Sins of the Flesh not Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So says the Pope. Growing up as a child in that church I was inundated with warnings and threats aimed at dissuading me from committing such heinous acts against myself and my fellow man...or woman. Now, he of whom it is said cannot lie when it comes to spiritual matters, informs us all that such things are not worthy of our attention. Along with the current global impetus to join this man's organization in an all embracing love affair with compromise and tolerance, and the forbidding of preaching the gospel and encouraging anyone to join your church as opposed to another devoid of truth and the Spirit of God, this latest announcement is but another sobering indictment against this man and his apostate counterfeit.

Reactions: Nancy

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is sin and comes in all sizes and shapes.

So the Pope wants' to make stealing a candy bar at the store not as bad as a smash and grab of millions of dollars of jewelry? Perhaps the Pope is siding with the Mayor of San Francisco that stated any theft of less than $950 (I don't recall the exact amount) will not be prosecuted. Presumably, the poor need to make ends meet. But stealing a million dollar necklace is needed to make ends meet? The question is where does the 'line' get drawn in their eyes?

Some years back, my ex-wife, the Catholic, that I left 29 years ago, stated that only 'mortal' sins need to be confessed to the priests, not all sins. So that 'line' got drawn 10-15 years ago. So I guess it's OK for Catholics to steal candy bars and even cars as they're not 'mortal sins'.

It's interesting to see how much the Roman Catholic Church has departed from the truths in Gods' engrafted Word. Here's a few examples of how God views sin:

Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Psalm 51:2-5
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Psalm_119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 2:15-16
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(KJV)

I don't know about you, but I can't find anywhere in Gods' Word that indicate 'except for' or 'doesn't count' in reference to sin. Can you?

Knowing, too, that the Catholic Church doesn't count Jesus' death on the cross as the 100% perfect and complete payment for all our sins, I guess they presume that lots of 'works' will finish the task for salvation.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Knowing, too, that the Catholic Church doesn't count Jesus' death on the cross as the 100% perfect and complete payment for all our sins, I guess they presume that lots of 'works' will finish the task for salvation.

Catholicism does not believe in the blood Atonement. They believe the merits of Christ's life, not death, is their Salvation. And they add to that the merits of Mary, Joseph (not so much, less meritorious I suppose), and thousands of saints. All those merits deposited into the Vatican bank and ready to be disposed to the needy as required. Even the dead in purgatory can be given an early parole if the merits of someone is sufficient to convince the board.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So says the Pope. Growing up as a child in that church I was inundated with warnings and threats aimed at dissuading me from committing such heinous acts against myself and my fellow man...or woman. Now, he of whom it is said cannot lie when it comes to spiritual matters, informs us all that such things are not worthy of our attention. Along with the current global impetus to join this man's organization in an all embracing love affair with compromise and tolerance, and the forbidding of preaching the gospel and encouraging anyone to join your church as opposed to another devoid of truth and the Spirit of God, this latest announcement is but another sobering indictment against this man and his apostate counterfeit.

Hi Backlit,
Agreed, the pope is leading over a billion people over a cliff with his all inclusive one world religion. Many Protestants are also joining in. I believe this is the :great falling away" spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:3

If anyone attends a church that does NOT encourage you strongly to keep your nose in the bible...you will never know what is happening right in front of your nose.

God save your church!

Reactions: Mantis and Pearl

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Backlit,
Agreed, the pope is leading over a billion people over a cliff with his all inclusive one world religion. Many Protestants are also joining in. I believe this is the :great falling away" spoken of in 2 Thessalonians 2:3

If anyone attends a church that does NOT encourage you strongly to keep your nose in the bible...you will never know what is happening right in front of your nose.

God save your church!
Have you ever considered that the "falling away" referred to the establishment of the Papacy beginning in the 4th century, which revealed the true Antichrist, the one sitting in the temple of God, the church, proclaiming himself to be God by taking upon Himself the prerogatives of God in judgement and salvation?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that the "falling away" referred to the establishment of the Papacy beginning in the 4th century, which revealed the true Antichrist, the one sitting in the temple of God, the church, proclaiming himself to be God by taking upon Himself the prerogatives of God in judgement and salvation?

