Sin In Believers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect sin comes when we first disobey God. It creates in us a desire to disobey again, like an addiction. The more we sin, the greater the desire to sin.

When God created the heaven and the earth, along with Adam and Eve, everything was good and the Garden of Eden was without sin.

Adam and Eve were the only humans created with a free will.

Then came the command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the rest is history.

I have yet to see in these forums any one explain the nature and character of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Why it was forbidden to eat the fruit thereof and why the punishment is death if the fruit is eaten.

Well, in short, I believe the knowledge of the tree of good and evil REPRESENTS CHRST. It is He in the Godhead that experienced good and evil. He was laden with our sins who knew no sin.

Jesus is the bread that came down from heaven. It is He that WE EAT OFF TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. [John 6:30-36].

33) “For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34) Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36) But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.”

48) "I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.”
(Joh 6:48-58 AV)

I hope I've made clear the mystery of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I see that some of you are quibbling about sin. We do know sin came from Satan in the beginning. Ge. 1:1-5.

So I leave you folks with this rhetorical question: "Who has the greater sin Adam or Eve?"

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gets me is why does John, say in 1 John that those who say they have no sin, are not walking in the truth?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gets me is why does John, say in 1 John that those who say they have no sin, are not walking in the truth?

I commend anyone who try to show and express throughin Scripture what they wish to portray, but in this case, you merely cited 1 John no benefit of chapter and verse.

In fact, John says the opposite as he declares in 1 John 3:9: "Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for his seed remaineth in him: and HE CANNOT SIN, because he is BORN OF GOD.

You have heard the term "born again" and "born from above" have you not? John 1:13

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop believing the doctrines of demons of false teachers. Believe JESUS instead.

Jesus said, "The truth shall set us free." So what is The Truth? John 8:32-36 Jesus frees us from sin.

The truth is the reason why God became man, and shed His blood. The destroy the works of Satan. 1 John 3:8.

1 John 3:1-9
1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is it about your own miserable works and doings that you think you could please God with more than the sacrifice of His Son?

Martin Luther

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because of Adam's sin. Everyone born since Adam has sinned, except Jesus, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Those who don't believe this truth and say they don't have sin, do not have this truth in them, so they don't think they need a Savior. But those who confess their sins, He is faithful and just for forgive us our sin, and to cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

Doctrines of demons want to weaken us with lies that tell us that even with the blood of Jesus cleansing us from all unrighteousness is not true - we will always sin, just look at 1 John 1:8. But 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are all about those in darkness, not about someone who is born again and cannot sin. 1 John 3:9 Read #24

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it about your own miserable works and doings that you think you could please God with more than the sacrifice of His Son?

Martin Luther
Luther didn't understand that there are works like circumcision and keeping the Sabbath day that we do for ourselves to be accepted into Israel and part of the Old Covenant. But there are righteous works that Jesus does through us that we do for one another. Those are pleasing in His sight.

1 John 3:21-24
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suspect sin comes when we first disobey God.
The title of this thread should really be "Righteousness in Believers". It is simply amazing how many threads focus on sin instead of righteousness. To make a long story short Paul said "Sin SHALL NOT have dominion over you, Christian" (Rom 6:14). So why don't we take Paul at his word (which is divinely inspired)?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes believers sin. But the point was (we use the vernacular), some believers referr to themselves as sinners. Point is a sinner is one that has a sinning nature. Believers do not have a sinning nature. That is not to say they do not have sin..1John 1:8-9.. but that sin comes from soul/mind, not their spirit. A sinner according to scripture has a sinning nature.. to those that are in Christ - they have a new Christ in you nature. 1John 3:8-9.

I am definitely happy for you that you don't Mike, but unfortunately I am like Paul, I have to fight daily my bad inclinations: (Romans 7:21-25) . . .I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. 22 I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, 23 but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body. 24 Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? 25 Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin’s law.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title of this thread should really be "Righteousness in Believers". It is simply amazing how many threads focus on sin instead of righteousness. To make a long story short Paul said "Sin SHALL NOT have dominion over you, Christian" (Rom 6:14). So why don't we take Paul at his word (which is divinely inspired)?
Sin gets us into trouble, so it's good to be aware of it so we can avoid it, don't you think?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my faith is in my own repentance then I am trusting in myself and not on Christ.

There is true faith by abiding in Jesus and HE IN YOU which puts off the old man and makes you born again. And there is fake faith of seeing Jesus as an escape from hell, but no change in yourself. They are still slaves to sin. The latter is what is taught in many denominations started in the Reformation. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of Adam's sin. Everyone born since Adam has sinned, except Jesus, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Those who don't believe this truth and say they don't have sin, do not have this truth in them, so they don't think they need a Savior. But those who confess their sins, He is faithful and just for forgive us our sin, and to cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

Doctrines of demons want to weaken us with lies that tell us that even with the blood of Jesus cleansing us from all unrighteousness is not true - we will always sin, just look at 1 John 1:8. But 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are all about those in darkness, not about someone who is born again and cannot sin. 1 John 3:9 Read #24

Hello,

Your right.
You have your flesh nature.
You have the spiritual nature.

We live in both. You can choose walk by either one of them, the profitable one is to follow the spirit.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Your right.
You have your flesh nature.
You have the spiritual nature.

We live in both. You can choose walk by either one of them, the profitable one is to follow the spirit.

You are either in the flesh, or in the Spirit, but not both. Those who are born again are in the Spirit, and cannot sin.