So, You Think It's Tough To Be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?" - Acts 19:15

Does the devil know who you are?​

In a time when any deviation from the Papal religion meant certain death, many Christians struggled to remain faithful to our Lord -- but those who endeavored to serve as shepherds over those of the Protestant Reformed church - whose steadfast work kept the fire of faith burning in the hearts of so many of their scattered, persecuted flocks - were regarded with such special hatred and contempt by Church authorities that every devilish tactic that could be devised was used to track down and silence all these who dared oppose their authority by seeking to fulfill Christ's Great Commission to "go ye into all the world".

Here is one such example of what true Christian heroism looks like: the story of Pastor Claude Brousson and the 17th century persecutions of God's faithful in France.

Claude Brousson

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?" - Acts 19:15
Does the devil know who you are?
In a time when any deviation from the Papal religion meant certain death, many Christians struggled to remain faithful to our Lord -- but those who endeavored to serve as shepherds over those of the Protestant Reformed church - whose steadfast work kept the fire of faith burning in the hearts of so many of their scattered, persecuted flocks - were regarded with such special hatred and contempt by Church authorities that every devilish tactic that could be devised was used to track down and silence all these who dared oppose their authority by seeking to fulfill Christ's Great Commission to "go ye into all the world".

Here is one such example of what true Christian heroism looks like: the story of Pastor Claude Brousson and the 17th century persecutions of God's faithful in France.

Claude Brousson
Why do you constantly start these idiotic anti-Catholic threads??
Is there nothing else for you to discuss?? I'm certain that the devil knows who YOU are because he appears to be working through you . . .

EVERY time you bring up any kind of persecutions - you completely ignore the PROTESTANT persecutions of Catholics through the centuries. As I have schooled you on MANY occasions - there is plenty of blood on everybody's hands.

I suggest you get over it and try to serve God in the best possible way you can.

Reactions: Acolyte

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you constantly start these idiotic anti-Catholic threads??
Is there nothing else for you to discuss?? I'm certain that the devil knows who YOU are because he appears to be working through you . . .

EVERY time you bring up any kind of persecutions - you completely ignore the PROTESTANT persecutions of Catholics through the centuries. As I have schooled you on MANY occasions - there is plenty of blood on everybody's hands.

I suggest you get over it and try to serve God in the best possible way you can.
Welcome back, Dead Bread, haven't seen you in here for a while. Did you give up promoting catholic lies and distortions for Lent this year?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome back, Dead Bread, haven't seen you in here for a while. Did you give up promoting catholic lies and distortions for Lent this year?
I've been posting regularly.
There's ALWAYS work to be done when idiotic threads like this get started . . .

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys believe in Catholicism? Its as difficult a road not to work with them, as it is to see the benefits of it.Look how China had a central educational administration, and that centrality produced as far as I know, a united language. The Roman Latin Rite had a centralized language education to all its nations, and we all produced a Latin alphabet language or Romance language, and Kings would communicate across countries in Latin. Germanic language is to a lesser extent. Look at Church before the Pope and the Orthodox and you'll see Հայաստան Armenia, საქართველო Georgia, Ελλάδα Greece, България Bulgaria , Україна Ukraine. I Bet Orthodox countries can't have a centralized conversation because of how the Patriarchs of Orthodoxy were aligned, unless perhaps they learned greek to talk to the Ecumenical Patriarch? I definitely know the Great Commission was to First, teach in their language, to every Nation, but isn't this region of the world a global laughing stock? When has this been a great system? When do people comment on the great Orthodox system, especially when Russia took what they want out of it and left to be a 3rd Rome. Today proudly are Protestants following in great footsteps of the original formation of our great Christianity, and again, benefits and setbacks. What About the fall of democracy inside Christianity? So did the Russian Patriarch approach any Nation to join as an inferior, no one would be joining a community of equals with their new Czar or Ceasar. Orthodoxy had only remained so, Because a real life descended Ceasar kept moderation.

So Bishops in Orthodoxy Tended to serve a region usually side-by-side with national border and national identities. How much worse that appearance is for Protestants! Reformed religion gets confused for me in modern times, with ultra-nationalism! Each state has a sovereign Church? Anglicans changed sides using Bishops of the King to reach religiously into Scotland. Otherwise they are judges of Kings and governments in the Reformed faith rather than subordinated to Anglican faith. Wars for Reformed religion of Scotland, Ireland, England and Netherlands toppled many governments. English Kingdom changes faster than any other political thing that the Church is transformed into near Catholicism. Westminster Confession did impose Reformed religion on England until repealed, back to Anglicanism.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been posting regularly.
There's ALWAYS work to be done when idiotic threads like this get started . . .
I had no idea you had such a hatred for accurate historical account...well, I sorta did.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had no idea you had such a hatred for accurate historical account...well, I sorta did.
When you read some of the other responses your moronic little thread has garnered - you'll understand what I'm talking about . . .

