Sola Scriptura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps you should request of your Pope that he correct wikipedia's page then:

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church and the largest religious denomination, with approximately 1.3 billion baptised Catholics worldwide as of 2019.

It's not too difficult. I'm sure wiki allows the RCC to correct its articles.

Theology Catholic theology
Polity Episcopal
Structure Communion
Pope Francis
Administration Roman Curia

But blindness prevents from seeing the answer in the question.

Anyway, not attacking the man. Only the false doctrines he naturally espouses because he's been in it for too long.

If you shine light into a dark room the darkness will be expelled but the blind still won't see the light.

Are you suggesting we use such things as Evidence, Logic and SOUND REASON - Blasphemy i tell you - lol
You guys are a hoot.
Now is there anything you want to seriously discuss or are you just going to carry on trolling?

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are a hoot.
Now is there anything you want to seriously discuss or are you just going to carry on trolling?

Dear friend, you got me gut busting again - thank you -

You can have Peace in Christ or feed off of religion which is peas and rice.......
One gives Eternal Life the other just feeds your gut and comes out your but.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear friend, you got me gut busting again - thank you -

You can have Peace in Christ or feed off of religion which is peas and rice.......
One gives Eternal Life the other just feeds your gut and comes out your but.

Just carrying on trolling.
Then don't be offended if I just ignore you.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol. Ask a lawyer. Or a cop. They tell you it's true enough.
As far as opinion is concerned, that's what everything outside of scripture is.

It is well know that what people think they see can be viewed differently according to their biases.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps you should request of your Pope that he correct wikipedia's page then:

The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church and the largest religious denomination, with approximately 1.3 billion baptised Catholics worldwide as of 2019.

It's not too difficult. I'm sure wiki allows the RCC to correct its articles.

Theology Catholic theology
Polity Episcopal
Structure Communion
Pope Francis
Administration Roman Curia
This article was published by an anti-Catholic, because no Catholic would say the CC is a denomination. You gave no link to the wiki article, which tells me you have something to hide. Wikipedia is not an authoritive source for Catholic teaching. "you should request of your Pope that he correct wikipedia's page" reveals your uncharitable hostility and ignorance.

Reactions: Mungo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is well know that what people think they see can be viewed differently according to their biases.
That's very true. You get 5 witnesses, you get 5 different perspectives. But you know what? Prosecuting attorneys love that. It's the best evidence that they all speaking the truth. If they all agreed, people suspect they connived and made up the story. You know they're lying. It's like Protestantism compared to Catholicism.. Catholics all agree because of canon law. They dare disagree they get their backsides busted outa there right? Protestantism though, they all look at the truth from different leftovers. Summer see everything that happens, other's views are a little restricted. But they'll all agree o in the basic events. Their interpretations of those events may even differ as well, but their different perspectives paint a picture of overall authenticity. And I'm the scriptures, and only in the scriptures, not in any one church, either yours or mine, does one find the truth.

Reactions: David in NJ

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's very true. You get 5 witnesses, you get 5 different perspectives. But you know what? Prosecuting attorneys love that. It's the best evidence that they all speaking the truth. If they all agreed, people suspect they connived and made up the story. You know they're lying. It's like Protestantism compared to Catholicism.. Catholics all agree because of canon law. They dare disagree they get their backsides busted outa there right? Protestantism though, they all look at the truth from different leftovers. Summer see everything that happens, other's views are a little restricted. But they'll all agree o in the basic events. Their interpretations of those events may even differ as well, but their different perspectives paint a picture of overall authenticity. And I'm the scriptures, and only in the scriptures, not in any one church, either yours or mine, does one find the truth.

You are welcome to your false opinions.

Accurist

Jun 30, 2021
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't consider that a discussion.

Discussion
noun
a conversation or debate about a certain topic

Our discussion about Sola Scriptura had a beginning (#133, #154), middle (#155, #244, #246, #249, #274, #299), and an end (#330). It ended with you bowing out in post #330 after I prompted you in post #299 to address post #249. I can't think of why you'd lie by saying there wasn't a discussion except in an attempt to extricate yourself and salve your conscience.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to repeat the following because you didn't address it the first time: "'לְתֹורָ֖ה וְלִתְעוּדָ֑ה אִם־לֹ֤א יֹֽאמְרוּ֙ כַּדָּבָ֣ר הַזֶּ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר אֵֽין־לֹ֖ו שָֽׁחַר' (To the law rather, and to the testimony. And if they speak not according to this word, they shall not have the morning light) (Is. 8:20). Are the words "Sola Scriptura" in this verse?" Where does Isaiah claim "Scripture is the final arbiter in doctrine, faith, and practice" in this verse? Do any verses regarding "wizards" or sorcery of any kind make mention of "ecclesiastical councils" and "theologians?"

I have to repeat the following because you didn't address it the first time: "Furthermore, the law and testimony spoke of in Is. 8:20 is the law and testimony given to Isaiah in verse Is. 8:16: 'צוֹר, תְּעוּדָה; חֲתוֹם תּוֹרָה, בְּלִמֻּדָי' (Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples) which itself refers back to Is. 8:1-2: 'וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֵלַי קַח-לְךָ גִּלָּיוֹן גָּדוֹל; וּכְתֹב עָלָיו בְּחֶרֶט אֱנוֹשׁ, לְמַהֵר שָׁלָל חָשׁ בַּז' (And the Lord said to me: Take thee a great book, and write in it with a man's pen. Take sway the spoils with speed, quickly take the prey). 'וְאָעִידָה לִּי, עֵדִים נֶאֱמָנִים--אֵת אוּרִיָּה הַכֹּהֵן, וְאֶת-זְכַרְיָהוּ בֶּן יְבֶרֶכְיָהוּ' (And I took unto me faithful witnesses, Urias the priest, and Zacharias the son of Barachias). How does this context surrounding Is. 8:20 support Sola Scriptura?"

Edits:
Replaced double quotation marks with single quotation marks.
Unitalicized "ecclesiastical councils" and "theologians."

The Law and Testimony speak to Christ/Redemption/Salvation/Judgement/Eternal Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.