"Show me your glory"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence...
Hungry, yes, for what? His presence...hmm? Is that equal to His righteousness? Consider what Jesus said here:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

That is not "maybe", but "they shall be filled"!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hungry, yes, for what? His presence...hmm? Is that equal to His righteousness? Consider what Jesus said here:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

That is not "maybe", but "they shall be filled"!
IN GOD is LIGHT and IN HIM is no darkness at all .
Many folks can say they hunger for His presence , but His presence IS RIGHTEOUSNESS , TRUTH . HE IS HIS WORD .
The problem is most folks are hungering for AN EXPERIENCE , NOT FOR GOD NOR THE THINGS THAT BE OF GOD .
OF course i am not saying this about our dear sister WYNONA . I am only saying it to make a point .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, if it would be ok if I was to speak rather boldly???

God never pulls away from one, but God does pull one deeper into Himself.. What you are feeling, if I may speak, is God pulling as it were a peel of the onion off of the life of self, which naturally leaves one feeling naked and alone, because more of the self-life is being exposed to light…

But this is a great thing and a call for rejoicing, for one is being called into a deeper fellowship with Himself… So as I’m sure you know, eyes on Christ in faith, and off of yourself… For He has great things in store for those that by faith refused to be moved from trusting Him to live His life in them…

Thanks for listening and I hope it encourages towards Christ…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

It's fine. The goal of what Im experiencing, I definitely agree is deeper fellowship with Him.

I won't stop following Him now.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's fine. The goal of what Im experiencing, I definitely agree is deeper fellowship with Him.

YOU JUST CLING TO THE BIBLCAL LORD JESUS SISTER .
The closer HE draws us to HIM the more we love every WORD HE EVER TAUGHT .
The closer GOD drew me to HIM , the more i hated the sin of my own flesh .
GOD draws us to a wonderous LOVE OF HIS EVERY WORD . And any other spirit that draws us elsewhere , IS PHONY . AS you already know my dear sister . Lambs love TRUTH . LAMBS love EVERY TEACHING OF JESUS CHRIST . THEY LOVE IT . THEY LOVE AND EMBRACE IT
hating even the very sin present within their flesh . MARCH ON SISTER . MARCH ON IN THE LORD . FEASTING on the bible like
a ten day starved wild hog on a fresh hot dump of food . Eat up and love every word of biblical truth .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Folks often tell me when i say read your bibles , things like well we have read it already .
But ponder this . By grace GOD put me into the bible on day one , that was in may of two thousand and six .
YET the love for the truth of it has not waned . The truth is GOD has put me into ONE BOOK ONLY .
AND i have not grown weary of it . Truth is i love to read it and to read it to others over the phone or in person .
The love of the truth brings a joy that this world will never know . But lambs know it for GOD puts it in them .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart.

Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence to the point where I want a special encounter with Him like when Moses said "Show me your glory".

Can anyone relate to this?

Don't get me wrong, His presence is with me all day. But I sometimes want that Moses-like moment.

Ill do anything for it.

Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.
I want to be honest about this because it was something on my mind last night.

You know what Jesus said?

"Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."

No experience and having faith by the Word alone is extremely commendable.

And you all have had plenty of encounters, I'm sure, that you don't know about because He loves his children.

No mention of God in the Book of Esther. Is it because He was working in the background silently?

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."

And you all have had plenty of encounters, I'm sure, that you don't know about because He loves his children.

No mention of God in the Book of Esther. Is it because He was working in the background silently?
God told the hebrews , raise those children and teach them of ME . You are loved my dear sister
but lets not feed those children to the wolves . Raise those children up in the way they should GO .
Have you seen what is going on in american schools as well as the schools in the world .
My advice would be home school . And we dont need as much material stuff in this world as we think we do to survive .
Meaning we can cut back on lots of things and get by with much less income than we think .
Our goal must be for the welfare of our children . march onwards dear sister . I am only trying to point and remind us to
a better way indeed .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know what's funny? You are right because that's a saying Jesus reminded me of last night.

In fact, I even got compared to the generation that looks for a sign.

I didn't like that. But He's God. What can you do?

I still believe you can wrestle with God as Jacob did when he said, "I will not let you go until you bless me."

But as for me, I know He told me "not yet". I am to wait on Him.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what's funny? You are right because that's a saying Jesus reminded me of last night.

In fact, I even got compared to the generation that looks for a sign.

I didn't like that. But He's God. What can you do?

I still believe you can wrestle with God as Jacob did when he said, "I will not let you go until you bless me."

But as for me, I know He told me "not yet". I am to wait on Him.
I have been there. I know it was frustrating. I remember being about 19 and sitting on the floor and yelling at God in my head asking Him to just DO something and show me something.

Well I was prophesied over at about 14-15 that I would have a visitation. I can never remember exactly, but it took 14(?) years for something to happen.

Just keep waiting. Just keep searching. Just don't do what I did and give up completely.

The Word is a lamp to your feet, trust God, and cling to it. It will lead you to where you need to go, seeing or no seeing.