Nope, never did. And who was this Pope, or Bishop of Rome perhaps....?
It has been happening all along IMHO, it is just that, at this day and age it's easier to see how the pieces start to fit together and form a picture in our minds. I sure don't have it down solid, by any means. It's when ya can "agree" with several different viewpoints with all this trib. stuff and still don't know which is correct one, it is put on a shelf with me. And until and unless He reveals it, or moves me to one view over another...on the shelf it stays...with the elf. :D

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was once asked by a forum moderator, not this forum,
“Do you believe that ‘the man of sin’ is an actual person or just figurative of a type of people?”

The above is an interesting question. There is much debate over whether the Antichrist is an individual, as it is propagated in futurist circles, or a system. Following is my answer:

The Antichrist is revealed to us through scripture in several different ways. In Daniel 2 he is the mixture of iron and clay. In Daniel 7 he is the little horn. In 2 Thess the man of sin and son of perdition, and in Revelation 13 the first beast.
I have mentioned before that Nebuchadnezzar was the representative of the entire empire, so also with the ‘man of sin’. Below is an excerpt from a sermon by the renowned preacher and writer Puritan Thomas Manton in the 17th century. Charles Spurgeon testified to Mantons works as being “a mighty mountain of sound theology”

But because he is called the man of sin, here it cometh fitly to be inquired whether Antichrist be an individual person? for ‘that man of sin’ would seem to be some single person. No; he is put for a society and succession of men, that make up the head of the apostate state. As one lion figured the whole kingdom of the Babylonians, and one bear the kingdom of the Medes and Persians, and one leopard the kingdom of the Grecians, Dan. 7, — and there the fourth beast is the fourth kingdom, — so one person that succession of men that head the revolters from Christ. So Dan. 8, a goat figured a succession of kings; so the Assyrian, Isa. 10:5, several kings in that empire; so Isa. 14:9, the king of Babylon, meaning not one but many. So this man of sin doth not note a single man, but a succession of men, a body politic or corporate, under one opposite head to the kingdom of Christ: so the ‘man of God’ is put for all faithful ministers, 2 Tim. 3:17; so ‘honour the king,’ I Peter 2:17, series regum. So o arciereus, Heb. 9:25, ‘The high priest every year entereth into the holy place;’ meaning not one, but the succession of the order; and in reason it must needs be so here. Because Antichrist, from his beginning to his end, from his rise and revelation, till his ruin and destruction, will take up such a long track of time, as cannot fall within the age of any one man, even from the time of the apostles till the end of the world. Antichrist is the head of the apostasy; for here the apostasy and the revelation of the man of sin are tied together; now the mysterious apostasy could not be perfected in a short time.

In this sermon, Manton, like many reformers before and after, was applying the prophecy of 2 Thess. concerning the man of sin directly to the papal system.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once asked by a forum moderator, not this forum,
“Do you believe that ‘the man of sin’ is an actual person or just figurative of a type of people?”

The above is an interesting question. There is much debate over whether the Antichrist is an individual, as it is propagated in futurist circles, or a system. Following is my answer:

The Antichrist is revealed to us through scripture in several different ways. In Daniel 2 he is the mixture of iron and clay. In Daniel 7 he is the little horn. In 2 Thess the man of sin and son of perdition, and in Revelation 13 the first beast.
I have mentioned before that Nebuchadnezzar was the representative of the entire empire, so also with the ‘man of sin’. Below is an excerpt from a sermon by the renowned preacher and writer Puritan Thomas Manton in the 17th century. Charles Spurgeon testified to Mantons works as being “a mighty mountain of sound theology”

