shutting up the kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ life is kingdom life. A life that walks in the Spirit...in Zion...in the heavenly realm...in the kingdom of God.

Strive to enter into the kingdom.

Please do not pat yourself on your back yet as your striving to enter into the kingdom of God is not what it is all about. Those who strive to get into the Kingdom of God are the goats in the Judgement of the Sheep and the Goats Parable.

Those who strive to get into the kingdom of God do not have God's heart of righteousness.

Yes Christian life is kingdom life where we take up our cross daily to serve the one that we worship with our willing sacrifices of blessings.

Many Christians have their heads in the clouds but have no feet on the ground doing the Kingdom things.

Shalom.

Reactions: Nancy and lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I didn't reply because I just want to focus on Him....but I wanted to share my testimony which confirms what you are saying. I got saved when I was 7...I spent my growing up years going to church and learning from what was preached at the pulpit. My pastor was a hell, fire and brimstone preacher...as I became an adult and more aware of sins in my life I began to get depressed because I seemed to always mess up. I was always going up front during alter call to "get saved again", "rededicate my life", getting the demons cast out....yadayada…..and one day I just gave and cried out to God and said this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how hard I try I always mess up and might as well prepare for hell.....that is when God spoke to me (for the 1st time...I was 24)….and said He was my Father and as much as I loved my daughter so much more does He love me that I cannot even comprehend it....that as my daughter grows up and I teach her right and wrong and reward or discipline her I will never stop loving her......God said that is how I am....I am a good Father....I will love you, teach you and discipline you but never will I let you go.

So that ended my years of condemnation.....I know what His Grace and Mercy is all about now....and I don't abuse it but am ever grateful for it.

Praise God! Love that testimony.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please do not pat yourself on your back yet as your striving to enter into the kingdom of God is not what it is all about. Those who strive to get into the Kingdom of God are the goats in the Judgement of the Sheep and the Goats Parable.

The sheep/goats judgment is the GWT judgment for all nations. This is not about the house of God...or anything remotely resembling seeking after the kingdom.

Those who strive to get into the kingdom of God do not have God's heart of righteousness.

The opposite is true. It is only as our hearts line up with God's that we are permitted entry into the spiritual life.

Yes Christian life is kingdom life where we take up our cross daily to serve the one that we worship with our willing sacrifices of blessings.

Our cross; our strength; our life

His cross; His grace: His life

Many Christians have their heads in the clouds but have no feet on the ground doing the Kingdom things.

That's not what walking in the Spirit is about. It is about walking in 2 dimensions at once. To have one's head in the clouds is a human thing...where you can only focus on one thing at a time. Not so in the true spiritual life.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sheep/goats judgment is the GWT judgment for all nations. This is not about the house of God...or anything remotely resembling seeking after the kingdom.

The opposite is true. It is only as our hearts line up with God's that we are permitted entry into the spiritual life.

Our cross; our strength; our life

His cross; His grace: His life

That's not what walking in the Spirit is about. It is about walking in 2 dimensions at once. To have one's head in the clouds is a human thing...where you can only focus on one thing at a time. Not so in the true spiritual life.

The fact that you are arguing/justifying your position against what I had posted is enough evidence to confirm that what I had posted is true.

Last edited: