SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I have learned to work out our differences respectfully... You do have a gift with being able to communicate with respect... and I feel that I possess the same gift. It is something that is indeed lacking in this world... not only in forums.. but in real life.

I have read what you have written... "this post" is lovely... but to continue debating with you over legalism... is not fruitful... and so earlier this week... you and I publicly and with respect... decided to end the debating. I do not consider you a lesser Christian for what you believe... I do not consider you an enemy... but I do consider your beliefs dangerous for the new believer. That is not something I am able to change my mind on.

Like you... I see so much anger to the point of rage in these forums. Very unbecoming behaviour indeed...Yet people seem to enjoy the back and forth "defending" of their beliefs to BELIEVERS... I don't understand this type of communication. Much of what happens here has NOTHING to do with iron sharpening iron... but rather a FEEDING of SUPERIORITY.

You have been in forums for years... stating the very same things... over and over again... I don't understand why you would desire to waste your breath and your time... as nothing you say seems to be "registering" or changing anyone's mind as you would desire...this has been my observation on how these forums seem to operate and keep on going and going and going with no resolve. It's the same topics all the time.

Surely there comes a time where one needs to simply pick up their mat and walk away. Anyways... this was not meant to antagonise you... it really was simply a reflection of forums.
Actually, I have been sharing the message God gave me to share, the same message that set me free from the angry and sin-bound 'old me' for fourteen straight years now. Yes, I have been accused of being 'a bit' stubborn, lol.

And you are right. A whole lot of seed has been cast forth, and scant results, if I am truthful. Does this bother me and discourage me? Of course it does. I have gone through periods of great discouragement and times that even my faith began to fail. But God has always caught me, renewed me and assured me that the truth I share about us being truly new natured men and women is THE truth that is destined to awaken us to walking as overcomers.

Why do I not quit? Simple. God has assured me that the awakening He has promised WILL happen. His church WILL be prepared, a holy resplendent bride, walking in oneness with Him and with one another.

I am 71 and thankfully in good health. Will I be alive to see what I share spring forth to newness of life? I do not know. But I do know this much. What we are seeing here play out before our eyes is not a drill. The final days are numbered for the 'god of this world' and the evil about to be unleashed upon the earth is simply like nothing we have witnessed in the past.

God has a place of safety for us. A place of safety from darkness, yes, even the darkness that has resided within our own hearts. We who are His ARE light, and when we finally become tired of thinking we are part darkness and part light and that the constant battle within us is 'normal', and embrace the truth that the old us IS dead, and that we are not the black dog and white dog fighting within our minds and hearts, the scales will fall from our eyes and we will finaly be given the ability to walk 'as children of light'.

We are all being called to come into agreement with Him, for only then can we walk in unbroken fellowship. And when we do, we discover to our amazement that we can... and WILL... take the way of escape in every temptation, and yes, we WILL see satan flee from us in defeat.

So, I will continue to cast forth good seed as God permits. Perhaps it is for another to cause the good seed of who we are in Christ to sprout. I do not know. But either way, God will be glorified. His church WILL awaken and even the church in the book of Acts will have nothing on us. That alone is enough to keep me motivated. Stubbornness can be a good thing occasionally.

blessings to you, my dear Addy

Gids

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are avoiding answering a simple question. It was you who stated you obeyed all of Gods commandments and I merely asked if you obeyed these as well. Please answer so I know what you say.

Ronald,

You are focusing on frivolous matters regarding the law (literally). God wants us to focus on the weightier matters of the law:

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith

The law is spiritual. And when we walk in the Spirit we do those things contained in the law naturally because we received all things that pertain to life and godliness through the Spirit (2 Peter 1:3).

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual...

You are asking me questions concerning carnal things of the law, not spiritual.

This may be why the things I say to you with scripture are foolishness to you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

As far as I can tell you cannot discern between the carnal and spiritual aspects of the law.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,

You are focusing on frivolous matters regarding the law (literally). God wants us to focus on the weightier matters of the law:

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith

The law is spiritual. And when we walk in the Spirit we do those things contained in the law naturally because we received all things that pertain to life and godliness through the Spirit (2 Peter 1:3).

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual...

You are asking me questions concerning carnal things of the law, not spiritual.

