Something is very, very wrong.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Anybody on the forum I have addressed understands I am a Christian, and I claim no religion. Let me expand on that one point, “Of no religion.” If you agree our God is a God of order, and not a God of division, than something is wrong. If you further agree there are differences between religions, and our God is not a God of difference between his people, something is wrong. If the truth is different from religion to religion, and our God has one understanding for all his people, than something is very wrong. When Gods people in one religion views those in a different religion as dead in Gods eyes, truly there is something very, very wrong.
There is only one creature who employs division, Satan. Our God is powerful. There is nothing he can not do. Why has he allowed division among his people?
I stand as a Christian without a religion, and come under attack from all. Think about that. You are divided among yourselves, and can not even agree on the littlest of things, but you join together to attack one person who believes in God, but not religion?
I understand people will defend what they believe in. I make the claim all religions are false. I am not 100% wrong. If I were to stand for your religion, and said, “All others are false,” you would stand with me. If all other religions are false, than I am only 10% wrong in my claim. The problem with this, who is to say which religion is the true religion? The others also believe they are the true religion. In that case, division does not go away, it grows bigger. Our God is not a God of division. That is a fact we all agree on. If there were no religion, would there be division? Why has God allowed Satan to make division among his people? Is it to separate the goats from the sheep? I don’t have an answer to that question. I do know whatever God allows is for a good reason. Something is wrong. Something is very, very wrong.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
something is very very wrong with you logic. Are you also a human being who is not a homo sapien? Or American who is not a citizen?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi domenic!

domenic said:
Anybody on the forum I have addressed understands I am a Christian, and I claim no religion. Let me expand on that one point, “Of no religion.” If you agree our God is a God of order, and not a God of division, than something is wrong. If you further agree there are differences between religions, and our God is not a God of difference between his people, something is wrong. If the truth is different from religion to religion, and our God has one understanding for all his people, than something is very wrong. When Gods people in one religion views those in a different religion as dead in Gods eyes, truly there is something very, very wrong.
There is only one creature who employs division, Satan. Our God is powerful. There is nothing he can not do. Why has he allowed division among his people?
I stand as a Christian without a religion, and come under attack from all. Think about that. You are divided among yourselves, and can not even agree on the littlest of things, but you join together to attack one person who believes in God, but not religion?
I understand people will defend what they believe in. I make the claim all religions are false. I am not 100% wrong. If I were to stand for your religion, and said, “All others are false,” you would stand with me. If all other religions are false, than I am only 10% wrong in my claim. The problem with this, who is to say which religion is the true religion? The others also believe they are the true religion. In that case, division does not go away, it grows bigger. Our God is not a God of division. That is a fact we all agree on. If there were no religion, would there be division? Why has God allowed Satan to make division among his people? Is it to separate the goats from the sheep? I don’t have an answer to that question. I do know whatever God allows is for a good reason. Something is wrong. Something is very, very wrong.
I am sorry that you have been treated this way dear brother.... :unsure:

I think that the biggest problem with various denominations who follow Christ is more about their emphasis on or what they hold as more important over other denominational beliefs who do not have the same emphasis. I believe that there are more battles in Christianity over doctrinal issues than anything else. This can cause problems but it should not be this way... :huh: It should never ever be this way...Just discussing this issue indicates to me that God has given individuals a choice. This choice is not only about what we believe and walk in but also how we as believers treat others...

God made his people diverse but also made us one in Christ. Just as Israel and the Gentile believer's are one in Christ yet we do not hold to the same doctrine yet. The key is that we will all some day, come to the knowledge of Christ through his son, by his word and the power of the Holy Spirit....This is where I believe, we will all find true unity and peace in Christ Jesus...

Bless you!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, i disagree Angelina. My concerns about Domenic's logic has nothing to do with my church. He is claiming to be a follower of Christ (a christ who is not God, btw) but denies belonging to a religion. This is logically impossible.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then we may have to agree to disagree on this one brother... ^_^ I think that he is a baby Christian that has been given the wrong teachings about Christ and he has gleaned other teachings along the way and included it to his own understanding...but he is right on some issues...

