So, You Think It's Tough To Be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye."
-Christ.
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." - Christ (speaking to us through the apostle Paul)

BTW, "judge not" doesn't refer to our Christ-given duty to be "fruit inspectors" (Matthew 7:16 KJV) which is exactly what my statements about the papacy pertain to. "Judge not" refers to judging motive behind the fruit:
(1) OK: "Papists oppose many Bible principles."

(2) NOT OK: "Papists oppose many Bible principles and do so because by their conscious decision to oppose God, they hope to gain Earthly reward from the god of this world."
(an anti-Bible statement of motive appraisal)

See the difference between exposing darkness and declaring motive of dark behavior?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." - Christ (speaking to us through the apostle Paul)

BTW, "judge not" doesn't refer to our Christ-given duty to be "fruit inspectors" (Matthew 7:16 KJV) which is exactly what my statements about the papacy pertain to. "Judge not" refers to judging motive behind the fruit:

"Papists are members of what the Bible describes as the Antichrist system."
(a Christ-approves statement)

"Papists are members of what the Bible describes as the Antichrist system, and are such because they willingly serve the devil in order to obtain Earthly reward."
(an anti-Bible statement of motive appraisal)

See the difference?
With all due respect, Phoneman777, I'm just seeing a man (you) who's unwilling to cast the beam out of his eye.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, Phoneman777, I'm just seeing a man (you) who's unwilling to cast the beam out of his eye.
And pointing out your observation to me of your perceived deficiency in me is as much in accordance with our Biblical duty to be "fruit inspectors" as it is for me to point out to us all what the papacy has done.

Now, if you'd have said, "...unwilling to cast the beam out of his eye because he isn't saved; because he's a child of the devil; because he is bound for hell" - well that would be judging, which act the Bible condemns.

(BTW, I disagree with your observation)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the devil knows I am IN CHRIST, and not a candidate to be swayed to become one of his footsoldiers.

Glory to God,
Taken
Amen! The devil ain't concerned about all those who are happily being carried along by the current towards the deadly waterfall that lies just ahead - his eye is on those of us who are swimming against the current, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And pointing out your observation to me of your perceived deficiency in me is as much in accordance with our Biblical duty to be "fruit inspectors" as it is for me to point out to us all what the papacy has done.

Now, if you'd have said, "...unwilling to cast the beam out of his eye because he isn't saved; because he's a child of the devil; because he is bound for hell" - well that would be judging, which act the Bible condemns.

(BTW, I disagree with your observation)
You and I ware on two VERY different wavelengths here. Honestly I don't see much productivity to be had in conversation.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I ware on two VERY different wavelengths here. Honestly I don't see much productivity to be had in conversation.
Any conversation where someone with the popular yet unBiblical understanding of what "judge not" means has opportunity to gain a proper Biblical understanding of that is most definitely productive.

I hope you now understand the difference between the Biblically acceptable practice of judging the outward behavior of others who profess Christianity, and the unBiblical practice of assigning the motive in their heart for their behavior. :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any conversation where someone with the popular yet unBiblical understanding of what "judge not" means has opportunity to gain a proper Biblical understanding of that is most definitely productive.

I hope you now understand the difference between the Biblically acceptable practice of judging the outward behavior of others who profess Christianity, and the unBiblical practice of assigning the motive in their heart for their behavior. :)
Spread love, hope, and Truth.
Not hatred, fear, and mockery.

Now, as I said, you and I are two very different wavelengths, and I don't see this conversation being productive.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! The devil ain't concerned about all those who are happily being carried along by the current towards the deadly waterfall that lies just ahead - his eye is on those of us who are swimming against the current, right?

"His eye is on those of "them" who are swimming against the current, right!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spread love, hope, and Truth.
Not hatred, fear, and mockery.

Now, as I said, you and I are two very different wavelengths, and I don't see this conversation being productive.
What mockery? I was sincere about educating you. And, yes, we shouldn't spread hate nor fear, but love which includes warning others of danger their rose colored glasses won't allow them to see

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What mockery? I was sincere about educating you. And, yes, we shouldn't spread hate nor fear, but love which includes warning others of danger their rose colored glasses won't allow them to see
You spread hate, fear, and mockery about Catholicism. I've seen you do the same about other faiths.
There's not getting around it.
Like I said, there's nothing productive to be had here.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If one is gullible enough to join with error then on
Well, it's is of a truth that they who are ignorant of the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Ever heard of St. Bartholomew's Massacre? Christians were slaughtered indiscriminately by the papacy after being given the assurance by papal authorities that it was no longer a crime to practice a brand of Christianity contrary to Rome. It was a ruse....when the clock struck at a predetermined time, the carnage commenced and when it was over, the pope was so pleased by the tens of thousands of murdered "heretics" that he had a commemorative coin struck in honor of the event.

Today, the papacy is welcoming everyone with open arms to join her in ecumenical ecstasy. But, because you are now armed with vital information about the past, you are equipped now to avoid making the same mistakes those slaughtered Christians did then. You're welcome :)

If one is gullible enough to join with error then one gets what one deserves.

I find it interesting that you haven't comented on praying for Christian being perscuted even those who are not protestant.

Reactions: Dave L

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You spread hate, fear, and mockery about Catholicism. I've seen you do the same about other faiths.
What a classic example of liberalism you are! A self appointed critic of what is love and hate who derives there license to do so from believing they've cornered the market on love and compassion. Leviticus 19:17 reveals who the true haters are.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is gullible enough to join with error then on

I find it interesting that you haven't comented on praying for Christian being perscuted even those who are not protestant.
Pray for everyone, for "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think where we'd be if God adopted that same attitude with Adam and Eve and the rest of us...instead of warning and pleading with us to turn from sin and surrender to Him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My love for others compels me to warn them about the past so they don't become future victims. If you consider that "hate" I think its time you reevaluate your thinking.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My love for others compels me to warn them about the past so they don't become future victims. If you consider that "hate" I think its time you reevaluate your thinking.
If you love, then declare Christ and follow His commands.
Thurst the beam out of your eye, and declare HIs good things.

And that's the last thing I'm going to say here, because there is nothing productive to be had.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you love, then declare Christ and follow His commands.
Thurst the beam out of your eye, and declare HIs good things.

And that's the last thing I'm going to say here, because there is nothing productive to be had.
And if you love Christ, confront your long held error that exposing sin without assigning motive is perfectly acceptable Christian behavior and NOT worthy of condemnation by those who have no idea what "judge not" means.