SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke 12:42-46 Christ described in a parable how a faithful servant could turn into an unfaithful one. After asking, "Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household . . . ?" Jesus answers His own question: "That servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing . . . he will make him ruler over all that he hath." Then Christ explains how that servant could lose his reward. "But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." Verses 45,46.

Here is a perfect example by the Master Teacher as to how a faithful and wise servant can be punished with the unbelievers. Jesus was talking about a man whom He had seen faithful enough to trust with heavy responsibilities. Undoubtedly, this servant represents those who carefully served the Lord as true believers. But what happened? That very faithful servant departed from the path of faithfulness and reaped eternal ruin and death. Does this not also remind us of the words of Hebrews 10:38, "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." The servant in the parable, who was a believer, is now punished with the unbelievers. The faithful can draw back to perdition.

Another parable of Christ spotlights the fact that continued forgiveness is conditional for the believer. The story is found in Matthew 18:21-35, and revolves around the forgiveness of God. A certain king responded to the pleas of his servant and forgave him a large debt. That servant went out and found a fellow servant who owed him a small amount and showed no mercy, throwing him in prison because he could not pay. When the king heard what had happened, he rescinded his cancellation of the large debt and had his servant thrown to the tormentors till he paid in full.

No one can deny the obvious teaching of this parable. Even though God graciously forgives those who apply for it, that forgiveness is not without conditions for the future. We can lose that forgiveness by being unmerciful to others. This is in harmony with the words of the Lord in Ezekiel 33:13, "When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it." The principle is repeated in verse 18, "When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby."

The secret lies in maintaining the righteous relationship with the Source of salvation. Jesus said, "He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matthew 24:13. No one will be saved finally who does not hold out against a course of deliberate sin in the power of God. Those who do not endure to the end will have their names blotted out of the book of life. Advocates of eternal security deny it could ever happen, but read the frightening possibility for yourself in Revelation 3:5, "He that overcometh . . . I will not blot out his name out of the book of life." The implication is clear that those who are not overcomers - who do not endure to the end - will have their names blotted out.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful sin shatters the relationship by which eternal life is obtained.
There is an eternal "if" in every consideration of eternal security.
  • "If we walk in the light . . . the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7.
  • "If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father." 1 John 2:24.
  • "If any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." Hebrews 10:38.
  • "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch." John 15:6.
  • "If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." John 8:51.
  • "If thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." Romans 11:22.
  • "If ye do these things, ye shall never fall." 2 Peter 1:10.
  • "For we are made partakers of Christ, If we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end." Hebrews 3:14.
  • "If we endure, we shall also reign with him:
  • If we deny him, he also will deny us." 2 Timothy 2:12.
  • "If we sin willfully . . . there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.
  • "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15.
  • "Ye are my friends, If ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:14.
  • "If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die." Romans 8:13.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The apostle Matthew, in Matthew 2:15, took a verse out of context (Hosea 11:1) and applied to Jesus as being the Son of God when in the original context it was referring to Israel as the son of God.

In 2 Corinthians 9:6, taking it in its immediate context can give you an interpretation that is line with the word of faith teaching about sowing and planting financial seeds. But if you apply the hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv), taking it out of context by applying a topical context of Luke 8:11, you can come up with a more orthodox interpretation.

The old was a shadow Jesus is the fulfillment, Mathews words fit Jesus because he is Israel's fulfillment scripture interprets scripture it is never out of context your interpretation of scripture is, you admit you add your own context to verses and look like a fool

Proverbs has much to say about fools. They despise wisdom (Proverbs 1:7, 22, 10:21, 23:9); they are right in their own eyes (Proverbs 12:15); they are deceitful (Proverbs 14:8) and scornful (Proverbs 10:23, 14:9). The wise are also given instruction on how to deal with fools in Proverbs. Instructing a fool is pointless because his speech is full of foolishness (Proverbs 15:2, 14) and he does not want wisdom and understanding (Proverbs 18:2).

I am accusing no one...however I will admit that I desire to strip away from false believers any false assurances that they may have of going to heaven; in order that they might come to a true knowledge of what it takes to enter into heaven and enter in through that door.

I think you are too far gone to be able to deal with, After trying to sell your soul and your demonic visitation that was not God you have dedicated your life to try put doubt in peoples Faith in Jesus Finished work and look to there obedience to the law instead of the love of Christ, I would put money on you have never taught anyone true knowledge of what it takes to enter into heaven, Because you admit you don't know where you stand yourself, and have Committed the Sin that Disqualifies you, So When it comes to you its a case of Let the Blind Lead The Blind

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our sins are forgiven, therefore, we do not die because of them.

This is what needs to be settled in your heart.

While it should be clear that Jesus said that if anyone lives and believes in Him, he shall never die (John 11:25-27); it should also be clear that this statement is qualified by the understanding that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23, James 1:12-16).

That the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus does not nullify the truth that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

Rather, if you read the context (in Romans 6:22), you will find that the gift is that the person who is in Christ has been set free from sin and that everlasting life is the result of that.

Sin, when it is fully grown, brings forth death (James 1:12-16). Yet, the one who lives and believes in Jesus shall never die (John 11:25-27). Both of these things are true. What truth can we come to the knowledge of in the understanding that both of these things are true?

It is that if someone is truly alive in Christ and believes in Him, they will never allow sin to be fully grown in them...sin will never come to the point in their lives that it would produce death. This is because they are on their guard against sin, as is advocated by holy scripture (1 Corinthians 10:12-13).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After trying to sell your soul and your demonic visitation

I hope you are not referring to my testimony of the fact that I experienced the Holy Spirit come upon me in waves of liquid love. Because if you are, you are dangerously close to committing the unpardonable sin if you haven't already crossed the line (the Lord will be your judge, and not I).

I never "tried to" sell my soul. I was tempted to, but God kept me back from doing so; and, in that, I couldn't sit on the fence any longer (there was no attempt on my part). I surrendered my life to God by telling Him that I would read His word and start doing what it says. That is when I received my "visitation" not from a demon; but from the Holy Ghost. Unmistakably the Holy Ghost.

Because you admit you don't know where you stand yourself,

When have I ever "admitted" that? I know where I stand...securely in the palm of Jesus' hand.

you admit you add your own context to verses and look like a fool

Proverbs has much to say about fools. They despise wisdom (Proverbs 1:7, 22, 10:21, 23:9); they are right in their own eyes (Proverbs 12:15); they are deceitful (Proverbs 14:8) and scornful (Proverbs 10:23, 14:9). The wise are also given instruction on how to deal with fools in Proverbs. Instructing a fool is pointless because his speech is full of foolishness (Proverbs 15:2, 14) and he does not want wisdom and understanding (Proverbs 18:2).

May the Lord abundantly bless you; and, have a nice life.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that there is a faulty thing in that those who believe as I do are disparaged for the fact that we rarely mention the word "grace".

I will say that we mention it as often as the Bible mentions it.

While those who follow the opposing viewpoint rarely quote or reference the Holy Bible in their posts.

Does that make us even?

I think that it makes my side of the story unevenly triumphant.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
never "tried to" sell my soul. I was tempted to, but God kept me back from doing so; and, in that, I couldn't sit on the fence any longer (there was no attempt on my part). I surrendered my life to God by telling Him that I would read His word and start doing what it says. That is when I received my "visitation" not from a demon; but from the Holy Ghost. Unmistakably the Holy Ghost.

You admit you have dealt with Demons So the fact remains

You said God visited you and it was they but you won't define they and they told you to take the medication that makes you sin and you try justify your sin because of the medicine, So whoever It was couldn't be God, Besides Noone has seen God at any time Except Jesus, So I was going on your words and they do not line up with scripture. it is what it is, Do you realize almost everyone that encountered an angel fallen or not thought it was God The good angels said don't worship me I'm not God, the Evil ones didn't they tried to be like god and appeared as angels of light, How would you no. Liquid love matches Most false experiences to be honest

When have I ever "admitted" that? I know where I stand...securely in the palm of Jesus' hand.

When you where pushing if anyone sins after becoming a Christian you said there remains no more sacrifice for there sins and you admitted you still sinned so didn't know where you stood, It seems like you speak out of both sides of your mouth, But the Fact is you Don't live up to the standard you put on others And as a self-professed teacher you are going to be judged accordingly, so all the best

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said God visited you and it was they but you won't define they and they told you to take the medication that makes you sin and you try justify your sin because of the medicine, So whoever It was couldn't be God,

I don't justify that besetting sin because of my medicine any more...as a matter of fact, because of my exchange with you back then, I stopped self-justifying and took responsibility for my sin...and now I have the victory over it.

As for my medication, I do believe that the Lord appeared to me in a vision and told me to take it; for it is a necessity in my life. Even members of the body of Christ have advised me that it is expedient for me to take my medicine.