Be Blessed!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
domenic said:
D, you can stand as a Christian without religion (which I interpret to mean apart from religious organizations), but you cannot stand as a Christian apart from doctrine (which just means the instructions of the apostles and others). The words of the book point us to life; their message is the doctrine of life. If you or anyone else misrepresents that doctrine, they will be confronted by those who know better. That is the way error is kept from destroying the faith that has been delivered to us by those before us. What love would it be to just let anyone say anything uncorrected when the consequences can potentially be very dire?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Something is very wrong? What? Where? Who ? Why?

The speculative agnostic statement that suggests "something" is wrong is the intellectual equivalent of a dog chasing it's own tail.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is just a term for how man relates to God. If you believe in God, you practice religion whether or not you agree with using the term or not. It's a fact of the English language.

In regards to there being good religion or bad religion, religion can certainly be qualified.

James 1:27 ESV
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

All versions, back to the KJV use the term religion.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

I think the basic thrust of D's post is right. Division is wrong and it is not of God. People analyse stuff to death and many times get caught up in objecting to small things while missing the bigger point. Things don't have to be said exactly right to be mostly true.

Blessings,

Justin

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
This is from the OP:
“I stand as a Christian without a religion, and come under attack from all. Think about that. You are divided among yourselves, and can not even agree on the littlest of things, but you join together to attack one person who believes in God, but not religion?”

Of all I wrote in the OP, this is the only section many of you replied on. You have done what I stated to the letter.
If nobody has ever told you before, I will tell you. “When people talk about God, he reads their hearts. It is how he judges who he will save, and who he will not save.”

It appears we have a different God. Your God has to be defended by you, mere humans. My God defends himself. My God has no division among his people. Your God has many. My God welcomes the weak to shelter in his shadow. You are like little baby chickens, picking away at each other, not taking notice of the fox.
One of you said I was a baby Christian…yes. That is why I stand in the safety of the shadow of my God, where the fox dare not go.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

I think the basic thrust of D's post is right. Division is wrong and it is not of God. People analyse stuff to death and many times get caught up in objecting to small things while missing the bigger point. Things don't have to be said exactly right to be mostly true.

Blessings,

Justin

i mainly agree with you!! LOL

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Things that D is preaching are being opposed by many. So he takes it personally. That might indicate that he is taking ownership of the truth. None of us own it. He is not being attacked as far as I can tell. His doctrine is under opposition. But hey, some doctrines I represent are also opposed. But since it's not about me, I don't take it personally. (hint) Something is wrong...just figuring that out? :wacko:

Jesus said that He would build His church. In spite of all the negative things that people see and grieve about, our lord is undaunted. He will accomplish His agenda. His church does and will bear fruit. People are still coming into the kingdom.The light is still shining.
My advice; lighten up, take a pill, smile....life is good. ^_^

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Justin Mangonel said:
Division is wrong and it is not of God. People analyse stuff to death and many times get caught up in objecting to small things while missing the bigger point. Things don't have to be said exactly right to be mostly true.
Division is the very nature of the walk in Christ. The word discernment basically means division, i.e., to distinguish, or make a division. There can be no walk in Christ without separation from evil. That requires discernment, or division, between good and evil. When there is proper division, the spirit is free to unify in love because the sources that hinder the spirit are removed. When there is no division, the soul reigns, and soulish love can easily appear to be spiritual love.

All this talk about unity and love is exhibiting a troubling trend. I have, in fact, been reading about it on your website. On it - here - you say that 'doctrine can save no one'. Yet Paul instructed Timothy that he would save himself by heeding Paul's doctrine:

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. 1 Timothy 4:16

I think it would be better to say that doctrine without spiritual obedience can save no one. The two go hand-in-hand.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Division is the very nature of the walk in Christ. The word discernment basically means division, i.e., to distinguish, or make a division. There can be no walk in Christ without separation from evil. That requires discernment, or division, between good and evil. When there is proper division, the spirit is free to unify in love because the sources that hinder the spirit are removed. When there is no division, the soul reigns, and soulish love can easily appear to be spiritual love.

