Smoke weed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aldohol as a pain reliever??? I've seen many people drown out their pain with alcohol.

I don't know if this is a good idea--I've never seen it prescribed except for a little wine for thy stomachs sake. But then again, Im not sure what Paul means because drinking can cause ulcers.
When is it used?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aldohol as a pain reliever??? I've seen many people drown out their pain with alcohol.

I don't know if this is a good idea--I've never seen it prescribed except for a little wine for thy stomachs sake. But then again, Im not sure what Paul means because drinking can cause ulcers.
When is it used?
Proverbs 31:6-7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also note that it is not just recommended by Paul for the stomach but for the infirmities as well. What is an infirmity?:

Infirmity: physical or mental weakness.

Which is an obvious link to Psalms 31:6-7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a friend that turned me on to something even better. He said that Native Americans that died before white man were introduced to them had skulls found with all their teeth. Then white man shared his white sugar with the Native Americans and them that died after sugar introduction were missing their teeth. Not being able to chew your food can also be problematic.

So I had to cut out sugar anyways for health reasons. I recently went to the dentist after 3-4 years and no cavities. Unlike the previous times before I stopped the sugary foods.

I can just imagine the effect pot has on the brain not to mention the cancer risks:

From the article: "Smoked marijuana delivers THC and other cannabinoids to the body, but it also delivers harmful substances, including many of the same toxins and carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals) found in tobacco smoke,3 which are harmful to the lungs and cardiovascular system." Cancer | Health Effects | Marijuana | CDC

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also note that it is not just recommended by Paul for the stomach but for the infirmities as well. What is an infirmity?:

Infirmity: physical or mental weakness.

Which is an obvious line to PS 31:6-7
  • Verse 6 ("Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts"): This suggests that alcohol may be given to those suffering greatly or nearing the end of life, perhaps as a form of comfort or to alleviate their distress.
  • Verse 7 ("Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more"): This continues the thought from verse 6, implying that drinking might temporarily relieve the poor from their constant worries and sufferings.

The relief from worry and suffering is gonna be short lived. He's gonna have the same problems tomorrow.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Verse 6 ("Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts"): This suggests that alcohol may be given to those suffering greatly or nearing the end of life, perhaps as a form of comfort or to alleviate their distress.
  • Verse 7 ("Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more"): This continues the thought from verse 6, implying that drinking might temporarily relieve the poor from their constant worries and sufferings.

The relief from worry and suffering is gonna be short lived. He's gonna have the same problems tomorrow.
Yes and this was created long before current medical practices were established. Today a lot of people can just go to the doctor. Back then they suffered a lot probably. But still medicine can't cure everything.

Reactions: The Learner

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible seems to indicate that it’s ok to drink within moderation. Is it also ok to smoke weed (aka cannabis or marijuana) within moderation, legally of course?

Sure, do it wisely.
I don't think anyone who smokes the wacky tobacky uses a dose that doesn't get them high.

There are products that separate the inflammation-reducing stuff in hemp (CBD) from the chemical that makes one high (THC). I've tried a couple CBD pain creams but it didn't seem very effective. Sticking with my Blue Emu.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I smoked such from when i was 20yo and for a few years but only maybe once a month say thing or less, never bought it ! it was just handed to you outside a pub say.
But that was the 1980's and the dope was just normal dope and leaf and tip. fact is all that such did was make you feel good and have a good laugh.
Drinking beer is much worse than that type of weed by far ! as drinking can cause fights, smoking weed does not cause fights !

You can kill yourself by drinking Rum etc easy !
You can not kill yourself smoking Weed in fact !

But the weed of nowadays is rubbish as it's not what we smoked back in the 80's at all in fact !
The rubbish dope that is around nowadays is so as to get you smashed and off your face ? that's just stupid !

Not to mention the Dope smoked now is grown under lights is not to be smoked at all because such makes people freek out, this is because there is a chemical imbalance.

Never smoke Synthetic Dope as it's down right dangerious and so stupid to do so !

I have a mate who smoked dope from when he was 19yo to 56yo full on, like every hour on the hour ! and another dude one up from next door and they tell me what is what. as i have not smoked weed for over 28 years and have no regards to bother with any such, why well it just does not interest me at all !

Why did i take weed, well i was neve one to look up to such a thing at all ! but i was having a hell of a time and thought what the hell, as my life was a Slave ! just being treated so badly with no regard for me at all, forced to work full hard labour like a slave for crap money it was like i was in jail.
So i thought to hell with it, if it kills me Good ! because i did not want to live like a slave.
But i met a lot of good people who smoked weed ! nice people ! and i woke up to the lies peddled by idiots and Schools system the Media and Government. All that they wanted to do was control you period ! and they were not looking after your best interest at heart at all ! just stand over creep show Nazi types.

So i found out why i drank ! it was because i was fed up and needed somthing so as to free me from the darkness of the people around me. such was a bandaid ! but i have learnt how to deal with such people.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

just curious

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible seems to indicate that it’s ok to drink within moderation. Is it also ok to smoke weed (aka cannabis or marijuana) within moderation, legally of course?

Sure, do it wisely.

Marijuana's effects on human cognitive functions, psychomotor functions, and personality - PubMed:

How much can I do it?

See How much does drinking become sin?.

Personally, I have no interest in smoking week. I have better ways to spend my money :)

For people who are susceptible to addiction, I would advise against it.

Does smoking weed bring in demons?

If you overdo it, it may. The same goes for getting drunk.

If you find weed helpful, do it wisely and thank God for it.

What about opium?

Opium is highly addictive. Users will develop dependency and lose self-control. It is not wise to have an opium habit.
I asked that question to my preacher, and he gave me an answer that kind of surprised me

He said, when the antichrist comes, you will be fooled by his deception if you smoke pot

So basically, you are playing with your soul
Not taking it very seriously

That made me quit right then and there and I have no desire to do it because that will definitely be the Antichrist (weapon to come after you)

In other words, would you sit down and smoke a joint with Satan?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No better source of comfort than the Holy Spirit.... As a matter of fact he is referred to as a comforter....

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever. - John 14:16

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was introduced to weed at a young age from my brother. It literally made me feel as though a black out is happening, while sinking into the couch in relaxation, 15 years old. There was a point I was not doing it on a constant bases but always sought it out sometimes if a neighbor or friend might have some I would show up just to be able to partake in smoking but not really into partaking of relationship with others. It has and still is to some degree superficial. Not only, was weed in my life and even today still is.

Methampethine is also something that has got me caught under its spell even so today; while anyone can choose to do whatever they wanna do; the truth is… there is a loss, a black out. When you go over that moderation set place for yourself until you end up really sick, and your body is ruined, and your heart and breathing are in not sufficient, and it’s it feels like your gonna die… you might, you might not. It’s still a very rough life for the average who is constantly using compared to a once a month smoking person, or meth (which is far worse.)

Drugs, have been part of my life for the past 8-9 years at least, (weed, spice (fake weed), meth,) alcohol was never my go to due to my Mom telling me stories about my dad.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I smoked such from when i was 20yo and for a few years but only maybe once a month say thing or less, never bought it ! it was just handed to you outside a pub say.
But that was the 1980's and the dope was just normal dope and leaf and tip. fact is all that such did was make you feel good and have a good laugh.
Drinking beer is much worse than that type of weed by far ! as drinking can cause fights, smoking weed does not cause fights !

You can kill yourself by drinking Rum etc easy !
You can not kill yourself smoking Weed in fact !

But the weed of nowadays is rubbish as it's not what we smoked back in the 80's at all in fact !
The rubbish dope that is around nowadays is so as to get you smashed and off your face ? that's just stupid !

Not to mention the Dope smoked now is grown under lights is not to be smoked at all because such makes people freek out, this is because there is a chemical imbalance.