But because he is called the man of sin, here it cometh fitly to be inquired whether Antichrist be an individual person? for ‘that man of sin’ would seem to be some single person. No; he is put for a society and succession of men, that make up the head of the apostate state. As one lion figured the whole kingdom of the Babylonians, and one bear the kingdom of the Medes and Persians, and one leopard the kingdom of the Grecians, Dan. 7, — and there the fourth beast is the fourth kingdom, — so one person that succession of men that head the revolters from Christ. So Dan. 8, a goat figured a succession of kings; so the Assyrian, Isa. 10:5, several kings in that empire; so Isa. 14:9, the king of Babylon, meaning not one but many. So this man of sin doth not note a single man, but a succession of men, a body politic or corporate, under one opposite head to the kingdom of Christ: so the ‘man of God’ is put for all faithful ministers, 2 Tim. 3:17; so ‘honour the king,’ I Peter 2:17, series regum. So o arciereus, Heb. 9:25, ‘The high priest every year entereth into the holy place;’ meaning not one, but the succession of the order; and in reason it must needs be so here. Because Antichrist, from his beginning to his end, from his rise and revelation, till his ruin and destruction, will take up such a long track of time, as cannot fall within the age of any one man, even from the time of the apostles till the end of the world. Antichrist is the head of the apostasy; for here the apostasy and the revelation of the man of sin are tied together; now the mysterious apostasy could not be perfected in a short time.

In this sermon, Manton, like many reformers before and after, was applying the prophecy of 2 Thess. concerning the man of sin directly to the papal system.

I've no doubt it all originates from Rome. Also, I believe Nero was the AC in John's day. I once looked up the term "Pope", do not remember them all but there were different titles for the same office...over the many years, it morphed into "Pope".

Picturing the Pope leading this apostacy...actually he is! Things coming from that man are so very un biblical. But, all most of those that "follow" the man have no clue what the scriptures say and of course, listen to "the church" (Rome) It is becoming Kum-Ba-Ya time for those who follow this false religion because all they will teach is "love"...NOTHING about sin, repentance, righteousness, judgement. All of the characteristics of God, and they choose to believe that "love" will override their sin. It's all the wrong kind of love anyhow...they are going to HATE bible believers. They decide to put God in a box and only acknowledge His great "love" to the dismissal of ALL those other things that God is. I feel sorry for them and, nobody today wants to hear a thing so, we choose our own path and will pay the price, for sure.

Good article and I love Spurgeon, so this guy is probably pretty on.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Backlit,

God save your church!
Catholics and Protestants cannot fall away from the truth because they never had it in the first place. That warning is specifically for the people in the true Church of God. It is the people in this organization that has been given the truth and are liable to fall away from it. Honest research into the Reformation and the beliefs of the men who led it shows the Reformers' only real issue was with the Catholic church's ecclesiastical authority and that none of them ever completely rejected Catholicism.

The fact that Protestants would start to re-align themselves with the doctrines of the pope is not a surprise to anyone who Isaiah prophesied about this(Isa. 47:1-8). What is happening is a matter of Protestants returning to their mother church as Isaiah said they would, not a falling away. Rev. 17:5 makes it clear that Protestantism has never been anything other than a collection of Catholic splinter groups, so it makes perfect sense that Protestants would return to the fold if a pope was a skilled enough orator to take advantage of the fact that their religions are a lot more similar than they are different.
While the papacy takes divine prerogatives upon itself, the falling away clearly doesn't refer to the papacy. Paul was extremely clear that the falling away would be led by someone who was in the true Church of God, not paganized "Christian" churches.

The term "temple of God" was never meant to be read as Paul referring to a physical temple at all. Paul was saying that this leader in God's Church would take the authority upon himself to intentionally deceive God's Church to the point where it looks like all the other churches in this world that teaches against God's commandments. In other words, Paul's warning in these passage is a prophecy of the Laodicean era.

Proof of this lies in the fact that Paul clearly mentions that this was supposed to take place just before Christ returns. More proof lies in the fact that Paul stated in verse 7 that the "mystery of lawlessness" was at work, and that somebody was not allowing it take full control of the Church. This is a direct parallel verse to what is written in Rev. 3 about the Philadelphian era where it shows why this mystery wouldn't be allowed to take full control: the man who led this era did not reject God's government structure or His commandments. Once that man died(or as Paul put it, "taken out of the way"), the man of sin was able to lead the Church away from that structure and into the belief that God's commandments aren't to be kept.
I've no doubt it all originates from Rome. Also, I believe Nero was the AC in John's day. I once looked up the term "Pope", do not remember them all but there were different titles for the same office...over the many years, it morphed into "Pope".