And also, every time that I have tried to stop taking it, I have had "breaks" in which I behaved erratically end ended up in mental institutions. I have been free of that now for at least three years; and I am thankful to the Lord that He showed me that my medicine is a necessity in my life. I see it as a kind of injection for humility. Because the fact that I have to take it is indeed humbling to my soul.

Besides No one has seen God at any time Except Jesus,

Jesus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father" (John 14:7-11)

When you where pushing if anyone sins after becoming a Christian you said there remains no more sacrifice for there sins and you admitted you still sinned so didn't know where you stood,

The key word there is "willfully"...and it is true that I do not commit willful sins any more. So I know where I stand...securely in the palm of Jesus' hand.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't justify that besetting sin because of my medicine any more...as a matter of fact, because of my exchange with you back then, I stopped self-justifying and took responsibility for my sin...and now I have the victory over it.

As for my medication, I do believe that the Lord appeared to me in a vision and told me to take it; for it is a necessity in my life. Even members of the body of Christ have advised me that it is expedient for me to take my medicine.

And also, every time that I have tried to stop taking it, I have had "breaks" in which I behaved erratically end ended up in mental institutions. I have been free of that now for at least three years; and I am thankful to the Lord that He showed me that my medicine is a necessity in my life. I see it as a kind of injection for humility. Because the fact that I have to take it is indeed humbling to my soul.

Jesus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father" (John 14:7-11)

The key word there is "willfully"...and it is true that I do not commit willful sins any more. So I know where I stand...securely in the palm of Jesus' hand.
Don’t stop the meds.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you...I don't believe that I will.
I think I’ve told you before that the bully step dad spoke death over you in your childhood as well as others. It takes ten thousand that a boys to cure one your worthless words spoken over you. One day you will be off them, but not until the inner dialogue changes and you receive a new message.

one of life and acceptance.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

It's not about the meds Its about the hypocrisy I have always Said that, That's great if you have victory now but at the time you where pushing that standard on others you admitted you hadn't I can only go on your words, Yes if you have seen Jesus you have seen the father but you said they Visited you I haven't heard you say Jesus Visited you, And I have Asked a few times who they Where and you won't answer, So If "they" are saying it's ok for you to sin and go teach a message no one else can, It Was Not God simple as that, Like I said it's about the hypocrisy and when you don't get your way You throw around underhand accusations, So how to you confront that without coming across harsh

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about the meds Its about the hypocrisy I have always Said that, That's great if you have victory now but at the time you where pushing that standard on others you admitted you hadn't I can only go on your words, Yes if you have seen Jesus you have seen the father but you said they Visited you I haven't heard you say Jesus Visited you, And I have Asked a few times who they Where and you won't answer, So If "they" are saying it's ok for you to sin and go teach a message no one else can, It Was Not God simple as that, Like I said it's about the hypocrisy and when you don't get your way You throw around underhand accusations, So how to you confront that without coming across harsh
None of us come spilling from the womb with deficits the world and our environment imprints upon us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you said they Visited you I haven't heard you say Jesus Visited you, And I have Asked a few times who they Where and you won't answer,

You have not asked me who "they" are at all by my recollection...but if you are asking me now (which you do not seem to be doing as I see no question mark), know that it was the face of Jesus that I saw and that His presence was superimposed with the presence of the Father.

When He said, "We're going to make you better" I interpret it two ways:

1) The Triune God is going to make me better; and/or,

2) Christ and the members of His body are going to make me better.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke 12:42-46 Christ described in a parable how a faithful servant could turn into an unfaithful one. After asking, "Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household . . . ?" Jesus answers His own question: "That servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing . . . he will make him ruler over all that he hath." Then Christ explains how that servant could lose his reward. "But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." Verses 45,46.

Here is a perfect example by the Master Teacher as to how a faithful and wise servant can be punished with the unbelievers. Jesus was talking about a man whom He had seen faithful enough to trust with heavy responsibilities. Undoubtedly, this servant represents those who carefully served the Lord as true believers. But what happened? That very faithful servant departed from the path of faithfulness and reaped eternal ruin and death. Does this not also remind us of the words of Hebrews 10:38, "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." The servant in the parable, who was a believer, is now punished with the unbelievers. The faithful can draw back to perdition.

