Silence Of Women

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
"like in the hit movie Titanic. Jack gave up his life for Rose when he got her on the debris of the ship." - Selene

-- You mean Rose, the woman Jack knew for three days who had sex with him in the storage compartment while her fiance' looked for her?

That Jack and Rose?

Do you have a problem sacrificing your life to save your wife or the woman you love?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I didn't go back and check recently it but I think if you read carefully it was Paul who had his own protocols regarding women in church services.

I do not think it was a mandate for everybody to follow. Like I said , I recall this from memory so check it out yourself.

I find Jesus highly regarded the women around him. I like his example.

I have read that women are to be submissive to husbands (Paul's opinion again) but a key verse at the same place it says that the husband is to be submissive to Christ. If the husband gets it right , the wife would gladly support him. Often men get it wrong , they do not submit to Christ , but they still want the wife to submit to them regardless. In that case the man is wrong.

Sometimes , when the man gets it wrong , I think it is entirely appropriate that the good Christian woman should forget she is a gentleman , hoist the black flag , draw the sharp sword , and take action :)
You're always spot on and straight to the point!
I agree.

Hello Martin,

The Bible also said that the husband must love his wife as Christ loved the Church and delivered Himself up for it (Ephesians 5:25). Christ loved the Church that He gave up His life for her. In the same way, husbands are called to do the same. :) That is why in so many hollywood movies, the man is always seen giving up his life for the woman he loves....like in the hit movie Titanic. Jack gave up his life for Rose when he got her on the debris of the ship.

In Christ,
Selene
I don't see you referencing Diary of a Mad Black Woman when the wealthy man kicks the woman out for a younger model.

In the real world, do you HONESTLY believe what you just say? What you say cannot be true or the divorce rate wouldn't be over 50%.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I'm afraid I don't follow what you mean.

"So you're saying that no-one who is morally imperfect can ever be used as an exemplar of any single idea?" - De

- - You felt justified in asking this rather silly blanket assumption question based on a single comment I made about a fictionalized affair.
I am not surprised at all that you don't follow...

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
In the real world, do you HONESTLY believe what you just say? What you say cannot be true or the divorce rate wouldn't be over 50%.

In the real world, the divorce rate was actually a lot.....whole lot lower many many many years ago. So what changed? Why is the divorce rate much higher today that it was 50 or 100 years ago. Over time, the values in American society have changed. So, why shouldn't a man sacrifice his life to save his wife? Christ sacrificed his life for the Church.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it:

How did Christ love the Church? By delivering Himself up for it. The Bible says that women are to be subject to their husbands. Most men do not seem to have a problem with that. So, is it a problem if you are to show your love to your wife by sacrificing your life to save her? I know that most mothers would sacrifice their life to save their children.

In Christ,
Selene

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You tried to use a secular example and I'm saying the secular example is not true.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Do you have a problem sacrificing your life to save your wife or the woman you love? " - Selene

-- Of course not.

Questioning the use of a two people who were essentially strangers having sex after just three days while one was engaged to someone else as an example of "love conquers all" does not negate that. ;)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You tried to use a secular example and I'm saying the secular example is not true.

Huh? :mellow: What secular example? The Bible says "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it" Are you saying that the Bible did NOT say that?

"Do you have a problem sacrificing your life to save your wife or the woman you love? " - Selene

-- Of course not.

Questioning the use of a two people who were essentially strangers having sex after just three days while one was engaged to someone else as an example of "love conquers all" does not negate that. ;)

That was just an example. One of the reasons why romantic movies like that are so popular and make the charts is because you have the man doing all he can to protect the woman. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but a man is supposed to protect his wife and family. The husband is the head of the household, and the woman is known to be the heart of the household. In my eyes, both men and women are equal, but each have a different role in life. Each were created differently. However, being created differently does not mean that one is superior than the other.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"That was just an example." - Selene

-- If that was "just an example" then why would you feel the need to even ask me that question in the first place?

