So, What is our personal standing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, of course, I don't believe it is money or riches, but gifts of the Spirit for ministry.

But it says “Lay up for yourselves....treasure in heaven ...”.
What are you ‘laying up’?
It is something we are told to do...

Reactions: pompadour

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Broadly I would say the FEW things; hinges on individuals Mimicking Jesus, (our Example). And the MANY things: is Gods Authority over BOTH the faithful and the deniers.

Glory to God,
Taken

ByGrace ~

My point is One who IS "in Standing", IS already "MADE" Converted IN Christ...
Yes, that may be a "Given" understanding of some, but not all.

However beyond the "relationship through Conversion", which "establishes" the "STANDING". A person "IN Standing", has then the "authority" to Speak the Word of God "with authority", and Has the "gift" of the Holy Spirit, TO BE a recipient of Gods "Understanding" of His Word.

In brief; a Converted man "has a dog in the fight" To STAND UP for thee Lord God, whereas, an unConverted man, has "no standing"....or otherwise authority to STAND FOR OR AGAINST thee Lord God.
And Lending an ear to them, is irrelevant.

It is also, a basic adopted principle, of the founding fathers having established US Law.

THAT ^ we find effected particularly in a courtroom setting, (which is effected between a person and the Judge)...
If the person has "NO STANDING"; the Judge refuses to "HEAR" what the person "wants" to say.

And we find the same Shall be, on the day, men "without" Standing IN thee Lord Jesus (the Judge), he being without Standing, shall have no say. <--- Because such a man is WIHOUT "excuses", which is the point, for a man "wanting" to speak before the Judge...so the Judge WILL HEAR, the persons LIST of EXCUSES for having Rejected Him...and that will not happen.

Just saying, a man IN STANDING, HAS the authority to Speak Directly to "THEE Lord God", where as a man NOT IN STANDING, does not have that authority, and shall NOT be heard, not in this day, nor on the day of Judgement.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RICHES, can be complicated.
RICHES ~ Spiritually is RICH in Spirit.
RICHES ~ Worldly is Worldly accumulations.

Treasures layed up in Heaven are "REWARDS", "FOR" the man WHO;
IS Spiritually RICH IN Spirit,
AND
Lives during his natural life-time, According to a Spiritual life...
AND
Spreads the Word of God, According TO Gods Understanding.

They shall be REWARDED, for BEING a Faithful Servant.

Their REWARD for BEING a Faithful Servant, While IN THEIR NATURAL FLESH, is a REWARD, they shall receive, AFTER, their body is glorified.

Natural men have not yet received their Reward...Their Rewards are being Accounted, (noted), and Stored IN Heaven for them to receive in the future.

HOWEVER...The Lord God, ALSO does "Increase" a natural living faithful "Servant," while still such man is IN his natural living Flesh. THeir "Increase" is an abundance of "Worldly needs", that natural men NEED.

Their "abundance" / "increase"; is because all men in the world require particular earthly things to sustain their lives....and a FAITHFUL "Servant, with INCREASE," is ALSO the one WHO, comprehends; the INCREASE, is FOR, them to "BE Charitable,"
(According to Gods Understanding)
and GIVE to others IN NEED of a mans basic Needs, and give God The Credit, for their increase and ability to Give to Others. <--- A faithful servant who does THAT, furthers their Rewards/Treasures, stored up in Heaven. (Ie taught through CROWNS and bejeweled Crowns a man shall receive for BEING charitable with their own "increase".)

It's a basic. God INCREASES a faithful servant and the faithful servant INCREASES others, through CHARITY, with Credit forward to God, that the others MIGHT beging to hear and believe, become Increased themselves, and they become the Charitable givers, and have their OWN rewards stored up in Heaven, for their Faithful Service.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives rewards both in an eternity and on this earth.

On this earth they can be many things and it varies individual to individual. There is no biblical list of everything.

In heaven there are exactly 5 rewards that are listed in the Bible. They are crowns.
Crowns in Heaven - Are There Rewards for Christians?
Everyone in the church is promised a mansion, which we have no clue about its true meaning.But not as a reward, but as part of being the bride.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 3438 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
monhv from (3306)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Mone 4:579,581
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
mon-ay' Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode
  2. to make an (one's) abode
  3. metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers
Exactly what will we be doing in heaven we do not know. But it will be meaningful and fulfilling.

But remember, if you get your reward on this earth, it is time limited.

Of course it does not mean you cannot get rewarded on both on the earth and in eternity.

I believe the Bible is deliberately vague on these issues because we are supposed to be serving God, not ourselves. Rewards are consequences of service.

Reactions: Helen and pompadour

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is based on our ministry. We are all to spread the gospel.

1 Corinthians 3:
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

As you know there are over 30,000 denominations. Not all are preaching 100% truth. There are some that are actually teaching false doctrine, for those with "itching ears." Jude 1:4 calls them turning the grace of God into lasciviousness. Those are teaching false doctrine regarding sin. John 8:34-36 is truth. Anything less will be burned, though the preacher may be saved if he is an overcomer. Jesus frees us from even the desire to sin. He who keeps sinning is a slave to sin and is still a sinner. Only sons and daughters of God will be saved, because Jesus has freed them from committing sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and friend of

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man what is required of you? But to do good , love Justice and walk humbly with your God.

Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not what I say? ( Jesus )

Our righteousness is as filthy rags. None is righteous, no not one.

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for them that love Him.

I was thirsty and you gave me water, I was hungry and you gave me food, I was in prison and you visited me.

I think the little things we do for other people, A smile, a kind word, holding the door for the person behind you, saying or do doing something to make some one smile, helping some one in need. I think that is the coin of the Kingdom.

I heard a man once say " I don't want to hear a gospel, I want to see one. "

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does our personal 'treasure chest' look like ?

Prov.11.18 ".... to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward."

Matt. 25 19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliverest unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Also...what are the - "few things"... ?
...and what is the - "ruler over many things" ?

Helen: I think @pompadour 's post hits 'home' with me.

Our self, heart or spirit, possessed by Christ is one of good cheer, full of love and joy. It wants to always please with thoughts of doing even the small things in life to glorify and make an impact for God, our Father. We lend a hand with our time and sometimes other resources; whether it is for a complete stranger, neighbor or family member. Our heart does not judge, plan or care of self in the process. It just does, spontaneously, although thoughtfully and to best of our abilities. We are always prepared and ready to serve and do the will of our Father, as his Son, our Christ, his spirit, is always there to guide us. We have Christ and we work together as one team, as one spirit.

These outpourings from the heart, spawned from Christ’s spirit is the treasure that is precious and priceless in the sight of our God.

This is the true heart in the Kingdom of God. This is the true believer. It is always prepared and ready to serve.

The parable of the talents then gives us a glimpse or insight into who wears the Father’s garments in this world and who remains defiant, or in deceit, without the spirit of Christ. The one with the least expectation of reward still does not do the will of God because he/she does NOT KNOW the will of God. Their heart is not in it. Their carnal mind rules their heart with free will – servants of sin and self. The one with the greatest expectation of reward of course succeeds, every time, and is given even a bigger and stronger heart in the process, to serve God in a larger capacity.

I stand in Christ today, believing that what is good is from the heart and spirit of Christ not from myself and my own corrupted free-will. I continue to grow being infused in the spirit from above. This is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Blessings to you,

APAK

Reactions: Helen and pompadour

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matt. 25 19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliverest unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Hi

The "few things" are the talents entrusted to them in this parable.

The "ruler over many things" is the authority over the nations given the faithful believing remnant of Israel who will reign with Christ when he comes to establish the Davidic kingdom on earth. See Matthew 24:47
Matthew 25:21 Luke 19:17

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

I'm not sure we can really know. Do we know what is in our hearts? Do we truly know God's will for us?

Paul wrote that he does not judge himself, that Jesus will judge when He comes, since He is the one who knows. But if we can simply be submitted to God, doing whatever He wants because we know that's what is best, then I think we will receive maximum reward. I believe that is what God wants for us.

Much love!
Mark

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, how is it looking?
Matthew 25 19-21

Shalom Helen and all, But how have you all been doing? I found your post very interesting in our study also about this topic, however, we consider answering these questions, please look at the below:

27. The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 19:12-28) | Bible.org

After looking at the above, we always follow our Lord foot steps to be protected in all things. I Peter 2:21

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Shalom Helen and all, But how have you all been doing? I found your post very interesting in our study also about this topic, however, we consider answering these questions, please look at the below:

27. The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 19:12-28) | Bible.org

After looking at the above, we always follow our Lord foot steps to be protected in all things. I Peter 2:21

You don't hang around long do you, you are a coming and going sort of person. Stick around a for a bit. :)
Nice to see you here.

The Parable of the Talents and the 10 Virgins are two of my favourites for sure.

Thank you, I read the link you posted.
I guess it all comes down to the question, - Do we value our treasure and do we know what it is!

I believe that God Himself , being all things..is our Treasure.. (Oil)
And we lay-up by being in His presence.
What value is anything outside of that! Life is not worth the living.

I love that verse that Moses spoke-
"If thy Presence goes not with us, take us not up thence .."
Nailed it in one! Moses knew the value of the treasure.

Bless you...Helen

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't hang around long do you, you are a coming and going sort of person. Stick around a for a bit. :)
Nice to see you here.

The Parable of the Talents and the 10 Virgins are two of my favourites for sure.

Thank you, I read the link you posted.
I guess it all comes down to the question, - Do we value our treasure and do we know what it is!

I believe that God Himself , being all things..is our Treasure.. (Oil)
And we lay-up by being in His presence.
What value is anything outside of that! Life is not worth the living.

I love that verse that Moses spoke-
"If thy Presence goes not with us, take us not up thence .."
Nailed it in one! Moses knew the value of the treasure.

Bless you...Helen
Amen! We will try to stay closer to posting, Love you all.

B

brakelite

You get it. The good things we do for others with out thought or an expectation of reward, that is the spirit of Christ Jesus.
Summed up in one word. Character. The only thing we take with us into the after-life. And to him to whom much is given, much is expected.

Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Summed up in one word. Character. The only thing we take with us into the after-life. And to him to whom much is given, much is expected.

Yes...the roast will be taken out of the oven, so to speak, to see what has been produced. God provides the purity, and we provide the maturity....and character. Forged in the fire by God.

Until Christ be formed in us.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite