Sola Scriptura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever considered the opinions of a man named Jesus.

So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not valid.”

Jesus replied, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is valid, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I came from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. But even if I do judge, My judgment is true, because I am not alone; I am with the Father who sent Me. Even in your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. I am One who testifies about Myself, and the Father, who sent Me, also testifies about Me.”

Would this not be Sola Scriptura, just as we have been declaring to you.........
How is that Sola Scriptura?
Jesus is God.

if not, then why believe in God since there is no evidence but man's opinions.
Rom 1:19-20

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
P.S. The Catholic Church never claims any of the things you say.
Well then why are you lying about RCC teaching? Because all your posts in this thread have been that whatever contradicts RCC doctrine, is Bible-based, therefore "sola-scriptura is a man-made doctrine".

Does the RCC still make the false claim that "There is no salvation outside the (RCC) Church"?

Though I can, I'm not going to quote the scriptures which I mentioned, because everyone else who's posted in this thread knows which scriptures I'm referring to, and if you want to pretend you don't know where to find them, then I'm not taking the bait. All you will do is claim that I haven't provided any scriptures - your Modus Operandi throughout this thread.

Reactions: David in NJ

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great detailed response. But it doesn't actually change anything. The Catholic Church, exercising her perceived authority, changed the solemnity of the Sabbath to the first day of the week, and by doing so, exalted tradition above scripture.

Do you mean like the Catholic Church exercised her authority to dispense with circumcision for Gentiles (Acts 15)?

The Sabbath remains Saturday.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well then why are you lying about RCC teaching? Because all your posts in this thread have been that whatever contradicts RCC doctrine, is Bible-based, therefore "sola-scriptura is a man-made doctrine".

Does the RCC still make the false claim that "There is no salvation outside the (RCC) Church"?

Though I can, I'm not going to quote the scriptures which I mentioned, because everyone else who's posted in this thread knows which scriptures I'm referring to, and if you want to pretend you don't know where to find them, then I'm not taking the bait. All you will do is claim that I haven't provided any scriptures - your Modus Operandi throughout this thread.

What's this RCC?

I belong to the Catholic Church.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your church headquarters where the pope antichrist leader resides is in the vatican = in Rome.

Coincidence ??? - I THINK NOT

The Vatican is an independant city state. It is surrounded by Rome but not IN Rome.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL x 1000

State of the Vatican City (Stato della Citta Vaticano), ecclesiastical state, seat of the Roman Catholic Church, and an enclave in Rome, is situated in Rome, Italy, on the west bank of the Tiber River.
This area was chosen because Rome was leveled after a fire in A.D. 64 and Emperor Nero executed St. Peter and other Christian scapegoats at the base of Vatican Hill, where they were buried in a necropolis.

Reactions: Zao is life

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vatican is an independant city state. It is surrounded by Rome but not IN Rome.

LOL x 1000

State of the Vatican City (Stato della Citta Vaticano), ecclesiastical state, seat of the Roman Catholic Church, and an enclave in Rome, is situated in Rome, Italy, on the west bank of the Tiber River.
This area was chosen because Rome was leveled after a fire in A.D. 64 and Emperor Nero executed St. Peter and other Christian scapegoats at the base of Vatican Hill, where they were buried in a necropolis.

FLEE the harlot and run to Jesus - Sola Scriptura

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL x 1000

The authorities of Rome have no jurisdiction over the Vatican.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The authorities of Rome have no jurisdiction over the Vatican.

LOL x 100,000

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL x 100,000

Vatican City is the smallest country in the world
Encircled by a 2-mile border with Italy, Vatican City is an independent city-state that covers just over 100 acres, making it one-eighth the size of New York’s Central Park. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head. The Vatican mints its own euros, prints its own stamps, issues passports and license plates, operates media outlets and has its own flag and anthem.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, The CATHOLIC CHURCH
Perhaps you should request of your Pope that he correct wikipedia's page then:

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church and the largest religious denomination, with approximately 1.3 billion baptised Catholics worldwide as of 2019.

It's not too difficult. I'm sure wiki allows the RCC to correct its articles.

Theology Catholic theology
Polity Episcopal
Structure Communion
Pope Francis
Administration Roman Curia

Catholic Church - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have the answer in your question.
But blindness prevents from seeing the answer in the question.

Anyway, not attacking the man. Only the false doctrines he naturally espouses because he's been in it for too long.

If you shine light into a dark room the darkness will be expelled but the blind still won't see the light.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should request of your Pope that he correct wikipedia's page then:

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church and the largest religious denomination, with approximately 1.3 billion baptised Catholics worldwide as of 2019.

It's not too difficult. I'm sure wiki allows the RCC to correct its articles.

Theology Catholic theology
Polity Episcopal
Structure Communion
Pope Francis
Administration Roman Curia

Are you suggesting we use such things as Evidence, Logic and SOUND REASON - Blasphemy i tell you - lol

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But blindness prevents from seeing the answer in the question.

Anyway, not attacking the man. Only the false doctrines he naturally espouses because he's been in it for too long.

If you shine light into a dark room the darkness will be expelled but the blind still won't see the light.

Your wisdom = If you're standing in a dark room you can't expel darkness by hurling punches at the darkness. You shine a light into the darkness and the darkness will be expelled by the light.
But the blind still won't see the light.

I will always remember this - THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.