Skeletor in the Closet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
One skeleton
Two skeletons
Three skeletons more
Everybody says
We've all got one
Hidden away
In a closet
Somewhere in ourselves
Some skeletons
Are bone dry
Some skeletons
Are a bit juicy
Some skeletons
Smell absolutely rotten
And some skeletons
Have just arrived
So you better be careful
You don't open that door
In front of nosey people
Because they're just looking
For a skeleton to compare
So they don't feel so guilty
About their own.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever since I was in High School, I have always led my life as an open book. I'll tell anybody what I did, I don't care what others think.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Skeletor in the Closet​

I don't know about Skeletor, but frankly speaking, I never did buy into He-Man's hyper-masculinity facade....

It was 40 years ago the little boy who would become my stepson wanted a Castle Grey Skull and some Masters of the Universe actions figures for Christmas. :)

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Confess your sins to one another' should shed light on those hidden bare bones in the cupboards of our lives.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Confess your sins to one another' should shed light on those hidden bare bones in the cupboards of our lives.
I heard someone say on this confess your faults one to another, and your sins to God. He used an example of a man in church who was married and yet was very attracted to another church member. If he shared that with another member, that member's opinion of him will forever be colored, and its true..

In James 5:16, the Bible commands us, “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed..."

Of course we can confess our faults (I am judgemental, etc), but our sins-the secret ones, should not be divulged. I think it would take away from our witness as well. Folk would remember what you told them. that is one of the reasons we are to go into our closets to pray. God will help us with those.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I heard someone say on this confess your faults one to another, and your sins to God. He used an example of a man in church who was married and yet was very attracted to another church member. If he shared that with another member, that member's opinion of him will forever be colored, and its true..

In James 5:16, the Bible commands us, “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed..."

Of course we can confess our faults (I am judgemental, etc), but our sins-the secret ones, should not be divulged. I think it would take away from our witness as well. Folk would remember what you told them. that is one of the reasons we are to go into our closets to pray. God will help us with those.
I'm not advocating public confession but to share our faults and weaknesses with close Christian friends and ask for their prayers surely won't make us think any less of them.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not advocating public confession but to share our faults and weaknesses with close Christian friends and ask for their prayers surely won't make us think any less of them.
That is great you have friends you can tell your sins to. I, and this is not a snark, it is the truth, I trust Jesus alone. I never tell anyone any more that I need to-- only on a need to know basis.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One skeleton
Two skeletons
Three skeletons more
Everybody says
We've all got one
Hidden away
In a closet
Somewhere in ourselves
Some skeletons
Are bone dry
Some skeletons
Are a bit juicy
Some skeletons
Smell absolutely rotten
And some skeletons
Have just arrived
So you better be careful
You don't open that door
In front of nosey people
Because they're just looking
For a skeleton to compare
So they don't feel so guilty
About their own.

Jesus will take care of the skeletons in the closet.