Picturing the Pope leading this apostacy...actually he is! Things coming from that man are so very un biblical. But, all most of those that "follow" the man have no clue what the scriptures say and of course, listen to "the church" (Rome) It is becoming Kum-Ba-Ya time for those who follow this false religion because all they will teach is "love"...NOTHING about sin, repentance, righteousness, judgement. All of the characteristics of God, and they choose to believe that "love" will override their sin. It's all the wrong kind of love anyhow...they are going to HATE bible believers. They decide to put God in a box and only acknowledge His great "love" to the dismissal of ALL those other things that God is. I feel sorry for them and, nobody today wants to hear a thing so, we choose our own path and will pay the price, for sure.

Good article and I love Spurgeon, so this guy is probably pretty on.
Thanks for sharing. :)
Nero had committed suicide within a few months after he had Paul beheaded, so it clearly wasn't him. Revelation is exclusively an end-time book because the book that provides the key to understanding it(Daniel) is also exclusively for the end-time. As Rev. 1:1 says, the purpose of the book is to show future events. The pope is also clearly not the one who will lead the apostasy because Rev. 13 shows he is leading Satan's counterfeit church. People really need to study what the Bible actually teach for themselves instead of subscribing to the fantasies of their favorite theologians.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics and Protestants cannot fall away from the truth because they never had it in the first place. That warning is specifically for the people in the true Church of God. It is the people in this organization that has been given the truth and are liable to fall away from it. Honest research into the Reformation and the beliefs of the men who led it shows the Reformers' only real issue was with the Catholic church's ecclesiastical authority and that none of them ever completely rejected Catholicism.

The fact that Protestants would start to re-align themselves with the doctrines of the pope is not a surprise to anyone who Isaiah prophesied about this(Isa. 47:1-8). What is happening is a matter of Protestants returning to their mother church as Isaiah said they would, not a falling away. Rev. 17:5 makes it clear that Protestantism has never been anything other than a collection of Catholic splinter groups, so it makes perfect sense that Protestants would return to the fold if a pope was a skilled enough orator to take advantage of the fact that their religions are a lot more similar than they are different.
While the papacy takes divine prerogatives upon itself, the falling away clearly doesn't refer to the papacy. Paul was extremely clear that the falling away would be led by someone who was in the true Church of God, not paganized "Christian" churches.

The term "temple of God" was never meant to be read as Paul referring to a physical temple at all. Paul was saying that this leader in God's Church would take the authority upon himself to intentionally deceive God's Church to the point where it looks like all the other churches in this world that teaches against God's commandments. In other words, Paul's warning in these passage is a prophecy of the Laodicean era.

Proof of this lies in the fact that Paul clearly mentions that this was supposed to take place just before Christ returns. More proof lies in the fact that Paul stated in verse 7 that the "mystery of lawlessness" was at work, and that somebody was not allowing it take full control of the Church. This is a direct parallel verse to what is written in Rev. 3 about the Philadelphian era where it shows why this mystery wouldn't be allowed to take full control: the man who led this era did not reject God's government structure or His commandments. Once that man died(or as Paul put it, "taken out of the way"), the man of sin was able to lead the Church away from that structure and into the belief that God's commandments aren't to be kept.
Nero had committed suicide within a few months after he had Paul beheaded, so it clearly wasn't him. Revelation is exclusively an end-time book because the book that provides the key to understanding it(Daniel) is also exclusively for the end-time. As Rev. 1:1 says, the purpose of the book is to show future events. The pope is also clearly not the one who will lead the apostasy because Rev. 13 shows he is leading Satan's counterfeit church. People really need to study what the Bible actually teach for themselves instead of subscribing to the fantasies of their favorite theologians.

I did not even quote a theologian. And how can someone from the "True Church" be the A.C.??