Again, if questioning the using a man sacrificing his life for a woman that he knew and had sex with after only 72 hours, her being betrothed to another at the time, as an example of a man "protecting his wife and family" causes you to ask me if I have a problem sacrificing my life for my wife or the woman I love, then the issue isn't really with me, is it?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And so who do you think God is, how can Hre possibly say ti us that He is no respector of person, and that all men are created equal, then say "but", women must be silent and wear veils over there heads. How silly is it that you think God to run double standards. A lot of what the disciples taught came from the very religion they where coming out from, it was what they believed to be right, that didnt make it right. If the disciples where so right then why was it that Jesus said to paul" Get there behind me satan", or was ir "you do not know what spirit you speak from". When was it that you read that Jesus told anyone to be silent, when women aproached Him. do you recall Him telling them they cant come any closer untill the put a veil on ther head, do you rember Him telling the kids they must go to Creiche cause He will teach them seperately, oh how we distort the love of our God. Jesus is Lord, your brother, your best friend, He is not a slave driver and you His slave. so dont treat Him as such.

In His Love

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
And so who do you think God is, how can Hre possibly say ti us that He is no respector of person, and that all men are created equal, then say "but", women must be silent and wear veils over there heads. How silly is it that you think God to run double standards. A lot of what the disciples taught came from the very religion they where coming out from, it was what they believed to be right, that didnt make it right. If the disciples where so right then why was it that Jesus said to paul" Get there behind me satan", or was ir "you do not know what spirit you speak from". When was it that you read that Jesus told anyone to be silent, when women aproached Him. do you recall Him telling them they cant come any closer untill the put a veil on ther head, do you rember Him telling the kids they must go to Creiche cause He will teach them seperately, oh how we distort the love of our God. Jesus is Lord, your brother, your best friend, He is not a slave driver and you His slave. so dont treat Him as such.

In His Love

Hello mjrhealth,

1 Corinthians 14:34 is interpreted to mean that women are not allowed to teach in Church or in the Assembly. This biblical verse is aligned with 1 Ti. 2:12. St. Paul DO allow women to speak in Church because in 1 Corinthians 11:5, it shows that a woman can pray and prophesy in Church or in the Assembly. Therefore, they are allowed to speak. Women were not allowed to teach because this role only belong to the bishops, priests, and deacons who are men. In the bible, there were no female bishops, priests, or deacons. They are all men. Women were not allowed to become bishops, priests, or deacons.

Of course, this does not mean that women are being discriminated. In a regular household, the man is the head of the household. In God's family, Christ is the Head of the Church. Under Christ is the man who submits himself to Christ. And beside the man is the woman who stands by his side in the body of Christ. Together, both of them must submit themselves to the true head of the household, who in this case is Christ. Man and woman have different roles in the body of Christ just as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit have different roles in the Holy Trinity.

In Christ,
Selene

"That was just an example." - Selene

-- If that was "just an example" then why would you feel the need to even ask me that question in the first place?

Again, if questioning the using a man sacrificing his life for a woman that he knew and had sex with after only 72 hours, her being betrothed to another at the time, as an example of a man "protecting his wife and family" causes you to ask me if I have a problem sacrificing my life for my wife or the woman I love, then the issue isn't really with me, is it?

I saw that as an example of what "true love" is when one gives their life for another (John 15:13). Rose's fiance did not show that kind of example of how one should "love." His life meant more to him than any other human being. And he love the blue diamond more than his fiance.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Religion and mens understanding place such a burden on us, so much so that some run away from God, Coud I blame them, no, where is the freedom in Christ, it got turned into a heavy Yoke by men and there wisdom.

In His love

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Religion and mens understanding place such a burden on us, so much so that some run away from God, Coud I blame them, no, where is the freedom in Christ, it got turned into a heavy Yoke by men and there wisdom.

