Sign of the times... Why no revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Revival!?!?!?

You guys would attack and rip apart any revival as soon as it took off!

‘Satanic! Too religious! Look at those heretics blaspheming God! It’s a scandal! Another sign the end times are here!’
lol. even our definition of "revival is pretty whacked now, huh? More akin to taking mushrooms at a Grateful Dead concert or something. (Ah, my apologies to Dead fans on shrooms, whom i have just offended i guess)

the word is used twice, once OT, and once NT, and they both say exactly the same thing! once you know where the Temple is anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Rick and Morty
if you are skeptical of R&M, don't miss where Rick denies God and then puts his hands over his head in protect mode lol, or other reflections of truth and human nature. Pleads with God when in trouble, then when he miraculously escapes, denies God, stuff like that. Priceless stuff

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't put all the blame on the Pastor. I understand the problem of weak leadership... But what about rebellious sheep?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I do not give Baptist all the credit.

Entertainment; Meals; Work (job); Visiting;
Is promoted, encouraged AND accepted...
ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

Observe ANY Sanctuary today...you can find one or all of these things occurring;
People being entertained with musicians, with jokes, with skits, etc.
People eating and drinking.
People answering work related phone calls and texts or talking with a person next to them.
People talking to people next to them, gossiping, texting, giggling, flirting, making plans for where to go to eat, or to "be" entertained, AFTER the Preacher hurries up and gets done "jabbering".

A preacher would have to be blind, to not See what goes on in the congregation as he stands before them.

Churches have had attendance decline.
So, what is their solution?
Drag people to church? Invite people to church? Encourage people to attend church?

Or relent and ALLOW, the people to dictate what they want? Entertainment, option to eat, visit, talk, flirt, text, etc. on and on.
Today, perfectly acceptable...or fear losing congregants...thus oops it jeopardizes the Preacher's livelihood.

It's simply a choice. Fill the pews and man be satisfied, because they are filled. Or fill lesser pews and God be satisfied of genuine Worshipers gathering to praise Him.

When God established the order of HOW TO teach the people; it was also established the PEOPLE had a part in the teaching; which was to attend; be quite; and listen.

That "order of HOW TO" was first applicable to all the people, then men who attended Temple, then when women began attending Temple it was reiterated, it also applied to the women; to sit, be quite; and listen.

God Bless,
Taken
Taken,

Believe or not... It can be done! It requies the Pastor to care more about God's business and not Church numbers.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. We have several lifeless churches in our area. Churches that used to be full of the Holy Spirit and FIRE. They have all turned lukewarm.

We pray for revival in the pastor's heart and the people. If it had not been for Jesus coming for me I don't know where I'd be. Outside of church walls He came and convicted me and I was saved. I owe allegiance to no man, only Jesus.

Men tend to give their allegiance to a denomination many times and not God.

Revival is the only answer. Not some program made by men of a committee.

Having been without a church here in the wooded mountains where we live we have been forced like Paul to depend solely on the Lord. All of our encouragement, guidance, healing, deliverance... All things we need come directly from His hand.

How sad that churchgoers, many of them, depend upon others and not Jesus to meet their needs. It's wonderful to have a good church, one that teaches the word, but it is up to the believer, the disciple to seek God's face.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival!?!?!?

You guys would attack and rip apart any revival as soon as it took off!

‘Satanic! Too religious! Look at those heretics blaspheming God! It’s a scandal! Another sign the end times are here!’
O my! Consider for me that when I was called into God in 1976, my first encounter with the Holy Spirit as something within me occurred at a series of revival meetings at a Pentecostal church. Lo and behold in world of Christians quite commonly opposed to women in the ministry, the revival services were led by two single women. My wife and I both received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and the gift of speaking in tongues. My tongues were only of the communication between me and God sort. She received that and also a gift of messages for other with accompanying interpretations in the common language of the people. As a result, while we know that there are counterfeits, we also know the reality also exists.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol. even our definition of "revival is pretty whacked now, huh? More akin to taking mushrooms at a Grateful Dead concert or something. (Ah, my apologies to Dead fans on shrooms, whom i have just offended i guess)

the word is used twice, once OT, and once NT, and they both say exactly the same thing! once you know where the Temple is anyway
When you search the scriptures looking for "revival" also search for "quicken" or "quickening" or "resurrection" or "refresh" or "refreshing" and you will certainly get a fuller picture of God's message to men on the subject. Isn't this what God really wants to do to men: bring them back to Life... and so He sent His Son:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken,

Believe or not... It can be done! It requies the Pastor to care more about God's business and not Church numbers.

Sure, I agree with that.

And to add, was not dismissing the Pastor as trivial.

Pastors IMO, have an enormous Job.
If we examine Jesus' method of what He did;

An "announcement", where Jesus would be speaking. Anyone could come and hear.

People listened, murmered, and some Walked away, mumbling their disbelief.

Some stayed and hung on His every word.

Some stayed and wonder about some of the things He said, and chose to hear more.

When Jesus met men, Jesus invited Himself to come to their home and have supper with them. Just a freebie meal? Well it was! However it was opportunity for Jesus to speak to them (the unsaved) about God and Precepts of God.

No doubt, Preachers today often have supper in the homes of men WHO?? Are already saved and born again; who don't require their interested to be sparked, and them become healed.

