Sins of the Flesh not Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catholicism does not believe in the blood Atonement.

571 The Paschal mystery of Christ's cross and Resurrection stands at the centre of the Good News that the apostles, and the Church following them, are to proclaim to the world. God's saving plan was accomplished "once for all" by the redemptive death of his Son Jesus Christ.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText

try again...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catholics and Protestants cannot fall away from the truth because they never had it in the first place.

Hello Desire,

Really? then who had it? those with Constantinople? Those with Alexandria? who else can claim to be the community established by Christ, through the apostles...

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. Thus we know this is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
571 The Paschal mystery of Christ's cross and Resurrection stands at the centre of the Good News that the apostles, and the Church following them, are to proclaim to the world. God's saving plan was accomplished "once for all" by the redemptive death of his Son Jesus Christ.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText

try again...
Three paragraphs and not one mention of the Atonement through His blood. Whereas the page previous offers us a great deal on Christ's life. I'm not kidding. Catholicism does not accept the Atonement through the blood of Christ as being sufficient for our redemption.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since I'm Born AGain of the Holy SPirit, in indwelled by Him, I'm "Peter's successor" just like every other Born again Christian has always be.

You should check the original language and grammar about your "Binding and Loosing" fantasy. It'll be surprising.

Scripture supports our doctrine not yours

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Three paragraphs and not one mention of the Atonement through His blood. Whereas the page previous offers us a great deal on Christ's life. I'm not kidding. Catholicism does not accept the Atonement through the blood of Christ as being sufficient for our redemption.

Hello Backlit,

What part of "God's saving plan was accomplished "once for all" by the redemptive death of his Son Jesus Christ." do you not understand? Perhaps this will clear it up for you:

613 Christ's death is both the Paschal sacrifice that accomplishes the definitive redemption of men, through "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world", and the sacrifice of the New Covenant, which restores man to communion with God by reconciling him to God through the "blood of the covenant, which was poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins".

614 This sacrifice of Christ is unique; it completes and surpasses all other sacrifices. First, it is a gift from God the Father himself, for the Father handed his Son over to sinners in order to reconcile us with himself. At the same time it is the offering of the Son of God made man, who in freedom and love offered his life to his Father through the Holy Spirit in reparation for our disobedience.

Jesus substitutes his obedience for our disobedience

615 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by one man's obedience many will be made righteous." By his obedience unto death, Jesus accomplished the substitution of the suffering Servant, who "makes himself an offering for sin", when "he bore the sin of many", and who "shall make many to be accounted righteous", for "he shall bear their iniquities". Jesus atoned for our faults and made satisfaction for our sins to the Father.

Jesus consummates his sacrifice on the cross

616 It is love "to the end" that confers on Christ's sacrifice its value as redemption and reparation, as atonement and satisfaction. He knew and loved us all when he offered his life. Now "the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died." No man, not even the holiest, was ever able to take on himself the sins of all men and offer himself as a sacrifice for all. the existence in Christ of the divine person of the Son, who at once surpasses and embraces all human persons, and constitutes himself as the Head of all mankind, makes possible his redemptive sacrifice for all.

(bolding by me)

Pax et Bonum!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: OUR DENOMINATIONAL INTERPRETATION of Scripture supports our doctrine, and not yours.

Same claim every other denominational group makes. Not too convincing.

I'll stick with MY Interpretation.

show me a denomination in scripture
And personal interpretation is forbidden

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Oh brother.

This operates on the assumption that the Catholic Church has operated exactly as the early church did for the last 2,000 years now, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. Then they raised the dead, today the Catholic Church just prays for them. Then they went about poorly clothed and wore no ecclesiastical garb, yet today Priests, Bishops and Popes are decked out like Christmas trees. Then services were unscripted, and governed by the gifts of the Spirit in operation, especially tongues, prophecy, and interpretation. Today, Catholic services are as scripted in the flesh as they could be, usually with a total absence of the operation of the supernatural gifts; just sit down, stand up, recite something, sit back down, kneel, sit back up. Pure liturgical exercise, at the expense of truly Spirit-filled, Spirit-led meetings where the Spirit of God Himself is speaking and directing the service.