All this talk about unity and love is exhibiting a troubling trend. I have, in fact, been reading about it on your website. On it - here - you say that 'doctrine can save no one'. Yet Paul instructed Timothy that he would save himself by heeding Paul's doctrine:

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. 1 Timothy 4:16

I think it would be better to say that doctrine without spiritual obedience can save no one. The two go hand-in-hand.
When I read this,

"All this talk about unity and love is exhibiting a troubling trend.".

my brain clicked to stupid mode. I don't have any idea what you are trying to express in this sentence? Talk about love, and unity is troubling? My IQ is only 215, so can you explain this sentence in little simple words for me. Thank you.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
domenic said:
When I read this,

"All this talk about unity and love is exhibiting a troubling trend.".

my brain clicked to stupid mode. I don't have any idea what you are trying to express in this sentence? Talk about love, and unity is troubling? My IQ is only 215, so can you explain this sentence in little simple words for me. Thank you.
I was referring mainly to things said on Justin's website (which, btw, has many things I do agree with), and to your comments that implied anything that disturbed unity was evil. That mindset reflects an emerging trend (key word there) that considers doctrine evil and unity through community godliness. In other words, unity of spirit (whether from GOD, or not) in feelings of love becomes preeminent over truth. Unity achieved through soulish love, and unity in agape love are two very different things.

With a 215 IQ, I think you should share some of that with me. :)

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
I was referring mainly to things said on Justin's website (which, btw, has many things I do agree with), and to your comments that implied anything that disturbed unity was evil. That mindset reflects an emerging trend (key word there) that considers doctrine evil and unity through community godliness. In other words, unity of spirit (whether from GOD, or not) in feelings of love becomes preeminent over truth. Unity achieved through soulish love, and unity in agape love are two very different things.

With a 215 IQ, I think you should share some of that with me. :)
Gods doctrines are in his written word. It is mans church doctrines I reject. All religions have man interpreted doctrines that are false...which makes the teaching of that religion false,,,and that is what makes a false religion. I do not follow false religions. They are not from God. You make up sayings, and words, and try to baffle with BS. "soulish love?" Did you pick that up from a 1960 drug party?
Agape? I have agape for my boat, dogs, and people I don't know. I even have agape for you. It's a love that means, I may not like you. I respect you are Gods property, and I wont harm, or kill you.
If you insist addressing me as a fool, I will reply to you on the same level. If God has blinded you to the truth, and you follow false doctrines, I will not go against God, and attempt to give you sight he has taken away.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
domenic said:
You make up sayings, and words, and try to baffle with BS. "soulish love?" Did you pick that up from a 1960 drug party?
This is an example of soulish love:

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:37

And I might add, he 'that loveth church, or friends, or those who agree with you, or whatever more than me is not worthy of me.'

domenic said:
If you insist addressing me as a fool, I will reply to you on the same level. If God has blinded you to the truth, and you follow false doctrines, I will not go against God, and attempt to give you sight he has taken away.
I'm not treating you like a fool. You are being hostile, though

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
domenic said:
Anybody on the forum I have addressed understands I am a Christian, and I claim no religion. Let me expand on that one point, “Of no religion.” If you agree our God is a God of order, and not a God of division, than something is wrong.

Claiming an apple is not an a fruit, or English is not a language, doesn't help anything. You are being pointlessly divisive in your illogical crusade get us to accept that Christianity is not a religion.

When you teach that Christianity is not a religion, all you're teaching is that people can ignore Jesus and still call themselves Christian. Is that you're intent. Is that what you really want to do? Be divisive and teach people not to follow Jesus?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013

And I might add, he 'that loveth church, or friends, or those who agree with you, or whatever more than me is not worthy of me.'

This is how false doctrines start. People try to make improvements on Gods word. Should we call this new scripture,

1 ChristRose From The Dead. "he 'that loveth church, or friends, or those who agree with you, or whatever more than me is not worthy of me."