SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
By all means tell us more about what you mean by this.
John 6.64-69 is very searching; some who professed seemed to have had a shaky basis for their profession:

"64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6.64-69 is very searching; some who professed seemed to have had a shaky basis for their profession:

"64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God."

So, do you think that the ones who walked away from Him never had salvation in the first place, or did they have some kind of faith in Him before walking away?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So, do you think that the ones who walked away from Him never had salvation in the first place, or did they have some kind of faith in Him before walking away?
@justbyfaith I'm not sure what you mean by 'some kind of faith'.

In the Lord's sight, faith is either real and genuine and led by the Spirit of God, or it is not. The Lord searches the heart.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith I'm not sure what you mean by 'some kind of faith'.

In the Lord's sight, faith is either real and genuine and led by the Spirit of God, or it is not. The Lord searches the heart.
Well, obviously the Holy Spirit was not given to man until after Jesus was glorified (John 7:39).

So, whatever faith any of them had did not apprehend the Holy Spirit for them and His sealing power.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, obviously the Holy Spirit was not given to man until after Jesus was glorified (John 7:39).

So, whatever faith any of them had did not apprehend the Holy Spirit for them and His sealing power.
I was thinking for example of Jeremiah 17.10: "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

It seems that some of those who professed in John 6, were tried and were found wanting.

The believer's experience needs to be that of Lydia in Acts 16.14: 'whose heart the Lord opened'.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this that was written by you is very nice. I’m happy that your life was changed for the better. I could share a similar testimony as well.

But does our positive testimonies prove we are not in error in biblical doctrine?

No it does not.

It’s interesting that you accuse people of assumptions in biblical doctrine when your whole stance on Hebrews 10:26-27 is pure assumption.

There is no assumption in what scripture are saying in these passages:

Romans 11:22
Continue or be cut off

Matthew 7:14
Few find the narrow way

Hebrews 10:26-27
The willful sinner, after conversion, will be devoured by fire

1 Peter 4:18
The righteousness will scarcely be saved

2 Peter 2:20
Those who return to the pollutions of the world will be worse off than BEFORE they knew the gospel

Hebrews 6:4-6
Those who received the Holy Spirit through obedience to Christ (Acts of the Apostles 5:32) will not be able to return if they fall away

Colossians 1:21-
Those who are reconciled will fail to be presented holy, or unreproveabke, or blameless if they get moved away from the faith

All of these “ bad” things that could potentially cause the “ Saved” to become “ Unsaved?” Who cares? God Promised to “FINISH the Job that HE started”........God said that if you simply “ Came to Him, with Faith in His Son, Jesus Christ”—— “HE” would Save “ YOU” to the “ UTTERMOST”......God Never says that anybody who “ asks to be Saved” will be put on PROBATION .....He say that “ Anybody that asks to be Saved “ WILL BE SAVED!”
The Monkey is on God’s back . He put it there. The most vital thing in the Universe is at Stake —— HIS WORD! If I ask God to Save me and He does not Save me.....He is a Liar .....I stake the Eternal Salvation Of myself and my Family on the Promise That “ it is impossible for God to lie”.....
“Will not the Lord Of The Universe do what is right.” I’m willing to stick my neck out just a little.... I believe God keeps His Word .That’s what Faith is.Faith is what Saves a Soul......I got that.How About you?

Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True believers do not follow fake shepherds. Not for long anyway. And by the way, I learn way more just by talking to other people who also read their Bibles. I learn about the latest trend in false theology by talking to those who follow teachers instead of following the Bible.

Let’s see now....other people read their Bibles .....you learn from them . Hmmm....sounds like they are “ teaching” you. You blow your case and don’t even realize it...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, my friend , are a Liar....either THAT , or you do not know how to read....I’m not explaining myself to you again....Smart people know what I am saying ....I’ll just “ shake the dust off of my feet”as far as you are concerned....what follows is either your lying or your showing of willful ignorance——-

My obedience to the Law of Christ (not Moses) is an outward sign that Jesus has made me righteous.
Can you explain this to @Blood Bought 1953 , please? He swears that's not true. He calls that a self righteous gospel.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ne law in the law of Moses 'love your neighbor as yourself'. That means you keep laws like not showing favoritism, not lying, not committing adultery, not stealing, caring for orphans and widows, and so on. It's not a new law. It's the law of Moses. And it's right to do it. That's what James says.

“ if we could be Saved by Keeping Laws....Jesus died in Vain” Gal 2:21

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From post #1208

David got caught up in adultery which led to murder, which led to the death of his baby son, Amnon, Absolom, and Adonijah. This was allowed to happen to serve as a lesson to us not to follow in these steps (Romans 15:4). Not to encourage us to be guilt free in sinning.

Also, David never committed these acts again.

This happened before the burning bush and before his close relationship with God.[/QUOTE

Lol....you just kinda make it up as you go along, don’t you?
So I can commit a wicked sin as long as I don’t do it again.....nice....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Romans 3:31

Teach me what this means.

Not until you apologize publicly for making fun of Mr. Neuman ....I thought your Doctrine was to “ love your brother”..... Alfred has feelings too....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, absolutely. Everyone gets saved that way. They now have faith in the sacrifice God has given for the forgiveness of sin and are now covered by it.