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would much rather read posts that spread awareness of the perscution affecting Christians in the world today.
Stories of those long day and in glory do little for me when compared to the reports of Christians suffering today.

As a convinced protestant I read the reports of the suffering of orthodox, eastern, arminian and catholic Christians.
I may believe that there theology is wrong and wonder about there faith in Jesus.
That does not stop me praying for them in the situations they are in.
If they are Christian, not matter how weird and wrong their theology is they are still my brothers and sisters.

It is God who knows their hearts/souls and God who will rebuke us for our lack of compassion for them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would much rather read posts that spread awareness of the perscution affecting Christians in the world today.
Stories of those long day and in glory do little for me when compared to the reports of Christians suffering today.

As a convinced protestant I read the reports of the suffering of orthodox, eastern, arminian and catholic Christians.
I may believe that there theology is wrong and wonder about there faith in Jesus.
That does not stop me praying for them in the situations they are in.
If they are Christian, not matter how weird and wrong their theology is they are still my brothers and sisters.

It is God who knows their hearts/souls and God who will rebuke us for our lack of compassion for them.
Well, it's is of a truth that they who are ignorant of the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Ever heard of St. Bartholomew's Massacre? Christians were slaughtered indiscriminately by the papacy after being given the assurance by papal authorities that it was no longer a crime to practice a brand of Christianity contrary to Rome. It was a ruse....when the clock struck at a predetermined time, the carnage commenced and when it was over, the pope was so pleased by the tens of thousands of murdered "heretics" that he had a commemorative coin struck in honor of the event.

Today, the papacy is welcoming everyone with open arms to join her in ecumenical ecstasy. But, because you are now armed with vital information about the past, you are equipped now to avoid making the same mistakes those slaughtered Christians did then. You're welcome :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's is of a truth that they who are ignorant of the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Ever heard of St. Bartholomew's Massacre? Christians were slaughtered indiscriminately by the papacy after being given the assurance by papal authorities that it was no longer a crime to practice a brand of Christianity contrary to Rome. It was a ruse....when the clock struck at a predetermined time, the carnage commenced and when it was over, the pope was so pleased by the tens of thousands of murdered "heretics" that he had a commemorative coin struck in honor of the event.

Today, the papacy is welcoming everyone with open arms to join her in ecumenical ecstasy. But, because you are now armed with vital information about the past, you are equipped now to avoid making the same mistakes those slaughtered Christians did then. You're welcome :)
Christians of ALL groups have killed and persecuted each other. By spreading more hatred, you're only continuing the cycle. The only way to stop the cycle is to stop, listen, understand, and love each other.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians of ALL groups have killed and persecuted each other. By spreading more hatred, you're only continuing the cycle. The only way to stop the cycle is to stop, listen, understand, and love each other.
I'm pretty sure Protestantism is not guilty of the murderous rampages of the papacy or any other "Christian" group.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Protestantism is not guilty of the murderous rampages of the papacy or any other "Christian" group.
You got to be joking when you say that.

All of Protestant persecuting Jews (see Martian Luther's now anti-jewish works), the entire wars wages in Western Europe (1600-1700's) with Protestant killing Protestants, Protestants killing Muslims (this example of 1,500 dead just from 1976 Karantina massacre - Wikipedia), Protestant running the KKK, Protestant bombing fertility clinics (Peter Knight (anti-abortion activist) - Wikipedia), etc.

Now let's to this cycle of hate and each cast the beam out of our own eyes.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got to be joking when you say that All of Protestant persecuting Jews (see Martian Luther's now anti-jewish works)
...the entire wars wages in Western Europe (1600-1700's) with Protestant killing Protestants,
, Protestants killing Muslims (this example of 1,500 dead just from 1976 Karantina massacre - Wikipedia), Protestant running the KKK, Protestant bombing fertility clinics (Peter Knight (anti-abortion activist) - Wikipedia), etc.
I agree we should love and not hate, but the history of Protestantism shouldn't be characterized by the actions of a few evildoers who claim to be a part of it but whose actions expose them as not. The papacy, however, not only sanctioned evil, but rewarded it, praised it, and commemorated it.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree we should love and not hate, but the history of Protestantism shouldn't be characterized by the actions of a few evildoers who claim to be a part of it but whose actions expose them as not. The papacy, however, not only sanctioned evil, but rewarded it, praised it, and commemorated it.
"2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye."
-Christ.

D

Dave L

The State Churches killed many people. Not just the Catholics but the Reformed and Lutheran as well. Even the Anabaptist who were murdered by the State Churches killed a fair share too. But true Christianity follows Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and loves enemies instead of killing them, knowing his kingdom is spiritual, and not of this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does the devil know who you are?​

Yes, the devil knows I am IN CHRIST, and not a candidate to be swayed to become one of his footsoldiers.

Glory to God,
Taken