Sola scriptura?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is this sola scriptura. Is it a denomination now? Does it baptize people and pray over them to receive the holy spirit, pass out the bread and wine and give sermons and fellowship and take care of the needs of the needy and less fortunate, the widows. Does anyone have any examples of the fruits of a sola scriptura organization?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can tell a more true church by it's workings and helping the less fortunate, like the widows and ill and poor. Proper churches bare fruits of Love. As in Galatians 5:22-25. It is a pleasant experience to attend one of those churches. They are about the community and visiting the ill and widows and the poor and in prison.

Matthew 7:15-19

New King James Version

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
I was in boy scouts and we did the same thing . THIS is NOT the ONLY way to know if a church is true or not .
THERE is more to it than just good works and giving to the poor , Many are now doing just that
yet they honor sins , they wont correct anything , they honor all paths and all religoins . NOW that is A DELUSION .
Cause the last time i checked no other path or religion can save . ONLY FAITH IN CHRIST
And JESUS aint the ministir of sin either . I Dont care if one gives all their food to the poor , if they willfully honor SIN
they dont know HIM . Sure many churches are focused on all kinds of outreach ministries that focus on helping the poor
But they have rainbow flags and honor that sin , more and more now believe GOD is fine with all religions and IT aint even necessary
to have to BELEIVE IN CHRIST to be saved . They are lost . THEY dont have charity or they would rejoice in TRUTH , NOT IN LIES
not in sin and not in inquity . A delusion is abouding massive my friend . ITS simply preaches a message
that everyone can agree on , BUT IT AINT CHRIST centered and it sure aint the love that comes From GOD .
We ought to give to those in need , but we ought to KNOW that gospel well .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in boy scouts and we did the same thing . THIS is NOT the ONLY way to know if a church is true or not .
THERE is more to it than just good works and giving to the poor , Many are now doing just that
yet they honor sins , they wont correct anything , they honor all paths and all religoins . NOW that is A DELUSION .
Cause the last time i checked no other path or religion can save . ONLY FAITH IN CHRIST
And JESUS aint the ministir of sin either . I Dont care if one gives all their food to the poor , if they willfully honor SIN
they dont know HIM . Sure many churches are focused on all kinds of outreach ministries that focus on helping the poor
But they have rainbow flags and honor that sin , more and more now believe GOD is fine with all religions and IT aint even necessary
to have to BELEIVE IN CHRIST to be saved . They are lost . THEY dont have charity or they would rejoice in TRUTH , NOT IN LIES
not in sin and not in inquity . A delusion is abouding massive my friend . ITS simply preaches a message
that everyone can agree on , BUT IT AINT CHRIST centered and it sure aint the love that comes From GOD .
We ought to give to those in need , but we ought to KNOW that gospel well .
That appears to be a generalization. This post appears to be some denominational attack. I'm not even sure what church your talking about here though. So it really can't be defended by its followers. Hmmm.

Well if it is faith that saves then you would be not correct. As it is grace of Christ that saves. Faith without works is dead. There are many bible references that spell out the things that lead to salvation, like baptism and the bread and wine, faith and belief in Christ having the Holy Spirit obeying his commandments and forgiving others to name a few, obeying the commandments including the Royal Law (James 2:8-13). The sheep and goats parable has some warnings for those that don't show charity and love towards their neighbor (Matthew 25:31-46).

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that ALL Protestants adhere to the Catholic Tradition
Long before corrupt Gentiles renamed Christ’s Church, and routinely began their Traditions of their own holy father’s ... and poor Peter, “your rock”, unbeknownst to him... :rolleyes: ...and the teaching of lock stock interpretations...:rolleyes:

Nothing new, made up false facts, pretense you have authority to dictate whom your made up false facts apply to and of course your arrogant self-reaching back pat.
Same old and boring tactics as expected.

Writing scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Reading scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Repeating scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Reliance on scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics.

Ex 12:
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,

Ex 17:
[14] And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.

Isa 51:
[1] Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
[2] Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man is justified by “faith alone” apart from baptism!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

Please dont give me a dissertation on the answer but be ye Catholic or of Protestant persuasion .

Yes I'm ________________ will do.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what is this sola scriptura. Is it a denomination now?
You seem to have misunderstood the meaning of Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone). The Catholic church had elevated the writings of the Early Church Fathers (as well as their own man-made dogmas) to the level of Scripture (the Word of God), and called it "Holy Tradition". So the Reformers rejected this (almost) altogether, and said that all doctrines and practices must be based SOLELY on the Bible. However, they failed to strictly apply this principle to their own Reformed Theology, and allowed many ideas from the Catholic church to continue influencing them.

The writings of the Early Church Fathers are a valuable resource in seeing how early Christians interpreted the Bible and dealt with heretics. But many of them allowed their own ideas to enter into their writings, and some of them were misinterpretations. So the Catholic church doctrine became a mixture of truth an error. For example, there is no such thing as Purgatory in the Bible, but due to misinterpreting certain passages, the RCC made this a fundamental doctrine.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have misunderstood the meaning of Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone). The Catholic church had elevated the writings of the Early Church Fathers (as well as their own man-made dogmas) to the level of Scripture (the Word of God), and called it "Holy Tradition". So the Reformers rejected this (almost) altogether, and said that all doctrines and practices must be based SOLELY on the Bible. However, they failed to strictly apply this principle to their own Reformed Theology, and allowed many ideas from the Catholic church to continue influencing them.

