Sin to be a Revolutionist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Like others, I commend your zeal but I wonder if it is according to knowledge. Christ was revolutionary in that He choose the way of the cross. He could have fought those who were unjust but chose instead to keep silent because that is what His Father as leading him to do. What would truly be revolutionary is if you and others let God's Spirit control you and did what He said to do when He said to do it. What God does can be considered revolutionary because it is so different than what the natural man expects or will tolerate.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
hey warrior. exactly what are you taking a stand against in this thread. i need to know what you stand against. also, how old are you?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
hey warrior. exactly what are you taking a stand against in this thread. i need to know what you stand against. also, how old are you?

I am 17 years old and I am taking a strong stand against the whole system....If the world tells me I need to calm down, I will yell louder, If the world tells me this, I do that. What ever happens I only trust and fear God. Im so sick of the government, schools, White house, Media, news, LIES. Im also sick of the way My peers and childhood friends are all posers now too

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
well warrior have you taken any of these posts to heart yet?
God has placed government, schools, ect over you. it is a part of his order. furthermore, we are only to go against these establishments when they are against the word of God.(like if you are told something unbiblical like don't pray in school) simply doing one thing because they say to do the other is rebelious.
the word says that rebelion is the same as witch craft.
is any of this settling in for you?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
well warrior have you taken any of these posts to heart yet?
God has placed government, schools, ect over you. it is a part of his order. furthermore, we are only to go against these establishments when they are against the word of God.(like if you are told something unbiblical like don't pray in school) simply doing one thing because they say to do the other is rebelious.
the word says that rebelion is the same as witch craft.
is any of this settling in for you?
NO NO NO NO!!!! That is not true by any imagination...This government and schools are the same people who want us not to preach. they dont give a crap about us, therefore to hell with them. I am my own man

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
let me just quote your own words here: "i am my own man." that is what the devil wants us to believe about ourselves, that we are our own man. but in reality when we think we are our own man we are playing his game.
in the garden when the serpent tempted eve and adam he said, you will be like God, in other words, you will be your own man.
it's the devils oldest lie.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
It sounds like someone is being overtaken by the 'cares of this world.' I can't say I blame him, because I've been there too. The time of the end is near, and all this going on in the world today is prelude to that fact. However, I will love my country and I took an oath to fight, even to die, to protect her from enemys foreign and domestic. Right now those enemies seem to be coming from inside. I will not raise an army, but I will fight with one should the time come. Give me liberty, or give me death. Death doesn't scare me, sticks and stones do, though. please don't throw sticks and stones (haha)

We Christians should never 'bash' anyone. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because we have become so un-Christ-like and we do too much bashing. The only ones Jesus ever bashed was those religious people who thought the were doing a good job at keeping the law, because they were bashing those not-so-good at keeping the law. If we wouldn't be bashing others so much, they would see the love and want what we've got--Jesus. Our sin is no better than anyone elses that we can bash them for their's. If we were truly humble, we would see that the only reason people do the things they do, is because they are hurting and they are deceived. It's our job to pray for them and to show them the truth.

That's what i think, anyway.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Christianity is all about the greater good. If the propects of rebellion do not make things better, then the intent means nothing. It is commonly said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, but not everyone sees the true meaning of that.
One has to discern the difference in prospect and the consequences of vainglory.

For example, I see that the OP speaks upon Tupac Shakur, the famous 90's rapper who is notable for his rebellious slurs on government and racism.
The truth is that he was not adequate. What prospect came from him other then racism and promoting a 'gangster' agenda? He even blasphemes the Mother Mary in one of his songs.
This is not kosher rebellion, and should not be considered a way for Christians to follow. Anything can be judged by it's fruit, and what is the fruit that you see from Tupac?
It's a pretty simple observation. One is far better off following Martin Luther King Jr.- look at the fruit he produced. You should not follow those such as Tupac.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
rand said:
It sounds like someone is being overtaken by the 'cares of this world.' I can't say I blame him, because I've been there too. The time of the end is near, and all this going on in the world today is prelude to that fact. However, I will love my country and I took an oath to fight, even to die, to protect her from enemys foreign and domestic. Right now those enemies seem to be coming from inside. I will not raise an army, but I will fight with one should the time come. Give me liberty, or give me death. Death doesn't scare me, sticks and stones do, though. please don't throw sticks and stones (haha)

We Christians should never 'bash' anyone. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because we have become so un-Christ-like and we do too much bashing. The only ones Jesus ever bashed was those religious people who thought the were doing a good job at keeping the law, because they were bashing those not-so-good at keeping the law. If we wouldn't be bashing others so much, they would see the love and want what we've got--Jesus. Our sin is no better than anyone elses that we can bash them for their's. If we were truly humble, we would see that the only reason people do the things they do, is because they are hurting and they are deceived. It's our job to pray for them and to show them the truth.

That's what i think, anyway.
could you give me some broad examples of this so called bashing? up until reading warriors posts, i've never heard christians bashing anything. maybe i'm sheltered but i just don't see it. what exactly do christians bash so much that it brings us to the point we are in?

people respond hostily to the gospel because they are of the world and anti-christ not due to being bashed by christians.

and because they don't want to be convicted of their sin. preaching against sin and preaching the gospel is not bashing.