Many of your doctrines are of your denomination's own private interpretations, Thee faith, utterly divorced from what the Spirit of God is saying to the churches, and you are misusing the above passage to make a case for the opposite.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Galatians had formed their own -

Not true at all 1 john 2:27

So then why Does the "Holy Roman Catholic Church" ignore Scripture and produce their own "Private Interpretation" according to their phony "Tradition".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh brother.

This operates on the assumption that the Catholic Church has operated exactly as the early church did for the last 2,000 years now, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. Then they raised the dead, today the Catholic Church just prays for them. Then they went about poorly clothed and wore no ecclesiastical garb, yet today Priests, Bishops and Popes are decked out like Christmas trees.
on the contrary christ is high priest so there must be low priests
Also christ wore special garb
The seamless garment of the high priest for one!

Then services were unscripted, and governed by the gifts of the Spirit in operation, especially tongues, prophecy, and interpretation. Today, Catholic services are as scripted in the flesh as they could be, usually with a total absence of the operation of the supernatural gifts; just sit down, stand up, recite something, sit back down, kneel, sit back up. Pure liturgical exercise, at the expense of truly Spirit-filled, Spirit-led meetings where the Spirit of God Himself is speaking and directing the service.

the liturgy is the same since christ first offered it
Lambs a sheep like calm waters and green pastures always the same and predictable

It’s a flock of goats that rock!

Many of your doctrines are of your denomination's own private interpretations, Thee faith, utterly divorced from what the Spirit of God is saying to the churches, and you are misusing the above passage to make a case for the opposite.

there are no denominations only the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

what specific doctrine are you referring to?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Galatians had formed their own -

Not true at all 1 john 2:27

So then why Does the "Holy Roman Catholic Church" ignore Scripture and produce their own "Private Interpretation" according to their phony "Tradition".

the holy church has authority from Christ to publicly declare the truth. Matt 28:19
To say what is and what is not the cannon of scripture and to provide the authoritative interpretation of all scripture! Publicly!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike heretics and their total disregard for truth! Spiritual anarchy is all you know

God by His holy church in hierarchical authority establishes peace and order!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So says the Pope. Growing up as a child in that church I was inundated with warnings and threats aimed at dissuading me from committing such heinous acts against myself and my fellow man...or woman. Now, he of whom it is said cannot lie when it comes to spiritual matters, informs us all that such things are not worthy of our attention. Along with the current global impetus to join this man's organization in an all embracing love affair with compromise and tolerance, and the forbidding of preaching the gospel and encouraging anyone to join your church as opposed to another devoid of truth and the Spirit of God, this latest announcement is but another sobering indictment against this man and his apostate counterfeit.
I am a Protestant, but I do believe Catholics are our brothers and sisters.
I think when you want to rebuke or criticize someone for saying something, shouldn't you at least quote them accurately ... to be fair?

Pope Francis says ‘sins of the flesh’ aren’t that ‘serious’
By Hannah Frishberg

>>> Okay, even the writer's headline is not that accurate. He is not saying they aren't serious, he is giving perspective and comparing sins less serious than others.<<<

"Lust is not the worst of the seven deadly sins", Pope Francis.

>> I would agree with that.<<

"There are worse indiscretions than sex outside of marriage" Pope

Sins of the flesh are not the most serious,” the 84-year-old religious leader said regarding sex outside of marriage. "Top transgressions instead include pride and hatred" according to Reuters.

>> I agree with that. Sexual sins are against your own body. If they concern a spouse, than it is more serious.<<

>>We can say coveting is not as bad as stealing. It leads to it, but to covet is a desire and thoughts, nit necessarily actions.
We can say stealing is not as bad as murder, and so on, dishonoring parents not as bad as hating them.
It is just perspective he's giving.
We all can agree with the Pope that pride and hate are more serious than most sins. Pride keeps us from God.

Besides Christ washed your sins away and your flesh is on all accounts dead - almost but not yet. In the realm of heaven, outside our time domain, your flesh is dead and your spirit is washed pure, white as snow. We are just waiting for our redemption to be complete, the ressurection of our bodies.<<