Never smoke Synthetic Dope as it's down right dangerious and so stupid to do so !

I have a mate who smoked dope from when he was 19yo to 56yo full on, like every hour on the hour ! and another dude one up from next door and they tell me what is what. as i have not smoked weed for over 28 years and have no regards to bother with any such, why well it just does not interest me at all !

Why did i take weed, well i was neve one to look up to such a thing at all ! but i was having a hell of a time and thought what the hell, as my life was a Slave ! just being treated so badly with no regard for me at all, forced to work full hard labour like a slave for crap money it was like i was in jail.
So i thought to hell with it, if it kills me Good ! because i did not want to live like a slave.
But i met a lot of good people who smoked weed ! nice people ! and i woke up to the lies peddled by idiots and Schools system the Media and Government. All that they wanted to do was control you period ! and they were not looking after your best interest at heart at all ! just stand over creep show Nazi types.

So i found out why i drank ! it was because i was fed up and needed somthing so as to free me from the darkness of the people around me. such was a bandaid ! but i have learnt how to deal with such people.
Thanks for this, Reggie. A teacher of mine I recently listened to, reminded me of the importance of self choice… to make Yahweh first in your life aside from all other things. It is possible by the spirit, but killing the flesh burying the old man in the grave with Christ has to come first, and that is based on self determination, and desire for the individual life… you don’t have to leave the people you associate with; just not partake if your strong enough to by Christ in you… it’s hard and a difficult process for those who have not been sober in awhile but there are sources out there one can get into, which can help. I never personally liked going to meetings like addicts for Christ or any other form of sobering group, in the end you have to decide what you want to do. Either live for God, or live for oneself; people can still be faithful and in disposition; but there are those who aren’t faithful at all, or say they are faithful but not living by the spirit.

Authenticity is the main thing… able to love God and love others as yourself, from one’s own heart and one living for God and teaching and learning and helping others adds value to one’s life, compared to the other roads which destruction of the mind/will/emotions are chipped slowly away growing worse over time…

I wish I felt better I’m glad tonight is my last night of work going into four days off, I need to just straight cut my own supply off and go through the recover process, and as of now continue to go through the motions as the minutes and hours pass by, I need to get back in the right mind and go full on for the LORD, adding some type of value to my life that I dread and still hate sometimes.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for this, Reggie. A teacher of mine I recently listened to, reminded me of the importance of self choice… to make Yahweh first in your life aside from all other things. It is possible by the spirit, but killing the flesh burying the old man in the grave with Christ has to come first, and that is based on self determination, and desire for the individual life… you don’t have to leave the people you associate with; just not partake if your strong enough to by Christ in you… it’s hard and a difficult process for those who have not been sober in awhile but there are sources out there one can get into, which can help. I never personally liked going to meetings like addicts for Christ or any other form of sobering group, in the end you have to decide what you want to do. Either live for God, or live for oneself; people can still be faithful and in disposition; but there are those who aren’t faithful at all, or say they are faithful but not living by the spirit.

Authenticity is the main thing… able to love God and love others as yourself, from one’s own heart and one living for God and teaching and learning and helping others adds value to one’s life, compared to the other roads which destruction of the mind/will/emotions are chipped slowly away growing worse over time…

I wish I felt better I’m glad tonight is my last night of work going into four days off, I need to just straight cut my own supply off and go through the recover process, and as of now continue to go through the motions as the minutes and hours pass by, I need to get back in the right mind and go full on for the LORD, adding some type of value to my life that I dread and still hate sometimes.
I have a mate up the road who was badly into outright stupid drugs, but he has got himself off such rubbish, due to reading the Bible and help from other christian bodys etc, i have learnt a lot from him regarding drugs and he has been locked up 2 times in wally world and has educated me on that subject. But we do not see eye to eye regarding Christianity ? but i let him slide. i do not push him, but he loves to push like a Nazi type dictating such things. so i just let such slide, because i do not want him to loose faith ! but he does come around to understand some things i have explained to him and he said that he never knew but now he has a handle on a point on a issue ? and the same with me regarding what he has been ranting on about ! not that one will pick up directly in talking to one another ?