The writings of the Early Church Fathers are a valuable resource in seeing how early Christians interpreted the Bible and dealt with heretics. But many of them allowed their own ideas to enter into their writings, and some of them were misinterpretations. So the Catholic church doctrine became a mixture of truth an error. For example, there is no such thing as Purgatory in the Bible, but due to misinterpreting certain passages, the RCC made this a fundamental doctrine.
Oh I see. I got confused because I know there are members here that only practice the bible and steer clear of churches altogether. So I thought that was sola scriptura.

I don't know about purgatory. I see some scripture describing Christ as refining silver and gold. Which I like.

Malachi 3:2-4
2 “But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner’s fire
And like launderers’ soap.
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousness.

Revelation 3:18
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope! Just one of your routine accusations everyone expects from you.
Ya, ya, familiar with your understanding that Truth means anti-Catholic.
Pssst. Nobody cares!
Look - if you level a charge that you can't back up with actual documentatin - then it's bogus by default.
Come on - even YOU'RE not that dense . . ..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long before corrupt Gentiles renamed Christ’s Chu, and routinely began their Traditions of their own holy father’s ... and poor Peter, “your rock”, unbeknownst to him... ...and the teaching of lock stock interpretations...

Nothing new, made up false facts, pretense you have authority to dictate whom your made up false facts apply to and of course your arrogant self-reaching back pat.
Same old and boring tactics as expected.

Writing scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Reading scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Repeating scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics,
Reliance on scripture is not accredited to gentile Catholics.

Ex 12:
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,

Ex 17:
[14] And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.

Isa 51:
[1] Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD:
look unto the ROCK whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
[2] Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

Yup - Jesus the Rosk (Matt. 21:42, 1 Cor. 10:4)
Abraham the Rock (Isa. 51:1-2)
Peter the Rock (Matt. 16:18)

Thanks for admoitting that.

As for the rest of your rant - it DOESN;t address the historical fact that the New Testament is indeed a Catholic Tradtion on which ALL Protestants hinge theor salvation . . .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess I've done enough damage here, on to other things, cheers :p

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look - if you level a charge that you can't back up with actual documentatin - then it's bogus by default.
Come on - even YOU'RE not that dense . . ..

If Scripture is not sufficient documentation for you...that’s on you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - Jesus the Rosk (Matt. 21:42, 1 Cor. 10:4)
Abraham the Rock (Isa. 51:1-2)
Peter the Rock (Matt. 16:18)

Thanks for admoitting that.

Your thanks for what was not discussed is moot.

As for the rest of your rant -

You never cease to twist...
First you THANK me what I did not discuss, then call what I didn’t say, a rant.

LOL ... Thanks for verifying your already known Catholic tactics.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That appears to be a generalization. This post appears to be some denominational attack. I'm not even sure what church your talking about here though. So it really can't be defended by its followers. Hmmm.

Well if it is faith that saves then you would be not correct. As it is grace of Christ that saves. Faith without works is dead. There are many bible references that spell out the things that lead to salvation, like baptism and the bread and wine, faith and belief in Christ having the Holy Spirit obeying his commandments and forgiving others to name a few, obeying the commandments including the Royal Law (James 2:8-13). The sheep and goats parable has some warnings for those that don't show charity and love towards their neighbor (Matthew 25:31-46).
It is by grace we are saved . God drew us to Christ . But if one has no faith in Christ then they sure aint under grace .
If our faith is in Christ then we are now changed and are hearers and doers of the WORD .
IF JESUS said to do we do . Its that simple . Proof of the SPIRIT at work in the true believer .
Its easy to sum it up , IF JESUS said to DO lambs DO and if HE said not to do lambs do not do .
Lambs love ALL , not most , not some , but ALL things JESUS taught . As well as what the apostels would later leave us in that bible .
Lambs dont pick and choose , lambs simply love truth . FOR GOD has shed that love upon their hearts by the HOLY GHOST .
Which means lambs dont follow pope francis . Cause the last time i checked he is teaching another go spell indeed .
They all holler God is love , but know neither GOD or HIS LOVE .
In case you are not aware you need to go peek at that twenty sixteen prayer request .
The one that had a muslim , a buddist , a jew , a so called christain and they were all saying GOD is love .
WELL HE IS LOVE , but the other religoins sure dont know HIM . Yet popey implies they do if you watch the message .
ALL coming to GOD in their own way . WHAT A LIE that was . BUT marvel not
its even mentioned in vatican TWO that the muslims and christans serve the same GOD .
What a lie that one is as well . WE getting duped my friend . They knew what they were doing
make GOD into a concept of LOVE , yet preach a wordly version of said love
and you will UNIFY THE ENTIER WORLD under the love god religoin . THEY know and knew what they were doing .
ITs bad news and i wont sit at that table of compromise .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is by grace we are saved . God drew us to Christ . But if one has no faith in Christ then they sure aint under grace .
If our faith is in Christ then we are now changed and are hearers and doers of the WORD .
IF JESUS said to do we do . Its that simple . Proof of the SPIRIT at work in the true believer .
Its easy to sum it up , IF JESUS said to DO lambs DO and if HE said not to do lambs do not do .
Lambs love ALL , not most , not some , but ALL things JESUS taught . As well as what the apostels would later leave us in that bible .
Lambs dont pick and choose , lambs simply love truth . FOR GOD has shed that love upon their hearts by the HOLY GHOST .
Which means lambs dont follow pope francis . Cause the last time i checked he is teaching another go spell indeed .
They all holler God is love , but know neither GOD or HIS LOVE .
In case you are not aware you need to go peek at that twenty sixteen prayer request .
The one that had a muslim , a buddist , a jew , a so called christain and they were all saying GOD is love .
WELL HE IS LOVE , but the other religoins sure dont know HIM . Yet popey implies they do if you watch the message .
ALL coming to GOD in their own way . WHAT A LIE that was . BUT marvel not
its even mentioned in vatican TWO that the muslims and christans serve the same GOD .
What a lie that one is as well . WE getting duped my friend . They knew what they were doing
make GOD into a concept of LOVE , yet preach a wordly version of said love
and you will UNIFY THE ENTIER WORLD under the love god religoin . THEY know and knew what they were doing .
ITs bad news and i wont sit at that table of compromise .
Loving Correction? I'll be honest with you amigo. Many years ago, I found my behavior was attempting to gain fellowship of others thru targeting and attacking certain people or organizations. Being overly critical and trying to share some satisfaction that myself and the people I was talking to were not like that person or organization.