Another parable of Christ spotlights the fact that continued forgiveness is conditional for the believer. The story is found in Matthew 18:21-35, and revolves around the forgiveness of God. A certain king responded to the pleas of his servant and forgave him a large debt. That servant went out and found a fellow servant who owed him a small amount and showed no mercy, throwing him in prison because he could not pay. When the king heard what had happened, he rescinded his cancellation of the large debt and had his servant thrown to the tormentors till he paid in full.

No one can deny the obvious teaching of this parable. Even though God graciously forgives those who apply for it, that forgiveness is not without conditions for the future. We can lose that forgiveness by being unmerciful to others. This is in harmony with the words of the Lord in Ezekiel 33:13, "When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it." The principle is repeated in verse 18, "When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby."

The secret lies in maintaining the righteous relationship with the Source of salvation. Jesus said, "He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matthew 24:13. No one will be saved finally who does not hold out against a course of deliberate sin in the power of God. Those who do not endure to the end will have their names blotted out of the book of life. Advocates of eternal security deny it could ever happen, but read the frightening possibility for yourself in Revelation 3:5, "He that overcometh . . . I will not blot out his name out of the book of life." The implication is clear that those who are not overcomers - who do not endure to the end - will have their names blotted out.

“ And WHO is he that OVERCOMES the World.....he that believes that Jesus is the Son Of God “ pretty simple when you go by the book....ain’t It? 1John5:5

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful sin shatters the relationship by which eternal life is obtained.
There is an eternal "if" in every consideration of eternal security.
  • "If we walk in the light . . . the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7.
  • "If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father." 1 John 2:24.
  • "If any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." Hebrews 10:38.
  • "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch." John 15:6.
  • "If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." John 8:51.
  • "If thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." Romans 11:22.
  • "If ye do these things, ye shall never fall." 2 Peter 1:10.
  • "For we are made partakers of Christ, If we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end." Hebrews 3:14.
  • "If we endure, we shall also reign with him:
  • If we deny him, he also will deny us." 2 Timothy 2:12.
  • "If we sin willfully . . . there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.
  • "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15.
  • "Ye are my friends, If ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:14.
  • "If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die." Romans 8:13.

Speaking of “ IF’s”...........​

“ IF” You shall confess with you mouth that Jesus is Lord , and Believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead—- you will be Saved.....

“ I will finish the good work that I started”

It seems to me that the “ONUS” , the “ RESPONSIBILITY” for taking care of all of these “ ifs” has been placed squarely on God’s Back......

“All Of Those That TURN TO ME ( the type of Repentance That Saves) with Faith in Jesus Christ — I WILL SAVE to the UTTERMOST “

Once again , the “Monkey” is Squarely on God’s back to see that everything that is required for Salvation gets accomplished . “HE” will see that any required “ IFS” will be taken care of.
“ Salvation is Of the Lord”.....not YOU.

Referring to “his Gospel” Of 1Cor15:1-4, Paul declared that it was the One that would SAVE you “ IF” you kept in memory what he preached —- once again , referring to the Gospel Of Grace Given to Him personally by Jesus Christ”....works for me—— how ‘bout you? ( or do you think that maybe this “ good news” albeit “Necessary” for Salvation , Just isn’t “ Adequate” for Salvation in and of itself? This is how one “ falls from Grace” ( Read Galatians 5 )
90% of the Church World meets the requirements for this State Of Being ....
Some very smart Teachers claim it means that you are as good as damned if you try to Add to Grace Plus Nothing, hence “ falling from Grace”..... many of you had better get on your knees and pray that they are wrong as you Add “ Lucky Repentance” ,Commandment-Keeping , etc. to Paul’s Simple Gospel Of “ Nothing But The Blood”........l rejoice that I do not find myself on the Wrong side of “ That” argument ! Once again— how about you?
God Bless....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From post #1057

So you believe the lie that believers who sin will lose rewards, not their salvation.

This is the most ridiculous made-up doctrine I’ve heard; your own false doctrine teaches that everyone sins every day! Meaning that NO ONE will ever get any rewards.

So what is the point of a judgment seat of rewards if It’s impossible to issue such rewards since no one ever becomes sinless according to your doctrine?

.....you claim you have “ No Teacher”—- Man, does it show !

We are not Rewarded on the basis of “ sinning or NOT Sinning”......
“ IF” one has rested in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing and thereby qualified himself for the “ Bema” Seat Of Christ, Sins are neither here nor there .....God , 100% due to His Love and Grace For Believers in His Son, has taken all of our sins and cast them into the “ deepest depths of the Ocean” and as He Promised , He will “ Remember Them NO MORE” . It’s a shame you and some others here in the Forum lack the Necessary FAITH to actually BELIEVE that.Yes, it’s a shame—- a DAMNED Shame! Literally.
Here ya go, Mr, “ need no Bible teaching “......it works like this....pull up a chair....it’s called “ Christianity 101.....