In His love

Perhaps you could offer your own interpretation then of why St. Paul says that women should be silent? And it was not Paul whom Jesus told "Get thee behind me, Satan." Paul was not one of the 12 Apostles who followed Jesus everywhere. Paul was the one who met Jesus AFTER Christ rose from the dead.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Perhaps you could offer your own interpretation then of why St. Paul says that women should be silent?

He's saying the perversion of this text have hindered our mission, read again:

In His love

I don't see that he has specifically spoken against any interpretation.

And it was not Paul whom Jesus told "Get thee behind me, Satan." Paul was not one of the 12 Apostles who followed Jesus everywhere. Paul was the one who met Jesus AFTER Christ rose from the dead.
What does this have to do with ANYTHING? It doesn't elevate Peter above Paul or vice versa, I'm not sure what your point is.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
[/size]
He's saying the perversion of this text have hindered our mission, read again:

Are you saying that the text in the Bible is wrong?

What does this have to do with ANYTHING? It doesn't elevate Peter above Paul or vice versa, I'm not sure what your point is.

I was only correcting him. He said that Jesus told Paul, "Get thee behind me, Satan." It was not to Paul that Jesus said this to.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Are you saying that the text in the Bible is wrong?
Now, where did I say that?

I said: "He's saying the perversion of this text have hindered our mission, read again:"

Does God pervert his own text? No... Surely I must've been talking about men perverting it. :rolleyes:

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Now, where did I say that?

I said: "He's saying the perversion of this text have hindered our mission, read again:"

Does God pervert his own text? No... Surely I must've been talking about men perverting it. :rolleyes:

Okay. So, this is the reason why I asked him if he could offer his own interpretation in the first place. If my interpretation of it is incorrect, I would like to hear his interpretation.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"I saw that as an example of what "true love" is when one gives their life for another (John 15:13). Rose's fiance did not show that kind of example of how one should "love." His life meant more to him than any other human being. And he love the blue diamond more than his fiance." - Selene

-- Ah, so if you don't love you fiance or feel he isn't treating you with respect then it is okay to cheat on him.
Poor behavior on one side does not justify or give credence to poor behavior on the other.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
"I saw that as an example of what "true love" is when one gives their life for another (John 15:13). Rose's fiance did not show that kind of example of how one should "love." His life meant more to him than any other human being. And he love the blue diamond more than his fiance." - Selene

-- Ah, so if you don't love you fiance or feel he isn't treating you with respect then it is okay to cheat on him.
Poor behavior on one side does not justify or give credence to poor behavior on the other.

The purpose of my example is to show what "true love" really is. My purpose was not to show what fornication is because everyone already knows what fornication is. True love is what people have trouble with. If people knew what love is, there would not be a lot of divorce. The higest form of "true love" is when one gives up their life to save another. Christ did the same thing. He loved us so much that He gave up His own life to save us.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The higest form of "true love" is when one gives up their life to save another.
What's funny is that while you Catholics supposedly say the Pope's purpose is to keep the RCC doctrine and teachings preserved and uniform, another Catholic on here last week said that highest form of true love was forgiveness.
LOL

Twist, ignore, distort, and change based upon the argument of the day, eh?

Reactions: Anastacia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's funny is that while you Catholics supposedly say the Pope's purpose is to keep the RCC doctrine and teachings preserved and uniform, another Catholic on here last week said that highest form of true love was forgiveness.
LOL

Twist, ignore, distort, and change based upon the argument of the day, eh?

What is so funny about differing opinions? I guess you would have made a cheap point if we claimed to be teaching Catholic doctrine, but you already know we are merely giving our opinion on Catholic doctrine.

Finally, there is actually something very much in common with 'giving your own life' and 'forgiveness' - both are high expressions of love and neither were possible before the Fall.

It is too bad that you value mocking over thinking, discussion, and learning; I've done my best to try and overcome all the negativity, but, apparently I cannot stop it.