And another good mate who got way out of control, well he is off the drugs now for some time and has woke up from that Darkness, he became a very Evil bad man ! lossed in the drugs speed and weed, Grog ? but we went to Church as kids and that bit of faith was always their hidden ? and when i talked to him this would be exposed but then all of a sudden out came Satan out of the blue, like snap ! Evil and retarded ego driven moron ! he could not control himself ! this took him over, because of the drugs ! such made his faith weak ?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok you Brothers & Sisters tell me what you think of this situation.

I've been a pot smoker most of my life. I have also been Epileptic most of my life. When I was young, Iused it recreationally and I read the articles saying it was good for Glaucoma and good for epileptics. I used that as an excuse to smoke recreationally. But it never got out of hand. No way would I (or did I) ever go to work stoned. It's nice to be thinking clearly especially in my line of work. Nights & weekends kind of thing.

But eventually, I grew out of it. Smoking pot is a young man thing. I was about 35 then and wanted to set the pot down. So I did. And 3 days later I had the first epileptic seizure that I had in 18 years. I thought I had grown out of being epileptic too, and had gone totally off my medication for a long time without a seizure so I thought it was ok. 3 days later I did have a seizure by stopping smoking pot. SO I did what I should have and went to the doctor, EG and all that, back on medication.

I started smoking pot again too ust in case, because I had to drive for my work. Every job is a different house. I can't be having seizures in traffic! I started smoking again and went on medicine and I remained seizure free for another 11 years. And by that time, I wanted to quit smoking pot again. EH, that was prolly a fluke that happened before. So I did quit smoking pot again, after all, I was still on medication and everything was ok. 1 seizure in 11 years I didnt feel high risk. high risk. Stop smoking pot and exactly 4 days later I had another seizure. A grand mal seizure at 70 mph on the highway. I rolled the truck 3 times after hitting a tree. (It was the Lord saved my Life!!)

That proved one thing that day. It wasnt a fluke that I had a seizure from not smoking pot. First time I tried to quit, 3 days later. 2nd time I quit, 4 days later and on medication at the same time! SO guess what? I smoke pot. I have to drive to live. I have all sorts of things to do around town. Groceries, pay bills, buy stuff. I live alone and I dont have a chauffer, lol.

It's a young man thing, smoking pot. I dont want to be a pot smoker. I like being clear headed. I dont have to smoke much. A few hits in the evening keeps it in my system so I can feel confident enough to drive. Plus it's a good muscle relaxer and lets me sleep better. I got a lot of back damage in the accident.

What would you do, Brothers & Sisters?
I have prayed about it and the Lord's pretty silent about it. So I came to the conclusion that this is prolly just my thorn in the flesh?

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have to ask that question on deception, then you don’t know the Bible

If you think the Bible is going to list every type of deception, the antichrist can use on you then you don’t know the Bible

The great tribulation is deception that has never been seen before, or never will be seen again

Do you have a detective mind?
No then Keep smoking
Satan will have a nice big joint for you and you could talk to all the fallen angels while you’re eating pizza

I just gave you tough love
But if you’re high, you won’t understand what I just said

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have to ask that question on deception, then you don’t know the Bible

If you think the Bible is going to list every type of deception, the antichrist can use on you then you don’t know the Bible

The great tribulation is deception that has never been seen before, or never will be seen again

Do you have a detective mind?
No then Keep smoking
Satan will have a nice big joint for you and you could talk to all the fallen angels while you’re eating pizza

I just gave you tough love
But if you’re high, you won’t understand what I just said

Yeah, that occured to me. What if this is something that I have to overcome? Except I can't. If I stop smoking pot altogether then I'll have a seizure 3 days later. If it's something that I have to overcome, then it is not a problem...more of a mountain.