sin in the garden of eden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
http://www.christianityboard.com/true-sin-...study-t509.htmlthis is the bible study i have recently read, and it was at first hard to take in, but i have managed with the grace of god to come to an understanding of this. I'm not sure how many of you have read it or not, but it is definately worth reading. tell me for those of you who have done so, what are your opinions or comments on this? before i read this, I was still on the "fairy tale" (so to speak) version of how sin was started, using the idea of the apple and the snake, but after reading this, it opened my eyes, and i still find it hard to accept, but i know it's truth. What I actually find hard to accept is the figurative reference to the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" as a sexual act between the serpent (satan- "shining one") and Eve. I never thought of that, i understand the language used in the tree of life (jesus), the bruising the heel, and everything else, but in terms of cain and abel being twins- because of that sexual act- I find hard. I understand it, and I know it's true, but i mean reading this now, it's hard to accept, u know what im saying?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
For me when I first learned this almost 20 years ago it turned out to be the key to allowing me to understand the whole of Gods plan how Revelaion and everything in between has rhyme and reason and follows a blueprint from beginning to end. Of course it to me several years to put it all togetherBut it certainly was the start of a wonderful Journey.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah, I've never really thought of it that way until reading it the first time. But be warned for things people say may be fault. And it is up to you to determine if whether they are a good fig, or not.

HeatherLeigh7

Mar 22, 2007
Poetboy, I learned this when I was 11 years old. It was also the key to me understanding the rest of what the Bible says.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I won't comment on anything other than I believe what is written and I will not apologize for it.This was certainly like the first big step of a long journey. As the others have said, it explains so many things. I will say that the fairytale version does still hit at the truth, but to truly grasp the powers at work against our Father, you have to understand what went on in the garden.Just like I'll say for anything else, you always have to take this stuff to God but that involves studying his Word. It's something we all need to do more of for sure.This isn't about winning debates or finding those that agree, but I appreciate your support and feedback is welcome.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
When you hear something you have never heard like this, you should put it on the shelf of your mind. Let it drive you into Gods word to find if it is true and are their other things men have never taught you. For me it made me what to stop listening to men and see if God really tells us this and what other things did I never hear. I found the answers to every question I ever had. The ones men could never give me. So if you are not sure you believe it thats fine even normal but let it drive you to his word to investigate. You might be surprised what you find.