So, as one relatively new still, what's with the name calling, insults,pejoratives

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because one cannot lose what they never had.

And who are you to say they never had salvation? That is just another common, convenient lie, that you simply cannot prove is true.

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Timothy 4:1

How can they possibly abandon a faith they never had, they cannot, they had faith, were saved and then lost it. Or will you really try to say they too never were saved to begin with?

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And after doing that, and as Jesus said, if they begin to live a life of doing evil, they lose their salvation, and they will be raised from the dead to be condemned, making OSAS null and void.
See the bolded part of your remarks above.
Scripture?

When you abused the scripture about no one being able to pluck them out of his hand, you forget the things that Christ taught us we must do, meaning, if we do as Christ told us to do, then, and only then will no one will be able to pluck them from his hand. Stop teaching half truths....please.
There is no such thing as conditional salvation.
All that you are saying again in an effort to disprove God's free irrevocable gift of Salvation is the result of not teaching half truth but rather of avoiding the full truth in scripture.

Years ago I would have committed myself to this type debate. Foolishly thinking my effort could change someone's mind about OSAS being false.

Since that time I've lived a great deal, and witnessed many things. I've also grown in my relationship with Christ . And today it is less of an effort to clear my mind and let the holy spirit within me guide my words.
Whereas before, those years ago, I committed myself to leading someone to right understanding.

Today I know that when someone insists on defending something that is not in line with the full original Gospel, and realizing this can be said if me by others of a different viewpoint to my Exegesis, it would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to believe I can open eyes where God's light cannot.

The verse below is a Godsend that reiterates that. For me the message is clear and sustains eternal irrevocable salvation. OSAS.
Jesus said; “Those who believe in the Son have eternal life, but those who do not obey the Son will never have life. God’s anger stays on them.” John 3:36
That is a great passage to post here because it serves to reiterate my prior observations as pertains to OSAS family in Christ, and those who are not.

And it does so most beautifully in the last sentence.
God's anger remains on them...that do not obey Christ.

Obedience follows repentance.
Again, those upon whom the anger of God remains are not in Jesus.

Jesus tells us this in that passage.
Those who believe in the son have eternal life. Not revocable, conditional life. Eternal,immortal life.

But those who do not obey, believe in the Son, will never have life.
Belief in the son gives eternal life.
That is why God's anger remains on them. It never left when it remains there. And it remains there because they do not believe.
Because they aren't repentant, and obedience follows repentence. They are not in the faith, and God is not in them.

Thank you for your time and the scripture.:)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this whining.
You have to go on those threads that these hot debates are occurring.
If you do not like it...don't go there.
The social concept of whining to try to control people is common...but most are seeing through it.
I have said ever since I have been here that the sheep are Christ's best. But wolves pray on sheep and it is someone else's mission to confront them.
So some of us confront evil and evil slithers around on some of these threads and I confront them.
OSAS is not just a theological opinion...it is trying to convince people that they can sin all they want and still go to heaven.
That heaven will be full of all sorts of evil and evildoers.
People that come to Christianity with the intent of changing their ways and their lives are met with these OSAS heretics and they are told, you don't need to change...as long as you believe in Christ, trust Him, He guarantees you heaven. Sin in confidence!
So ya know I confront them. The devil's own.
But I will make a deal with you gals and gays...you say a prayer for the next week that you will take full responsibility for souls that are lead to damnation by these OSOS prophets...I will slack off...a little.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who are you to say they never had salvation? That is just another common, convenient lie, that you simply cannot prove is true.

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Timothy 4:1

How can they possibly abandon a faith they never had, they cannot, they had faith, were saved and then lost it. Or will you really try to say they too never were saved to begin with?

The bible says it all over the place. Like here in 1st John.

3:4-10
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that there are some who can lose it. I'm one of the ones who can't.
I'm not sure about the former but I'm positive about the latter. :)

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as conditional salvation.

Prove it.

I have and will again prove you wrong:

Jesus said; “Those who believe in the Son have eternal life, but those who do not obey the Son will never have life. God’s anger stays on them.” John 3:36

See the clear conditions?

Or are you saying we can disobey the son and still have eternal life? Yes or no?

Obedience follows repentance

Prove that is always the case, and again, I will prove it is not.

Or are you saying those people are obediant In following deceiving spirits?

This is the second time I've proven with scripture you are wrong, yet when I ask you to prove your points, I get nothing. Why are you ignoring scripture that clearly shows you are wrong, and are a false teacher? Do I need to show you a third time? I mean you can ignore it, but everyone who can read, can see you have been proven wrong, so how does ignoring tbe truth help your case?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm saved in spite of myself...you seem to need to prove yourself right. Let her be...don't you think you might be upsetting her?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

The following had faith and abandoned it:

Are you saying they did not have faith, And did not abandon it? Why are you ignoring the truth?

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I perceived that once again, the Board was under attack tonight by servants of the evil one, and here we are arguing with each other.
There's something wrong with this picture.

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why does hostility, disrespect, insults, intentions to hurt one another's feelings, or belittle our faith, etc... enter in?

I don't truly know, but as I'm not completely innocent either I can think of only one answer. We aren't Jesus. We're all just a bunch of sinners that have not earned our salvation but it comes out of grace and love since we haven't done anything to deserve it.

I agree. I also think it comes from the fact of what I seen is that many attack here instead of find things out. For instance the Catholics here always get attacked and lies are always told about them. It is unfortunate that those who say they are Christians are always doing this. It would be nice if there was less accusations and more questions. There should be rules about this type of thing to make a better forum for all types of orthodox Christians

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Going with this thread relating to that thread of your own and to that which you refer.

Certainly, I would not agree censorship advocscy is a good example to those seeking evidence of what it means to live in Christ.
I think it sends an odd message to impart support for censorship. That we are saved from our sins but we have to save ourselves through censorship from other people's thoughts put into words.

Whereas this thread pertains to our heart and state of mind as professed people of faith interacting with one another.
And the message it sends about our church to seekers who may be reading, when we are ungracious to one another while discussing the bible, God, and what it means to live in Christ.
I am of the opinion that witness encompasses a whole range of things, not just how we interact with one another.....
If I remember rightly many were condemned and accused of not being Christian for not supporting a certain person in the elections, many are judged for following the vaccine, wearing masks ect. I have seen many people accusing many for their actions and proclaiming a non Christian attitude if they didn’t follow a certain things........So, often actions can lead to verbal insults which result in the kind of communication you are referring to in this thread.
However I do understand what you have relayed and what you are addressing here. I was merely making the point that ‘ conviction ‘ and ‘ concern ‘ for others reading what’s on the forum was behind it.
Rita

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the opinion that witness encompasses a whole range of things, not just how we interact with one another.....
If I remember rightly many were condemned and accused of not being Christian for not supporting a certain person in the elections, many are judged for following the vaccine, wearing masks ect. I have seen many people accusing many for their actions and proclaiming a non Christian attitude if they didn’t follow a certain things........So, often actions can lead to verbal insults which result in the kind of communication you are referring to in this thread.
However I do understand what you have relayed and what you are addressing here. I was merely making the point that ‘ conviction ‘ and ‘ concern ‘ for others reading what’s on the forum was behind it.
Rita
"However I do understand what you have relayed and what you are addressing here. I was merely making the point that ‘ conviction ‘ and ‘ concern ‘ for others reading what’s on the forum was behind it."
The above is precisely the why behind my OP.
Thank you for your understanding and support.:)