What is the significance of the right hand of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The phrase “right hand” occurs 166 times in the Bible.

It signifies power and victory, Exodus 15:

6 Your right hand, LORD, was majestic in power. Your right hand, LORD, shattered the enemy.
Psalm 118:

16 the right hand of the Lord exalts, the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!
It signifies honor, Matthew 25:

33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. ...
It signifies safety, Psalm 63:

7 for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 8 I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.
Now, Jesus enjoys this position of power, victory, honor, and safety, Ephesians 1:

19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his [Father's] power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places
It is a place of closeness to God. Jesus intercedes and pleads for us from that privileged position.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 118:

Now, Jesus enjoys this position of power, victory, honor, and safety, Ephesians 1:

It is a place of closeness to God. Jesus intercedes and pleads for us from that privileged position.
Satan is on the Left side. God has balanced Good and Evil throughout history. He allows evil for a purpose and so I would likened this to the LEFT.
It makes sense that conservatives identify themselves as the Right.
This is just speculation, I don't know for sure though. Some say the Holy Spirit is on His left?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 118:

For right-handed people, it signifies the greater strength. There are other competing powers in the universe--God is acknowledging that. But He placed His Son in charge over them (as if he is a right-handed person).

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. You made a statement of fact. IF it was speculative AND IF you were not sure, you should worded it that way and NOT as a statement of fact.
Oh. So I should have put the last sentence first. I guess the closing statement, a summation of my speculative opinion is confusing to some.