This may be why the things I say to you with scripture are foolishness to you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

As far as I can tell you cannot discern between the carnal and spiritual aspects of the law.
Are you aware that indifference is a sin according to Jesus and the Apostles ?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you reference scripture on this please?

I’m not indifferent; I’m exercising discernment in spiritual matters. Comparing spiritual with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

@Ronald Nolette seems to be comparing carnal things with spiritual things concerning the law.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul stated that all the law is fulfilled in us who walk in the Spirit, who love their neighbor (the righteousness of the law does not include foods or clothing, or whatever other like frivolous things you want to seek in the law to rid yourself of it).
It was you who stated you obeyed all of Gods commandments and I merely asked if you obeyed these as well.
Christ did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it—Matthew 5:17-18. Some parts are completely upheld and unbroken by Christ so that nothing remains for me to literally do regarding them (punishments for sin, various sacrifices, "foods or clothing, or whatever other like frivolous things"—see his quote above). And so those laws are 'kept' by me through my faith in Christ. The parts that matter, summarized in "love your neighbor as yourself", get upheld and not broken by us when we walk according to the Spirit. When we walk according to the Spirit the whole law is 'kept' by the believer. I usually don't use the word 'kept', but rather the word Paul uses—"upheld". The law is upheld by faith in Christ, not destroyed and cast down and trampled on, as most in the church think.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, using the wisdom given to him, showed that the things written in the law have a deeper application for use in the ministry today as it pertains to spiritual things:

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

1 Corinthians 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, using the wisdom given to him, showed that the things written in the law have a deeper application for use in the ministry today as it pertains to spiritual things:

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

1 Corinthians 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
Yes, and so that law is upheld, not trampled on and broken (the thing Christ did not come to do), when we let the worker in the field of God partake of the results of his work.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I’m not impartial in the law; I’m rightly dividing it into its proper spiritual context for use in ministry for the gospel today like Paul did in 1 Corinthians 9:9-10.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You nor anybody else can even keep the most important Commandment......”Love God with ALL of your heart.....ALL of your Mind ......and ALL of you Soul.....
The ONLY One that did this was Jesus......and you ain’t Jesus.

Romans 5:5 tells us that we can indeed love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength because of the Holy Ghost who has come to dwell in us.

“ By The Keeping Of The Law—- NO MAN will be JUSTIFIED!” I don’t know about you, but I WANT to get Justified ! FAITH in Paul’s Gospel , given to him by Jesus is what PROMISES TO SAVE, merely if we just Believe it

See Romans 2:13. it is not that we are justified by keeping the law; but that those who become doers of the law will be justified.

It is to say that those who are justified by Christ will become doers of the law (Romans 8:4, Romans 8:7, Romans 5:5, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6). Because the law is the specifics of the love of God (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6)

Tsk...tsk....How deceived some people can be about their Salvation ! We ALL that the KEY to getting Saved is having the Super Memory and the Good LUCK to remember, confess and apologize for EVERY SIN that we have committed in our lives in-order to be Saved.
I haven’t seen you touch upon that subject for awhile, JBF .....care to update all of us on that Doctrine Of yours.....or have you finally REPENTED of that Perverted addition to Paul’s Gospel ?
Don’t be so shy about it ! Proclaim it from the roof tops if it is True! If you no longer believe in that Hogwash , let us know.....

I have never believed that you have to confess every sin in order to be saved (while I don't take any chances on this; and confess sin any time the Holy Spirit pinpoints it to my mind; whether it happened thirty minutes ago or thirty years ago). I have always believed that sin is a direction that people walk towards...and that repentance (which is necessary for salvation) is to make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, and hell, towards righteousness, life, and heaven. To simply confess, "I am a sinner" is enough for 1 John 1:9 to come into effect...one does not need to confess all of the sins one has ever committed in order to lay a hold of the promise in 1 John 1:9...that He will forgive you of your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always believed that sin is a direction that people walk towards...and that repentance (which is necessary for salvation) is to make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, and hell, towards righteousness, life, and heaven.
The story is told that Charles Spurgeon once gave a sermon entitled "Repentance" by walking out around the pulpit, down the center aisle of the church about halfway, turned completely around, and walked back to the rostrum and sat down. End of sermon. :)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel needs no definition.

It needs only to be proclaimed:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

You seek a definition because you already have a perverted one in my estimation.

