Sit at my RIGHT HAND

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 22:

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet”’?
Does God literally have a right hand? Why the right hand and not the left hand?

No, it is a figure of speech. Psalm 18:35 shows God's right hand of protection:

You have given me Your shield of salvation; Your right hand upholds me, and Your gentleness exalts me.
The right hand of God symbolizes protection and power. Mark 14:

62 And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
God is spirit (John 4:24). The Psalms (Psalms 63:8, 18:35, 73:23) show the right hand of God as an anthropomorphic image for our finite brain to comprehend this aspect of God: He holds us up with his right hand.

Deuteronomy 9:29 shows another example of anthropomorphism:

But they are Your people, Your inheritance, whom You brought out by Your great power and outstretched arm."
This is the image of the outstretched arm of God's power.

Does God literally have a right hand?

No, not in His spiritual essence. God's right hand is a figure of speech of anthropomorphism so that we finite humans can have some understanding of the infinite God.

Reactions: amadeus