparts". Not kitchen furniture! Education matters!

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you define as "self education" (which should be hyphenated)? Christianity and ignorance are not synonymous (if you understand that word!).

The very meaning of it, to self educate. By knowing how to read you can learn yourself. You don't need anyone to teach you anything. Self learning , It's not a difficult concept.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never said anything about the place of education but I wouldn't give my child home-schooled education unless they had a disability or something like that because they don't get to make any peer friends their age and interact! They then wouldn't have life skills! I don't think home-schooled kids are necessarily more intelligent, it depends on the teacher. Also, if you believe in Jesus, you would teach your child right from the start how to live a good, righteous, Godly life too.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never said anything about the place of education but I wouldn't give my child home-schooled education unless they had a disability or something like that because they don't get to make any peer friends their age and interact!
That should be the least of your concerns today. Schools have now become centers of indoctrinating and perverting kids, while masking them, secretly teaching them things that should never to be taught, and training them to deceive their parents. Certainly not giving them a sound education. And there are many other ways to get children to meet other children and interact, which are far safer and healthier.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That should be the least of your concerns today. Schools have now become centers of indoctrinating and perverting kids, while masking them, secretly teaching them things that should never to be taught, and training them to deceive their parents. Certainly not giving them a sound education. And there are many other ways to get children to meet other children and interact, which are far safer and healthier.
being home-schooled is almost like being in a cage, in my opinion. You only get to be with and know your parents and you don't have a whole class to pick out your peer friends. When I was in school, I've never been deceived by a teacher, they were professional and kids only wear masks today for protection from the virus and I think if they choose to do so. a stranger who is a teacher could be dangerous too, what if the parents are at work and it's just the teacher and the kid.

Reactions: Jim B

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...being home-schooled is almost like being in a cage, in my opinion.
You have no idea about home-schooling, and you have no clue about how children have been targeted for destruction and damnation by demons. Wake up and see what is actually going on.

Reactions: BigJim

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very meaning of it, to self educate. By knowing how to read you can learn yourself. You don't need anyone to teach you anything. Self learning , It's not a difficult concept.
"learn yourself"? "self learning"? Both are poor English. Perhaps your self-education doesn't work too well.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being home-schooled is almost like being in a cage, in my opinion. You only get to be with and know your parents and you don't have a whole class to pick out your peer friends. When I was in school, I've never been deceived by a teacher, they were professional and kids only wear masks today for protection from the virus and I think if they choose to do so. a stranger who is a teacher could be dangerous too, what if the parents are at work and it's just the teacher and the kid.
Enoch111 obviously has no idea of the importance of socialization with one's peers as part of the educational process. Education involves much more than just learning information from books.

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ad hominem thinking is a trait I will not respond to anymore.

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most school teachers here anyway are left wing highly emotional women who are dangerous for our kids to be around. Nothing wrong with homeschooling at all. Keep your kids safe from narcissistic ideologies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most school teachers here anyway are left wing highly emotional women who are dangerous for our kids to be around. Nothing wrong with homeschooling at all. Keep your kids safe from narcissistic ideologies.
As my granddaughter says, "whatever". I feel sorry for you. It must be difficult cowering in fear about schoolteachers and normal school in general..

BigJim

Dec 8, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As my granddaughter says, "whatever". I feel sorry for you. It must be difficult cowering in fear about schoolteachers and normal school in general..

It's your granddaughters bad attitude that's exactly the issue with public schooling. Is her attitude a mirroring of school company do you think? Surrounded by faiths of immorality. Or is it a result of bad parenting?