Preachers DO have a difficult JOB;
They have so to reach, From so many with different circumstances; The already saved, the unknowing, the lost, the immature, the antagonists, etc.

A revival IS for the already saved, who are drifting away from practicing Gods Precepts.
The intent IS excite them with "moderenly referenced ... lighting a fire under them"...but more precisely to remind them the Light, the Power, is in them and they are doldrum in USING that Power within them.

We all know, it is a fact, people are busy going 90 miles an hour, running here and there, busy, busy, busy and often not taking a second to stop, and actually look and reflect on a cloud, a mountain, an ocean, the stars, a forest, etc. and be in awe, and actually have that bring to mind the awesomeness and Power of God.

IMO - THAT is the purpose of a revival; precisely to spark men IN Christ, to start paying attention everyday, God is in their life, but they also need to remember They are in Gods life, and they don't seem to be remembering a relationship is participation of both parties.

God Bless,
Taken

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O my! Consider for me that when I was called into God in 1976, my first encounter with the Holy Spirit as something within me occurred at a series of revival meetings at a Pentecostal church. Lo and behold in world of Christians quite commonly opposed to women in the ministry, the revival services were led by two single women. My wife and I both received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and the gift of speaking in tongues. My tongues were only of the communication between me and God sort. She received that and also a gift of messages for other with accompanying interpretations in the common language of the people. As a result, while we know that there are counterfeits, we also know the reality also exists.

Give God the glory!

My comment was not describing a lack of providing revival, on the part of the Holy Spirit - it was directed toward the skepticism of many Christians who view everything they see through the lens of negativity and ‘my view is the Lord’s view’, which results in reducing every idea they did not generate to ‘false’ or even ‘satanic’!

Skepticism is the opposite of faith, yet it seems to be the hallmark of so many Christians in these end times.....

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My comment was not describing a lack of revival on the part of the Holy Spirit - it was directed toward the skepticism of many Christians who view everything they see through the lens of negativity and ‘my view is the Lord’s view’, which results in reducing every idea they did not generate to ‘false’ or even ‘satanic’!

Skepticism is the opposite of faith, yet it seems to be the hallmark of so many Christians in these end times.....
I guess my post was indicating a lack of submission to the Holy Spirit by so many who name themselves as Christians.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My comment was not describing a lack of providing revival, on the part of the Holy Spirit - it was directed toward the skepticism of many Christians who view everything they see through the lens of negativity and ‘my view is the Lord’s view’, which results in reducing every idea they did not generate to ‘false’ or even ‘satanic’!

this gets particularly interesting about halfway down imo, speaks to your points; i couldn't sleep last night for it :D
Faith: persuasion and belief (There's treasure everywhere)
I guess my post was indicating a lack of submission to the Holy Spirit by so many who name themselves as Christians.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God brings a revival there is life. When men try and pump up a program and stick a label on it as a revival there is but the sound of crickets.

When a man touches you it's but a touch. When God touches you an empowering flow of anointing flows through you. There is a difference that cannot be described with mere words.

I had the wonderful experience of being born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit during a flow, a revival, a move of God's Holy Spirit during late 70's, as were thousands of others. I'll never be able to forget it. I want everyone to experience it.

Let's be sure and remember who our adversary is. It's not one another. We must shake off the fleshly urges to attack or provoke each other but rather seek God for ability to put our foot on the neck of the old man whom the adversary is perpetually attempting to resurrect.

Am I coming across as arrogant, as overbearing or as a know it all? I pray not. I as you, am just another pilgrim walking with the ever present cross in my view. I can only speak the things that I've seen, heard and lived.

We will as said in Nahum, "stumble upon our corpses".

If I stumble, God forbid, I pray that another will stop and lift me up. Not as in religion where a kick is more likely. May I choose words carefully. But if they have called the Master of the house beelzebub how much more we who are but the servants.

Let me take care in my rebukes lest I be found to wrestle against the very God I pray to.

May your hearts be lifted today as you draw near to Him that knows every feeling that you'll ever have. He's right there with you today in your need.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

kit

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Folks, I'm new here.

I too earnestly desire a revival in the church. I've encountered believers who think its a crazy concept. I've encountered others who find the notion that rival is necessary to be offensive. So currently my meditations on revival are contained to my times of solitude with God; Seeking to be given to that work. I'm sure that in community there is work to do, but I don't know how to do that work?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Folks, I'm new here.

I too earnestly desire a revival in the church. I've encountered believers who think its a crazy concept. I've encountered others who find the notion that rival is necessary to be offensive. So currently my meditations on revival are contained to my times of solitude with God; Seeking to be given to that work. I'm sure that in community there is work to do, but I don't know how to do that work?

Welcome to the Site Kit. Glad to see that you have started posting. :)

Reactions: pia and kit

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a difference that cannot be described with mere words
Amen Frank ! Brings me to tears quite often, to see how many who say they are Christians ( of all sorts of different churches) reject this awesome Truth, and they can be very good at following their particular church doctrines, but ask them to actually HAVE TIME with the Lord, and it's like they hide or run away, or worse still, tell us it isn't possible ( which is from the pit of hell)...
I too found it amazing beyond words, once I received the Holy spirit....there are no words in English or my Mother tongue, that can even begin to describe this event and many since.....How sad it is just how many don't want to, or think they don't need to because they think it's done automatically...I sure had no clue, until it happened and then 'WOW', that's all I can really say... Bless you Frank....:)