God told the hebrews , raise those children and teach them of ME . You are loved my dear sister
but lets not feed those children to the wolves . Raise those children up in the way they should GO .
Have you seen what is going on in american schools as well as the schools in the world .
My advice would be home school . And we dont need as much material stuff in this world as we think we do to survive .
Meaning we can cut back on lots of things and get by with much less income than we think .
Our goal must be for the welfare of our children . march onwards dear sister . I am only trying to point and remind us to
a better way indeed .
Amen, @amigo de christo . Mine are homeschooled! :D I'm glad, too, because they get to be kids.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(And while I'm remembering it is upright blind faith that God wants from us most.)

Believe me... The believing without seeing or hearing, and trusting without knowing, and patience in times of silence and waiting is a really big deal to Him.

So it may not seem like a blessing, but it is a blessing, because you get to honor Him with your faith and trust in Him alone.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was honest with God that I was disappointed that I didn't experience a special encounter with Him.

And He was very direct in saying that He sometimes chooses a still small voice...

1 Kings 19:12
King James Version

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

And if he chooses a still small voice, than that is what will be sufficient.

And here is what I've learned: God doesn't relate to every person the same. What happened with Moses wasn't repeated with Joshua or with Gideon. He relates to each person differently.

Do I want God or an exciting experience? It wouldn't do if I only wanted to be around a person for an exciting experience and ignore them otherwise.

So it isn't good to treat God that way either. I would so like a mountain top experience. But even if that were to happen, I still need to make the choice to obey and follow Him each day. It wouldn't then happen automatically.

God never promised that He'd rescue us from the heaviness of this world or the dreariness that sometimes comes with every day life. He did promise He'd be with us. And He is.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was honest with God that I was disappointed that I didn't experience a special encounter with Him.

And He was very direct in saying that He sometimes chooses a still small voice...

King James Version

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

And here is what I've learned: God doesn't relate to every person the same. What happened with Moses wasn't repeated with Joshua or with Gideon. He relates to each person differently.

Do I want God or an exciting experience? It wouldn't do if I only wanted to be around a person for an exciting experience and ignore them otherwise.

So it isn't good to treat God that way either. I would so like a mountain top experience. But even if that were to happen, I still need to make the choice to obey and follow Him each day. It wouldn't then happen automatically.

God never promised that He'd rescue us from the heaviness of this world or the dreariness that sometimes comes with every day life. He did promise He'd be with us. And He is.

It does bless me when I read your posts, they are so filled with relationship…

Be so blessed in that relationship, Not me

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart.

Sometimes I just get hungry for God's presence to the point where I want a special encounter with Him like when Moses said "Show me your glory".

Can anyone relate to this?

Don't get me wrong, His presence is with me all day. But I sometimes want that Moses-like moment.

Ill do anything for it.

Because God had emotions and feelings just like we do. And He's personal. A Personal Being I want to know better. I already experience His blessings but I want to experience Him.
I haven’t seen His Glory but I have experienced his pain (microscopic portion).
I had been in prayer before going to bed...after finishing I climbed in bed and the brightness and fullness of the moon was shining brightly through my bedroom windows...I couldn't help but want to get up and look out my window to view the splendor of it...I sat on my sofa, opened my blinds and just sat in awe of how beautiful the moon looked that night.
I told God how awesome His creation is and I just became overwhelmed by the beauty of everything He created...
I praised Him and worshipped Him and sang a song...
Then while sitting there meditating on Him while having my eyes fixated on the moon, I began to experience a slight pain in my heart...it kept intensifying and getting worse to the point I couldn't hardly bare the pain anymore...
Then it suddenly left....
I said, Father, WHAT was THAT all about...

He said, I let you experience a tiny portion of how I grieve for my people who are lost and hurting and are captive to the lies of the enemy that is destroying their faith....you can't receive the fullness of my grief and pain because it would be more than the body could handle and you would have died.

I said, oh Father, I am grieved as well, just feeling that small portion was like nothing I have ever felt before...I felt like my heart was breaking apart...
What can I do...tell me and I will obey...
He said, Go and set my captives free......so I have been doing that since that very night....

It was the only time I have felt His heart in such an intense way..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I just feel like God wants to reveal Himself in new ways but we have to come after Him through prayer and fasting.

I don't think I would feel this way, if there weren't more of Him to experience.

Thanks for sharing.
I believe this desire in you for a greater revelation of God is of the Spirit, and He is preparing you.

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sister, you and I are def. on the same page here, I too wonder about this as, over the last 11 years, I seem to be a magnet for those who just drain you and never grow. They have used me, ruined things and stolen much from me and still, there are times the anger turns it's ugly head yet, God brings me right to repentance, praise Him for that!

My answer would be "wisdom", not lack of love at all. We pray for them and move on, no need to be a door matt. I avoid all and any who try to make fast friends with me, it's quite the discernment God has taught me over the years and, I feel not at all bad or guilty or condemned about it.
Yer good!! :) IMHO, of course...
@Wynona

Something to remember . . . the parasite drains the resources that may have been intended for elsewhere. Thankfully that will still work for our good, but maybe a greater good could be achieved than if perhaps we've gotten waylaid by such sorts of people.

My wife and I have had this experience too, and have come to understand a need to be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit in each case, lest we fall for someone's scheme. They are practiced, unhealthy, they are manipulated by the devil to bring Christians to ruin.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

King James Version

@Wynona In the long term, it's consistent prayer and Scripture reading that really count, right? rather than sudden extrovert experiences that don't last...