Something to ponder .....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

Hi everyone,
The forum has been on my mind a lot lately and over the last few weeks some things have been laid on my heart - now I realise that I don’t have a loud voice here, and not as respected or heard like others. However I believe the following is something that needs sharing, as well as applying it to my own life.
All I ask is that you think and reflect and give the following some thought..

Some weeks back I was given ‘ Proverbs 3 ‘ - it had been laid on someone’s heart to give to me. At first proverbs 3:5-6 jumped out at me ( well it’s one of those verses that God often gives me as a kick to get me back on track - at the time I needed a kick !! )
Another verse jumped out at me - verse 11
my son ( daughter ) do not despise the Lords discipline, and do not resent his rebuke ‘
Obviously there is a lot more to that chapter, which I reflected on personally.
This week I was once again considering the forum and during my reflection time the churches in the book of revelation came to mind..
With the exception of one , they all had positives and negatives. However they needed to hear from the Lord what the negatives were - they were not aware of how they were failing.
On Monday this week I was once again on the forum and just felt that there were so many negatives - inside , deep within me I felt burdened. The word ‘ focus ‘ came to, the verse from proverbs 3 ‘ Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ‘
However it was the word ‘ lean ‘ that stood out.
Now the verse doesn’t say that we can’t have our own understanding, or weigh things up for ourselves - but what do we ‘ pull towards, stand up against, rely on ‘
For some months I have felt a conviction that Gods people should be humbling themselves - which means ‘ leaning towards, relying on, The Lord should be our focus’

That took be back to the churches in revelation- each one had lost sight of something, lost their focus - accept one. That church was described as ‘ having little strength ‘
What happens when you are not strong - you lean on something that will keep you going, or someone who is stronger than you.

Within the forum there are loads of speculation, assumptions, discussions about what is going on right now - many people believe they understand and know the times. Many are reliant on their health and immune systems for keeping them safe, or their provision for the future, many are reliant on leaders or perhaps there understanding of what is ‘ really going on ‘ - well Proverbs doesn’t say that we are not allowed to go down those roads - but a question that the Lord asked me and one that I have felt a conviction to ask all of you

What are you leaning on ?

Rita x

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Makes all the difference between walking in peace and walking in anxiety, i.e. regarding finances, provision and health; between walking in hope or despair regarding the things coming upon the world; between walking in love verses hate and judgment with regard to our fellow man. When He is our peace, hope and love, nothing can take it away from us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita
The natural thing is to lean on my own regular sources of income, my health insurance, the cop on the corner, my family, my own brain, my own physical strength, etc.. Any time I come short of His glory those are some of my leaning posts. This is why a needful daily thing is to really get close to God, lean heavily on Him... until we are to where we "pray without ceasing" and "rejoice in the Lord always". I hope that I am closer to that than I was yesterday, but yesterday is gone. Tomorrow should not be my concern in the Lord. This, that is today, is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23

But...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

That brings us all back to way there as per the OP:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Prov. 3:5-8

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Right at the beginning of this pandemic I decided the only thing to do was to trust God - To lean on him - for everything. For our protection, our provision, our wellbeing and everything else. At one point my concern was being able to get food and I prayed that He would provide and each time I managed against the odds to get a delivery slot I knew His hand was in it and was so thankful. I have really felt that He has been so close these last weeks as I have relied on Him. It has been a good time for me for that reason - learning to trust and rely and lean more than usual perhaps. Yesterday I felt 'down' but asked Him to lift me up and spent time praising and today I am back 'up' again. Praise our Father God that He cares so much about us. It has been good living in a more simple way and instead of rushing about having the time just to sit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That took be back to the churches in revelation- each one had lost sight of something, lost their focus - accept one. That church was described as ‘ having little strength ‘
What happens when you are not strong - you lean on something that will keep you going, or someone who is stronger than you.
So very true! Tribulations are good for us, to bring us back to our focus on Jesus.

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I try to live in Proverbs 3 I don't always make it!

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
" ✟

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a battle every day to remember to trust God. If I should run out of money, still, I will be fine. If I lose my home, God will provide. If I become ill, God will provide me with peace. If I face death, I have nothing to fear in Christ. If a family member dies, I may be sad, but I will always have hope in God's resurrection. If riots invade my neighborhood, I have nothing to fear. Not that these things do not cause me some anxiety, but I must remember that nothing that threatens my body or lifestyle can harm my soul.

Never welcomed you to the Forum, Matt, but let me do it now.

That was a wonderful post.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to ponder .....
OP ^

Proverbs 3:
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

One of my most all time favorite Bible verses.
Thanks for your post and comments.

Glory to God,
Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
The forum has been on my mind a lot lately and over the last few weeks some things have been laid on my heart - now I realise that I don’t have a loud voice here, and not as respected or heard like others. However I believe the following is something that needs sharing, as well as applying it to my own life.
All I ask is that you think and reflect and give the following some thought..

Some weeks back I was given ‘ Proverbs 3 ‘ - it had been laid on someone’s heart to give to me. At first proverbs 3:5-6 jumped out at me ( well it’s one of those verses that God often gives me as a kick to get me back on track - at the time I needed a kick !! )
Another verse jumped out at me - verse 11
my son ( daughter ) do not despise the Lords discipline, and do not resent his rebuke ‘
Obviously there is a lot more to that chapter, which I reflected on personally.
This week I was once again considering the forum and during my reflection time the churches in the book of revelation came to mind..
With the exception of one , they all had positives and negatives. However they needed to hear from the Lord what the negatives were - they were not aware of how they were failing.
On Monday this week I was once again on the forum and just felt that there were so many negatives - inside , deep within me I felt burdened. The word ‘ focus ‘ came to, the verse from proverbs 3 ‘ Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ‘
However it was the word ‘ lean ‘ that stood out.
Now the verse doesn’t say that we can’t have our own understanding, or weigh things up for ourselves - but what do we ‘ pull towards, stand up against, rely on ‘
For some months I have felt a conviction that Gods people should be humbling themselves - which means ‘ leaning towards, relying on, The Lord should be our focus’

Within the forum there are loads of speculation, assumptions, discussions about what is going on right now - many people believe they understand and know the times. Many are reliant on their health and immune systems for keeping them safe, or their provision for the future, many are reliant on leaders or perhaps there understanding of what is ‘ really going on ‘ - well Proverbs doesn’t say that we are not allowed to go down those roads - but a question that the Lord asked me and one that I have felt a conviction to ask all of you

Rita x
Your OP is so full of Wisdom! It really blessed me today! And very timely as well.....we all need to be reminded who our source is...Amen?!....been leaning too much on what I see and hear in the world instead of what His Word says to do...
Thank you Rita!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita, you are respected! And, remember God is no respecter of persons anyhow, so should we also not be?? You have been popping out some very thoughtful posts! As for myself, I sense much of God's wisdom from you sister.
xo