At the “ Reward Throne Of Jesus” ( The BEMA SEAT ) Believers will be rewarded for their Works.....not Works Of “ Good Deeds” like when you helped that “ little old lady to cross the street”—- nothing wrong with that , but it ain't what we are talking about here ....
We are talking about “Works Of FAITH!” Like the FAITH showed by those that watched their Children being killed or eaten alive by Lions in the Roman Arenas......just for the “kicks”of the audience ......Others for the FAITH they showed when they refused to renounce their Faith in Jesus and were then hung up, set on Fire and used as Lamps for Nero’s Gardens......these Heroes Of Faith “ died without obtaining all Of the Good Promises Of God —- These Earliest and most Faithful Of Believers— these “Martyrs” are going to receive the biggest “Crowns” at the Reward Seat Of Jesus.Does That Sound about Right to you ? In your opinion, those who threw away their Cigarettes or smashed those wicked “ Madonna” albums would be first in line probably....
Another group that will receive large “ Crowns” at the Bema Seat will be “ Soul Winners”—— Only Those That Preached Paul’s Gospel Of Grace plus Nothing will be Eligible.....those that Taught “ Jesus Saves. Period.”......... Not those who preached “ Jesus Saves..... BUT!” It will be all of those that actually Believed the Lyrics Of “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation —- NOT the Hypocrites that mouthed it but not fir ONE SECOND actually Believed it.The Preacher That was used by God to rescue 1000 Souls will receive a larger Crown than the man who rescued 100 Souls.
Jesus talked about using your money ( your Treasure) to build Rewards in Heaven.You do that in the following manner:
If you give from your Heart ....if you “ Share in All Things” to that man or to that Ministry that “ delivered to you the Gospel” ( as Commanded to do in Gal 6:6 —- you don't hear that one preached often, do you?) you will share in that Preacher’s Reward in Heaven . The man that gives 90% of his income to promote the Gospel will get a bigger Reward ( Crown) at the Bema Seat . Makes sense , doesn’t it ? If you give because you mistakenly think that you “ HAVE” to give in order to “Get Saved “ or “ Stay Saved” or if you “ Tithe” because you have been under the Threat Of going to Hell if you “ DON’T” Tithe ....... keep your money in your pocket....You are wasting it....God is looking for “ Cheerful” Givers only......A Truly Saved man can NOT be HELD BACK from sharing his money with the man that delivered the Gospel That was responsible for Saving his Soul from an Eternity in Hell....
It has been reported that Charles Wesley ( coulda been John ) did things backwards when it came to “ Building Treasure in Heaven”——- he kept 10% of his income for himself and gave 90% to the things of God. Now you tell me—— who will get the biggest Reward when Jesus is passing them out, come Judgement Day? Mr. Wesley or Joe Shmoe who gave maybe 1% ?
Anyway.....this is how it works.....NOTHING to do with SIN or the LACK Thereof.....that Issue was put to Rest for All BELIEVERS at the CROSS. 2000+ years ago....
Let me ask you, Mr. UNTEACHABLE....By Chance, were you “ TAUGHT” anything today , or are you still more content being “ Stiff -Necked”......You are in my prayers .....May God bless the rest of us in the understanding of these things.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to explain to you that the child of God does not die, and we should spend our energies encouraging each other in good works while we wait for Jesus.
I agree that we should be spending our time encouraging each other in good works. Settling the matter about once saved always saved is not what Jesus will be looking for at the judgment. He will be looking at the life we lived, not our doctrine. Some people think believing in once saved always saved is what prepares them for the coming judgment.

The child of God does not die. Never. The born again do not become unborn again. You can't seem to get settled on that truth, and while you say it doesn't matter, I quite disagree with you.
What does once saved always saved matter if you aren't even saved and serving the Lord in the first place?

1 Corinthians 13:2
2 If I...can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge...but have not love, I am nothing.

We benefit enourmously by understanding the truth of what God did for us. And in fact, it's by understanding that truth, this is what enables us to actually walk in it.
No, I think the actual evidence shows us that this unhealthy focus on once saved always saved has done the opposite. It enables the church to not actually walk in the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.