(so-called reformation)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
he who has will be given more....he who hasn't will have taken from him even what he thinks he has....Jesus

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will never understand why Catholics try to teach/mingle with/correct/try to convince/justify/attempt to protect/ their beliefs.

The Catholic doctrine is set apart from everything else. I have come to believe that the Catholic church even falls into the definition of
a cult... therefore... there is no reasoning... and no purpose for TRYING to defend something amongst those who are not PART of it.

It's like trying to fix a broken car battery with a watch battery... useless and waste of time.

I have noticed over the years in my visits to different sites with forums... that it seems to be a THING where Catholics argue their doctrines with NON CATHOLICS... Nothing ever gets resolved... nothing ever gets accomplished... It is like the SONG that never ends... it goes on and on and then... LOL

jude 1:3

yes but you have it the other way around

the catholic dogma is the true divine revelation that cane 1500 years before the great errors of the so-called reformers

Christ founded the church in peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18
The church existed before the New Testament
The church wrote the New Testament
The church cannonized the Bible (not 66) and has authority to interpret the Bible

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only one true church founded by Jesus christ! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Mother of God Lk 1:43
Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

(so-called reformation)

That’s called rebellion not reformation!
No authority to start new churches Matt 16:18 only Christ has this authority
He is the only mediator!

Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

Where’s the biblical mandate for a reformation
Christ founded the one true church and it cannot be reformed

divine revelation is from God and is immutable cannot be reformed

it is the truth!

what authority did the so-called reformers have?

They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

To admit belief in the reformation is to admit that the Catholic Church is the one true church of Jesus Christ founded on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Again where is the outrage against these interlopers!

You see how the Bible is our book
Peace of Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It was corruption and more than corruption. It was a PERVERSION of the Gospel, which would damn millions of souls to Hell.

not what Christ and the Bible say
Matt 16:18 jn 8:32 jn 16:13
1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@theefaith You obviously did not read the part of my post where I have stated I will NOT discuss Catholicism.

I therefore have not and will not read what you have written... but I am addressing you out of respect.

How I perceive the Catholic church is my own private matter and I have absolutely NO DESIRE to discuss it with those who defend Catholicism.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith You obviously did not read the part of my post where I have stated I will NOT discuss Catholicism.

I therefore have not and will not read what you have written... but I am addressing you out of respect.

How I perceive the Catholic church is my own private matter and I have absolutely NO DESIRE to discuss it with those who defend Catholicism.

Saint Jerome said:
“Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ”!
So rejection of scripture is rejection of Christ! 2 Tim 2:12 applies

your pet doctrine of your high priest luther is more important that scripture and the divine revelation of Jesus Christ!

I see!

luther declares himself to be no authority on anything since he says the Bible is the only authority so he cannot be an authority!
Christ alone builds the church Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles Eph 2:20

not on condemned excommunicated heretics

but I forgot you have your own personal covenant with God!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain scripture
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

especially Jn 20:21 as my father sent me so I send you
This is so simple. He did not send anyone to do what He alone did on the altar in heaven that anyone can access for themselves through their faith.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh my how the scripture contradicts you!

Rom 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints
He didn't go there to minister what Christ himself, alone, ministers to anyone who has faith in what He did for them on the altar in heaven.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No authority to start new churches Matt 16:18 only Christ has this authority
You seem to have a problem differentiating between earth bound organizations called 'churches' and the real church which is composed of every person who believes in Christ's work on the altar in heaven.

He is the only mediator!
Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????
I'm very outraged that the Catholics usurped Christ's authority and tell people they can only get to Jesus and the Father through them.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is ministering so he is a mediator

now what!
You're not listening. He's not a mediator of that which Christ alone is the mediator. Christ mediates man's justification before God ALONE. There is no mortal priesthood in the process anymore. That's the very system of weakness and corruption that Christ himself laid aside when he performed his Priestly work of redemption on the altar in heaven. Now all men go to God through Jesus, not a man made priesthood. That's what the New Covenant is all about. Your corrupt church usurped authority by inserting their earthly system of priests in between man and Jesus to do what Jesus already does by himself between himself and man through their faith.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is ministering so he is a mediator

now what!
You're not following along very well. The argument is that Jesus alone mediates what it is, particularly, that the High Priest mediates. There are other priestly duties involving the maintenance and care of the temple that us believers are called and gifted to do. But the duty of the High Priest belongs to Christ alone and everyone who has faith in Him accesses His work directly without the necessity of going through an earthly, mortal priest as the Catholics contend.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great Protestant double standard!

no outrage at these usurpers against the one and only mediator Jesus Christ!

The 'Christ' your church claims to worship looks like a wafer. Really.

So, your church 'walks by sight, not by faith'. It's that simple.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'Christ' your church claims to worship looks like a wafer. Really.

So, your church 'walks by sight, not by faith'. It's that simple.

no faith n Christ actually believes what he Says!

Matthew 26:26
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this ismy body.

matt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.