One can’t just take any “ good sounding” verse and say it is the Gospel”..... the Gospel That Paul says will determine the difference between going to Hell or going to Heaven.....it is so important , God has made it clear and specific.....enjoy the following....it clears up some very murky water...

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1st Corinthians 15:1-4).

It might seem almost a work of supererogation to answer a question like this. We hear the word, "Gospel" used so many times. People talk of this and of that as being "as true as the Gospel," and I often wonder what they really mean by it.

First I should like to indicate what it is not.

THE GOSPEL IS...
Not The Bible

harry_ironside.jpg
In the first place, the Gospel is not the Bible. Often when I inquire, "What do you think the Gospel is?" people reply, "Why, it is the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God." Undoubtedly the Bible is the Word of God, but there is a great deal in that Book that is not Gospel.

"The wicked shall be turned into Hell with all the nations that forget God." That is in the Bible, and it is terribly true; but it is not Gospel.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." That is in the Bible, but it is not the Gospel.

Our English word, "gospel" just means the "good spell," and the word "spell," is the old Anglo-Saxon word for, "tidings", the good tidings, the good news. The original word translated. "Gospel," which we have taken over into the English with little alteration is the word, "evangel," and it has the same meaning, the good news. The Gospel is God's good news for sinners. The Bible contains the Gospel, but there is a great deal in the Bible which is not Gospel.

Not The Commandments

The Gospel is not just any message from God telling man how he should behave. "What is the Gospel?" I asked a man this question some time ago, and he answered, "Why I should say it is the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount, and I think if a man lives up to them he is all right." Well, I fancy he would be; but did you ever know anybody who lived up to them? The Sermon on the Mount demands a righteousness which no unregenerate man has been able to produce. The law is not the Gospel; it is the very antitheses of the Gospel. In fact, the law was given by God to show men their need of the Gospel .

"The law," says the Apostle Paul, speaking as a Jewish convert, "was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. But after that Christ is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster."

Not Repentance

The Gospel is not a call to repentance, or to amendment of our ways, to make restitution for past sins, or to promise to do better in the future. These things are proper in their place, but they do not constitute the Gospel; for the Gospel is not good advice to be obeyed, it is good news to be believed. Do not make the mistake then of thinking that the Gospel is a call to duty or a call to reformation, a call to better your condition, to behave yourself in a more perfect way than you have been doing in the past.

Not Giving Up The World

Nor is the Gospel a demand that you give up the world, that you give up your sins, that you break off bad habits, and try to cultivate good ones. You may do all these things, and yet never believe the Gospel and consequently never be saved at all.

THERE ARE SEVEN DESIGNATIONS OF THE GOSPEL in the New Testament, but over and above all these, let me draw your attention to the fact that when this blessed message is mentioned, it is invariably accompanied by the definite article. Over and over and over again in the New Testament we read of the Gospel. It is the Gospel not a Gospel. People tell us there are a great many different Gospels; but there is only ONE. When certain teachers came to the Galatians and tried to turn them away from the simplicity that was in Christ Jesus by teaching "another Gospel, "the apostle said that it was a different gospel, but not another; for there is none other than the Gospel. It is downright exclusive; it is God's revelation to sinful man.

Not Comparative Religion

The scholars of this world talk of the Science of Comparative Religions, and it is very popular now-a-days to say, "We cannot any longer go to heathen nations and preach to them as in the days gone by, because we are learning that their religions are just as good as ours, and the thing to do now is to share with them, to study the different religions, take the good out of them all, and in this way lead the world into a sense of brotherhood and unity."

So in our great universities and colleges men study this Science of Comparative Religions, and they compare all these different religious systems one with another. There is a Science of Comparative Religions, but the Gospel is not one of them. All the different religions in the world may well be studied comparatively, for at rock bottom they are all alike; they all set men at trying to earn his own salvation. They may be called by different names, and the things that men are called to do maybe different in each case, but they all set men trying to save their own souls and earn their way into the favor of God. In this they stand in vivid contrast with the Gospel, for the Gospel is that glorious message that tells us what God has done for us in order that guilty sinners maybe saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only that, but breaking some laws are damnable if we live in an ongoing state of breaking those particular laws.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

That would make God a Liar....”Where Sin abounds, Grace super abounds” Knowing That makes me want to sin less.....

Status
Not open for further replies.