There is no forgiveness because it is the choice to willfully and knowingly cast away the sacrifice of Jesus. See, the believer has the blood of Christ always interceding for him in heaven the very moment he sins (Hebrews 7:25). But the one sin that doesn't happen for is the sin of rejecting the blood that intercedes for the sinner (Hebrews 10:26). That only makes sense. You can't have the benefit of a sacrifice that you do not trust and believe in and rely on.

God's grace only comes to a person through faith. If you don't have that faith, you can't receive that grace. That's by God's design, not ours. You can't deliberately decide to reject God's grace in unbelief by purposely staying in your sinning and then expect it to be there to intercede for you. Not gonna happen. You have to be believing for that to happen. That's the only way it happens. BB's Free Grace teachings say that's not true. That's the poison mixed in with all the other correct teachings about grace it knows and teaches about. But what good is it to know how sweet the sugar bowl is if it's secretly laced with rat poison and may kill you in the end?

I think so. But don't misunderstand. The person who willingly and deliberately and knowingly rejects Christ to live in his life of sin is in unbelief. Technically, there is no such thing as a saved person who does that—by pure definition believers aren't in unbelief. Does that mean people who believe and are saved can sin this sin of blasphemy by going back to unbelief and lose their salvation? I don't know, and it doesn't matter. I just know if a person is in unbelief they are going to the lake of fire when Jesus comes back. Unless they repent in the (short?) time God leaves the door open for them to reconsider their decision to deliberately cast down and trample on the grace of God. That's what we do know for sure. Any once saved always saved teaching needs to keep what we do know for sure intact and not allow it to be nullified by 'new' thought.

Those are good questions. Thank you for asking. Let's learn from one another. Because the church isn't going to help us much. I think I've grown more and learned more from us common everyday believers sharing in on-line forums than I have from the formal church and it's leadership.

The church has been polluted by corrupt, inaccurate teachings beyond remedy. I honestly believe there is no hope for our formal church system in these last days. The leaven has worked it's way too far into the whole lump of dough. You'd have to throw the whole lump out to get rid of the leaven (like our political and judicial system here in America). I'm not encouraging anyone to leave their church, though. That's a personal decision that every individual believer has to make for himself. Our last hope is to learn from one another as we read our Bibles for ourselves and share our various insights with each other. I truly believe that is the model Paul endorsed in 1 Corinthians 14:26-33 for how to meet together and learn from one another. Our official church model deviated from that model way back in the early decades and centuries of this age of Christendom and we're just all the more separated from it in these last days. We're on our own now, but if we keep talking and sharing like this the truth of the scriptures will be known among us as we inspire each other to greater spiritual insights. It's been working for me! Thank you fellow saints for your inspiration.

You are welcome , but don’t think it necessary to “ thank” me for presenting Paul’s Gospel Of Grace to you —- I do it for purely selfish reasons....I want to see you get Saved!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Being “ seen Of men” has no appeal for me ...If a person who Believes In tithing is asked about that belief and he admits that he “ tithes” is that he same thing as “ wanting to be seen of men?” God knows my heart and you know that is not the reason I discussed giving....let me know when start hearing trumpets before I post .....until then , shut up with your “ insults” that have no truth to them....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow can't Believe you said Yes you can, You think you have become perfect and sinless and have become your own Saviour, I have heard people like you exist, You cant see The context of Scripture Because you're blinded by yourself, You're faking it or fooling yourself, Most should see right through you fake persona, Heres a verse that should get you going

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

For all those delusional people that claim that they “ No longer Sin?” .....let me speak to your wife for two minutes.....what kind of idiots do you take us for ? Everyone of you guys have thoughts that would “ shame Hell” ....and you know it ! God knows it to.Why do you reject the ONLY thing that can actually Save you—- GRACE!
No real mystery....it’s Pride.....the same thing that doomed Satan....

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For all those delusional people that claim that they “ No longer Sin?” .....let me speak to your wife for two minutes.....what kind of idiots do you take us for ? Everyone of you guys have thoughts that would “ shame Hell” ....and you know it ! God knows it to.Why do you reject the ONLY thing that can actually Save you—- GRACE!
No real mystery....it’s Pride.....the same thing that doomed Satan....

Don't Speak To mine She thinks I'm great. She is the worst one to ask I ask her often She just gets excited and says there is nothing I can change Im Great the way I am....For a genius that might be her shortcoming, As For Myself Lord Help Me...You Nailed it BB Its Pride, Love for themselves, I Really Think They Don't See or understand Grace, They Think they are doing fine, Delusional if you ask me, Its all About His Grace, His Grace is sufficient, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift do they not understand...Mind Boggles

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
According to Hebrews 6:1-8, someone who truly falls away cannot repent and come back to Jesus.

But I will agree that prodigal sons can return.

Tricky verse to base your view on there If you wear performance-based Glasses this is a scary scripture. It is dealing with Hebrews, Jews who had been in a covenant relationship with God who were in the promised land Experienced miracles etc They knew the old Testament Sacrificial system, In the OT They could Redo An Animal Sacrifice, with Jesus This Changed They couldn't Re Sacrifice Jesus again Like A Sacrifice in the Old Testament it was a big change, What part of the Verse makes you think the people were saved anyway, They had pressure about returning to Judaism, The language Changes from us to them, there are so many aspects to the verse you don't understand don't use one verse you don't understand to undo your understanding of the rest of the new testament

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953
Status
Not open for further replies.