You see it being done on the news all the time. Attacking a person or organization in an attempt to shame people away from their teaching. I think it's a pretty common societal teaching. And it really goes along with worldly teachings and how they differ from God's teachings. God did speak out against the pharisees, but they were trying to steer people from his birthright and authority. So unless we're claiming some authority over the people, I really don't see it as necessary.

It wasn't until years that God healed me of this flaw. That behavior is discussed as to it's incorrectness in the scriptures.

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sola Scriptura is belief that the Word of God is the ONLY AUTHORITY over his ppl. Its commands, corrects ,implements his doctrine, admonishes and instructs how he wants ppl to follow him.

2 Peter1:21 ( cxt 18-21 )
20. Knowing this first, that no scripture is of any private interpertation.
21.For the prophecy came not in old time by THE WILL OF MAN: but holy men of God SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

2 Timothy3:16 ( cxt 14-17 )
16. ALL SCRIPTURE is given by INSPIRATION of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Let me emphasize it is the WORD of God; not the man pastor, man preacher, man pope, man bishop, man preist, man teacher, man evangelist ,for man is a vapour, but the WORD, if they are called and anointed & their preachings brings us to God through salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Scripture is not sufficient documentation for you...that’s on you.
Huh??
YOU
made the following idiotic and completely unsubstantiated historical claim:
“No winder Councils of Catholic men are so Against Scripture.
It glaringly reveals their Fraud.”

And NOW that I’ve exposed your pathetic lie – you tell me that you have provided SCRIPTURE as proof”??
Got any more lies?

What
Scripture passage proves this moronic claim??
Chapter and Verse, please . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thanks for what was not discussed is moot.

You never cease to twist...
First you THANK me what I did not discuss, then call what I didn’t say, a rant.

LOL ... Thanks for verifying your already known Catholic tactics.
TRANSLATION:
“Oh no! I’d better start deflectingor he’s gonna expose me for LYING again!!

Too late
, Einstein . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loving Correction? I'll be honest with you amigo. Many years ago, I found my behavior was attempting to gain fellowship of others thru targeting and attacking certain people or organizations. Being overly critical and trying to share some satisfaction that myself and the people I was talking to were not like that person or organization.

You see it being done on the news all the time. Attacking a person or organization in an attempt to shame people away from their teaching. I think it's a pretty common societal teaching. And it really goes along with worldly teachings and how they differ from God's teachings. God did speak out against the pharisees, but they were trying to steer people from his birthright and authority. So unless we're claiming some authority over the people, I really don't see it as necessary.

It wasn't until years that God healed me of this flaw. That behavior is discussed as to it's incorrectness in the scriptures.

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Go look at your first sentence . YOu were in the wrong in what you did years ago . BUT I AINT DOING THAT AT ALL .
I am just looking out for the peoples . Sometimes folks think wrong and assume just cause they did bad things
That means I DO bad things . I am sorry you did this at the first . But by grace I never have done this .
And i will not fail to continue to warn and exhort , and if anything I am gonna increase in doing it .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting amigo. You say:

And i will not fail to continue to warn and exhort , and if anything I am gonna increase in doing it .

I know that Jesus taught the apostles to kick the dust off their feet when people wouldn't accept their message and not return. And I don't see that allows for repetitiously warning people which could be perceived as something else altogether. Are you sure that behavior is in accordance with biblical teachings. Please share scripture that supports that directive. I'll share this scripture with you amigo.
Matthew 10:14 NKJV
And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.