I was not at all saying Nero was the A/C. I believe the office of "Pope" derived from Him ("many antichrists'?) It's the office that morphed from Bishop of Rome and other titles I cannot remember now, into "Pope".

"The Annuario Pontificio, the official directory of the Holy See, describes the office of the pope by the following titles: Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Patriarch of the West, Primate of Italy, Metropolitan Archbishop of the Province of Rome, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God. The title pope or papa (abbreviated PP.) is officially used only as a less solemn style."
pope | Definition, Title, List of Popes, & Facts

The only "Papa"/ Abba is God Himself. No man.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul was extremely clear that the falling away would be led by someone who was in the true Church of God, not paganized "Christian" churches.
That's fairly obvious don't you think? One cannot fall away from apostasy, but rather into apostasy. That word used for falling away means divorce. One cannot divorce unless first there is a genuine relationship.

Before Pergamos became the subject of John's letter to the church there in the 1st century, Pergamos was the capital of the Roman province of Asia minor. Before even that, the city had become the haven for the exiled Chaldean priesthood when Cyrus defeated Beltashazzar, final king of Babylon before the Meda/Persian reign.
But the Romans continued the pagan worship on the high hill of Pergamos, dedicating one temple to Zeus, and another to Asclepius, the serpent god...a god who instructed man... a healing serpent wrapped around a pole.
Just I little FYI.
Oh. And those Babylonian mystery pagan beliefs and idolatrous worship was transferred to Rome itself after the death of the last king of Pergamos in the 2nd century bc. The Christian emperor Gratian in the 4th? Century refused the titles and baubles of that pagan office... The title of pontifex maximus, the vestments and honors of the mysteries... Those ended up with the bishop of Rome of that time, Damasus. And so the Catholic Church which grew from those pagan roots was at first a true church, but fell away... Becoming a global apostate counterfeit claiming the prerogatives of God. How big or more far reaching do you need the falling away to be before you call it prophetically mandated?
Just a little history for your contemplation.

The term "temple of God" was never meant to be read as Paul referring to a physical temple at all.
Agree. And didn't suggest it was.
the purpose of the book is to show future events
True. All prophecy is to reveal future events... Also rather obvious. The question is, future to who? One could go on forever saying it's still future. And completely miss the fulfillment, just as the Jews did in Christ's incarnation. But what if prophecy was designed to be future to the prophet, and begin to be fulfilled the next day, and continue to be unraveled and revealed throughout history? Some prophecies concerning Christ were even given a specific starting time... Others concerning the Antichrist, and the persecuted church, specific life times. Not everything is all bunched up in some imagined future short space of time.

Reactions: quietthinker

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has more errors than a dog has fleas!

don’t even know where to begin!

doubts about Francis ok but doubts about the papacy are attacking Christ who founded it! When He founded the church on Peter! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22
Keys of the kingdom!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So says the Pope.

It SEEMS that the "College of Cardinals" of the "One and ONLY True Church of Jesus Christ in the world" would have, in their "infinite wisdom", and "Spiritual discernment", as "direct successors of the very APOSTLES THEMSELVES, - would have elected a "Pope" that was a Catholic, and maybe even a Christian!!! - instead of the wild eyed universalist that Bergoglio apparently is.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When He founded the church on Peter!

Except, of course God didn't "Found" ANYTHING on Peter at all. The Foundation of the Church was THE REVELATION TO PETER of the truth about Jesus BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Read it for yourself (Mat 16-17).

Jesus was clear that Peter didn't speak" of himself" by his own wisdom, but as the Holy Spirit had REVEALED it to him. THAT REVELATION is foundation and sustainer of the church, and ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS have access to the Same Spirit, the SAME wisdom, and the SAME KEYS to the kingdom.

You seem to forget that Jesus almost immediately accused Peter of speaking as he was inspired by SATAN when he rebuked Jesus for talking about His death (Mat 16-23).

The "Papacy", while it has had a few bright spots, is nothing generally but a bad joke in Christendom. HEY!!! Even the Catholics consider Leo-10 (one of the De Medici political Popes) to have been a really lousy choice (in Luther's day).

