"Show me your glory"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona The point is I guess that experience can be emotional but not necessarily with a firm Scripture base in doctrine and truth and the work of the Holy Spirit...
To clarify, I think that emotional experiences are just a possible side effect of seeking God, not the goal.

God often speaks in a still small voice or through Scripture. It's not always a mountaintop experience.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Wynona

I am reminded also of John 17.24: "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me..."

Reactions: Wynona

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sister, you and I are def. on the same page here, I too wonder about this as, over the last 11 years, I seem to be a magnet for those who just drain you and never grow. They have used me, ruined things and stolen much from me and still, there are times the anger turns it's ugly head yet, God brings me right to repentance, praise Him for that!

My answer would be "wisdom", not lack of love at all. We pray for them and move on, no need to be a door matt. I avoid all and any who try to make fast friends with me, it's quite the discernment God has taught me over the years and, I feel not at all bad or guilty or condemned about it.
Yer good!! :) IMHO, of course...
Ditto for me...

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona I wanted to say your hunger and thirst for more of Him will not go unrewarded....You're fixing to get a major breakthrough and get "promoted" in the spiritual things of God...this is the place that He will open your eyes and ears to know the hidden wisdom of God.

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona I wanted to say your hunger and thirst for more of Him will not go unrewarded....You're fixing to get a major breakthrough and get "promoted" in the spiritual things of God...this is the place that He will open your eyes and ears to know the hidden wisdom of God.

Thank you. I will keep seeking the Lord.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you'll permit me a slight digression, but within the theme of "Show me Your glory"...

When Moses asked God to show him His glory, we're not told what he saw (and would human language even have the words to describe what he saw?), but we are told what he heard. He heard:

And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the Lord. Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in faithfulness and truth; who keeps faithfulness for thousands, who forgives wrongdoing, violation of His Law, and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, inflicting the punishment of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

So, when you see compassion and mercy and patience and loyalty and faithfulness and truth and forgiveness and justice, you are seeing what God considers in Himself to be worthy of glory and honor and praise. You can also see God's glory, not on the mountain top, but down here in the valleys. May we show the world God's glory.

This message was brought to you by Christianity Board. Loving people, living community.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you'll permit me a slight digression, but within the theme of "Show me Your glory"...

When Moses asked God to show him His glory, we're not told what he saw (and would human language even have the words to describe what he saw?), but we are told what he heard. He heard:

And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the Lord. Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in faithfulness and truth; who keeps faithfulness for thousands, who forgives wrongdoing, violation of His Law, and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, inflicting the punishment of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

So, when you see compassion and mercy and patience and loyalty and faithfulness and truth and forgiveness and justice, you are seeing what God considers in Himself to be worthy of glory and honor and praise. You can also see God's glory, not on the mountain top, but down here in the valleys. May we show the world God's glory.

This message was brought to you by Christianity Board. Loving people, living community.
@Lambano I reckon you've also noticed this verse at some stage: :)

John 17.24: "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me..."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano I reckon you've also noticed this verse at some stage: :)

John 17.24: "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me..."
No, I hadn't really picked up on that one. I may have a "glory blind-spot".

When you look at Jesus, what do you see?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.
Psalm 34:8
[8]O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

It is possible to walk with Him so intimately that you feel His presence daily, and when He says, "Come away" your heart responds immediately. You come away, and He meets with you in a very personal way. That's what He longs for ....a people who hear and know His voice. He wants to bless us. He longs to commune with His people, heart to heart.❤️

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you look at Jesus, what do you see?
When I look at Him, I see love. I have seen Him at times when that answer would be, "I see the Father." I knew He was God the Son, but I saw the Father's love in Him. I've seen His smile. Other times, I have seen brightness....the purest light you've ever seen.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart.

Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence to the point where I want a special encounter with Him like when Moses said "Show me your glory".

Can anyone relate to this?

Don't get me wrong, His presence is with me all day. But I sometimes want that Moses-like moment.

Ill do anything for it.

Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.

We (everyone at times) want to "Experience" God (Him)

The thing is - He is always with us!!

The problem then is whether we believe in Him or not?

It is not easy to believe in Him, because we can't see Him with our physical eyes or hear Him with our physical ears - but He is there!

