(so-called reformation)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(so-called reformation)

That’s called rebellion not reformation!
No authority to start new churches Matt 16:18 only Christ has this authority
He is the only mediator!

Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

Where’s the biblical mandate for a reformation
Christ founded the one true church and it cannot be reformed

divine revelation is from God and is immutable cannot be reformed

it is the truth!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(so-called reformation)

He is the only mediator!

Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

it is the truth!
The Reformers rebelled against your corruption. Especially your 'works earn salvation' corrupted gospel.

Reactions: Nancy and Charlie24

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reformers rebelled against your corruption. Especially your 'works earn salvation' corrupted gospel.

by what authority?
They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

faith yes
Faith alone no
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Works? Really? I thought only faith matters!!!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what authority did the so-called reformers have?

They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To admit belief in the reformation is to admit that the Catholic Church is the one true church of Jesus Christ founded on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?
Where is your outrage at the pretensions of Popery? How dare any evil (or moderately evil) pope call himself "the Vicar of Christ", and how dare any pope pervert the true Gospel of Christ?

Reactions: Nancy and Charlie24

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by what authority?

faith yes
Faith alone no
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Works? Really? I thought only faith matters!!!!!
Faith all by itself justifies (makes a person righteous) apart from the merit of work. This is crystal clear in scripture. What is not so obvious to Protesters is that the Bible also says the faith that justifies 'apart from work' (not faith 'alone') is the faith that works (Galatians 5:6). But in no way does that work transform a person into a righteous person as the Catholics claim. Transformation happens entirely by faith in God's promise, all by itself, apart from works. This is the gospel in the Bible. The reformers had to abandon the Catholic church in order to follow and promote the true gospel.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. It was corruption and more than corruption. It was a PERVERSION of the Gospel, which would damn millions of souls to Hell.
FINALLY.... something we can ABSOLUTELY agree on. Well said Sir Enoch...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is your outrage at the pretensions of Popery? How dare any evil (or moderately evil) pope call himself "the Vicar of Christ", and how dare any pope pervert the true Gospel of Christ?

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

Isa 22:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith all by itself justifies (makes a person righteous) apart from the merit of work. This is crystal clear in scripture. What is not so obvious to Protesters is that the Bible also says the faith that justifies 'apart from work' (not faith 'alone') is the faith that works (Galatians 5:6). But in no way does that work transform a person into a righteous person as the Catholics claim. Transformation happens entirely by faith in God's promise, all by itself, apart from works. This is the gospel in the Bible. The reformers had to abandon the Catholic church in order to follow and promote the true gospel.

so grace is not required?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering Necessary part of Salvation!

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Christ completed his ministry in heaven 2000 years ago, all by Himself without anyone's help. And every person who breathes can access it for themselves and by themselves by simply placing their trust in it. No Catholic priest required.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Duh I just put it together that Protestant = Protest, not being raised in faith no one ever explained any of this to me. I wondered why we were called that.

Maybe they were protesting the things the Catholic Church does against Jesus’ teaching. Like calling anyone father but our father in heaven, praying to saints for intersession, worshiping Jesus’ mom instead of him. I understand that Jesus started the Catholic Church but the Roman Catholic Church has been infiltrated by Satan. I wouldn’t let my kids go to a Catholic Church for good reason and it’s not the doctrine.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ completed his ministry in heaven 2000 years ago, all by Himself without anyone's help. And every person who breathes can access it for themselves and by themselves by simply placing their trust in it. No Catholic priest required.

explain scripture
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

especially Jn 20:21 as my father sent me so I send you

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great Protestant double standard!

no outrage at these usurpers against the one and only mediator Jesus Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

oh my how the scripture contradicts you!

Rom 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

still waiting for your outrage!
Only one mediator you said!

(so-called reformation)

He is the only mediator!

it is the truth!

what authority did the so-called reformers have?

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

To admit belief in the reformation is to admit that the Catholic Church is the one true church of Jesus Christ founded on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Again where is the outrage against these interlopers!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will never understand why Catholics try to teach/mingle with/correct/try to convince/justify/attempt to protect/ their beliefs.

The Catholic doctrine is set apart from everything else. I have come to believe that the Catholic church even falls into the definition of
a cult... therefore... there is no reasoning... and no purpose for TRYING to defend something amongst those who are not PART of it.

It's like trying to fix a broken car battery with a watch battery... useless and waste of time.

I have noticed over the years in my visits to different sites with forums... that it seems to be a THING where Catholics argue their doctrines with NON CATHOLICS... Nothing ever gets resolved... nothing ever gets accomplished... It is like the SONG that never ends... it goes on and on and then... LOL