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It SEEMS that the "College of Cardinals" of the "One and ONLY True Church of Jesus Christ in the world" would have, in their "infinite wisdom", and "Spiritual discernment", as "direct successors of the very APOSTLES THEMSELVES, - would have elected a "Pope" that was a Catholic, and maybe even a Christian!!! - instead of the wild eyed universalist that Bergoglio apparently is.
Except, of course God didn't "Found" ANYTHING on Peter at all. The Foundation of the Church was THE REVELATION TO PETER of the truth about Jesus BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Jesus was clear that Peter didn't speak" of himself" by his own wisdom, but as the Holy Spirit had REVEALED it to him. THAT REVELATION is foundation and sustainer of the church, and ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS have access to the Same Spirit, the SAME wisdom, and the SAME KEYS to the kingdom.

You seem to forget that Jesus almost immediately accused Peter of speaking as he was inspired by SATAN when he rebuked Jesus for talking about His death.

The "Papacy", while it has had a few bright spots, is nothing generally but a bad joke in Christendom. Even the Catholics consider Leo-10 (one of the De Medici political Popes) to have been a really lousy choice (in Luther's day).

Christ founded the church on a confession??

Only Peter and his successors have the keys (jurisdictional authority) from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ founded the church on a confession??

Nope - Jesus FOUNDED THE CHURCH on THE SOURCE of Peter's "confession". The SOURCE of Peter's confession was the Revelation of the HOLY SPIRIT, who will lead us into all truth. 1 John 2:27

ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS have the same access to the Holy SPirit, and to Wisdom that comes from the Holy SPirit IN The Born Again Christian, and the Holy SPirit ON the person (as it was on Peter when he made his profession).

(1 John 2:27) "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - Jesus FOUNDED THE CHURCH on THE SOURCE of Peter's "confession". The SOURCE of Peter's confession was the Revelation of the HOLY SPIRIT, who will lead us into all truth. 1 John 2:27

ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS have the same access to the Holy SPirit, and to Wisdom that comes from the Holy SPirit IN The Born Again Christian, and the Holy SPirit ON the person (as it was on Peter when he made his profession).

(1 John 2:27) "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

what about the requirements of revelation by Christ must be taught by the church of the apostles?
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 20:21-22 acts 8:31 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3?????????????

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about the requirements of revelation by Christ must be taught by the church of the apostles?
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 20:21-22 acts 8:31 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3?????????????

No Problem at all. The "Church of the Apostles" is found pretty much across the Board among Bible Believeing and Born Again Spirit filled Christians.

ROME wants to be the "Only true Church of the Apostles in the WORLD - but the poor fools aren't even close, having tossed the Orthodox church, and the BIBLE under the bus, and cobbling together their own pathetic "Traditions" as being more important than God's WORD, and their phony "Blessed VIrgin" and a gaggle of "Canonized Saints" who need to "advise" / "Armtwist" Jesus" so He "gets it right".

You seem to not even know what your collection of Scriptures even say.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Problem at all. The "Church of the Apostles" is found pretty much across the Board among Bible Believeing and Born Again Spirit filled Christians.

ROME wants to be the "Only true Church of the Apostles in the WORLD - but the poor fools aren't even close, having tossed the Orthodox church, and the BIBLE under the bus, and cobbling together their own pathetic "Traditions" as being more important than God's WORD, and their phony "Blessed VIrgin" and a gaggle of "Canonized Saints" who need to "advise" / "Armtwist" Jesus" so He "gets it right".

You seem to not even know what your collection of Scriptures even say.

I would like to see a list of those apostles and their connections all the way back to Christ????????

Only Peter and his successors have the keys of the kingdom! Jurisdictional authority from Christ! Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18-19

why does Jesus demand the successors of Moses be obeyed in matt 23????

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Peter and his successors have the keys of the kingdom!

And since I'm Born AGain of the Holy SPirit, in indwelled by Him, I'm "Peter's successor" just like every other Born again Christian has always be.

You should check the original language and grammar about your "Binding and Loosing" fantasy. It'll be surprising.