It takes faith - that belief in Him - the OMNI-PRESENT ONE WE CALL JESUS CHRIST - but whose name is called The Word of God - because He is there and does talk to us. Jesus Christ - The Word of God - The One who spoke to Moses - is still always with us and He (The Word of God) is the glory of God. The Father gave all things to the Son!

So, is hearing from Him, as the The Word of God, what we are talking about when we seek the "Glory of God"?

The thing is - we often don't really want to hear from the "Glory of God" but rather with just want a good feeling like a drug might give us. Yet that good feeling comes from taking time to listen to Him by faith!

Now that is not always so apparent, but it is true.

For example - a bunch of people who hear from Him (though some don't even understand they did hear from Him) may get together on say a Sunday morning, because they picked up His Holy Spirit in their spirit, telling them to go there. He has spoken to people (though many are unaware of it) and had them doing different things like having some sing, some preach, some sit and praise Him. That is all because God spoke to people (even though many barely listened or understood) and then the presence of the Lord was felt by those people who gathered because He spoke to them.

Now we don't have to just wait till Sunder, or whatever time He gets us together. He is always with us, so we can just start talking with Him. We can go for a walk with Him and discuss things with Him. And the more we listen to Him the more we will wind up feeling His presence! Oh it might not be the overwhelming presence and power we might get here and there, but it will be His presence, and His comfort, and His encouragement, and His teachings, and His instructions - which all come from being close to Him spiritually speaking. It will in fact be what we need!!

Reactions: Wynona

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. All of you.

Ill be honest, I sought God's face last and I asked Him to show me His glory. He said, "Not yet."

There are some fulfillments we will only see as we enter death, He said.

Also, I realized I had a heaviness about me from not feeling His presence as much lately.

I still am in God's Word, pray, attend church, and avoid sin. But I think this is one of those times of testing where He withdraws the emotional experience side of His presence for an important purpose.
If you’ve seen his righteousness, and I believe you have just in your post here. Then I know you have seen His glory.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN GOD is LIGHT and IN HIM is no darkness at all .
Many folks can say they hunger for His presence , but His presence IS RIGHTEOUSNESS , TRUTH . HE IS HIS WORD .
The problem is most folks are hungering for AN EXPERIENCE , NOT FOR GOD NOR THE THINGS THAT BE OF GOD .
OF course i am not saying this about our dear sister WYNONA . I am only saying it to make a point .
Yes, we see His righteousness, and seek to obtain.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We (everyone at times) want to "Experience" God (Him)

The thing is - He is always with us!!

The problem then is whether we believe in Him or not?

It is not easy to believe in Him, because we can't see Him with our physical eyes or hear Him with our physical ears - but He is there!

It takes faith - that belief in Him - the OMNI-PRESENT ONE WE CALL JESUS CHRIST - but whose name is called The Word of God - because He is there and does talk to us. Jesus Christ - The Word of God - The One who spoke to Moses - is still always with us and He (The Word of God) is the glory of God. The Father gave all things to the Son!

So, is hearing from Him, as the The Word of God, what we are talking about when we seek the "Glory of God"?

The thing is - we often don't really want to hear from the "Glory of God" but rather with just want a good feeling like a drug might give us. Yet that good feeling comes from taking time to listen to Him by faith!

Now that is not always so apparent, but it is true.

For example - a bunch of people who hear from Him (though some don't even understand they did hear from Him) may get together on say a Sunday morning, because they picked up His Holy Spirit in their spirit, telling them to go there. He has spoken to people (though many are unaware of it) and had them doing different things like having some sing, some preach, some sit and praise Him. That is all because God spoke to people (even though many barely listened or understood) and then the presence of the Lord was felt by those people who gathered because He spoke to them.

Now we don't have to just wait till Sunder, or whatever time He gets us together. He is always with us, so we can just start talking with Him. We can go for a walk with Him and discuss things with Him. And the more we listen to Him the more we will wind up feeling His presence! Oh it might not be the overwhelming presence and power we might get here and there, but it will be His presence, and His comfort, and His encouragement, and His teachings, and His instructions - which all come from being close to Him spiritually speaking. It will in fact be what we need!!

You bring up some good points. My husband and I had a conversation about the way we pray and how we each could do better about simply talking to God about any and everything.